ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

20th March - my appointment and UKBA strike

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mirate
Newly Registered

20th March - my appointment and UKBA strike

Post by Mirate » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 am

Dear All,

My ILR appointment is in Sheffield on the 20th..I received a message yesterday morning reminding me of my appointment ...in the evening I received an email, stating the following

"This is to inform you of the possibility of industrial action on 20 March 2013.

If this planned industrial action goes ahead you are advised that there will be a restricted service which may mean that you do not get your decision on the same day.

If you would like to attend on an alternative day please cancel your appointment and re-book for another day.""

I read in other threads people saying someone rang them to rebook. I am not sure if that depends on the region and some offices work and some not. I couldn't cancel my appointment or reschedule as I received my email late at night and its past the 48 hours.

my visa ends on the 17th of April...

Seniors please advice, I am thinking to just go and take the risk, I don't mind if they don't give me the outcomes on the day... It took me weeks to be able to book this appointment ...

Is there a direct number to the Sheffiled PEO..

Please please let me know.

Thanks
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Mirate
Newly Registered

Post by Mirate » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:37 am

Dear seniors

Please let me know what is happening with the strike, I need your help..

Regards

uk_2010

Post by uk_2010 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 am

Keep checking the alternative appointment on regular time interval. I am sure there are plenty of them available and you will surely get one well before your visa expiry date. Good luck.

Mirate
Newly Registered

Success of ILR WP application Sheffileld PEO 20th March

Post by Mirate » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:58 pm

I would like to thank this great Forum for all the useful information found on it. For me I have looked at this forum for 2 months before my application. Reading your comments had made me decide to apply on my own and not through a solicitor.

The great information made me manage to book a PEO appointment on my own and even change the appointment and be able to get the date I needed.

I thought to let you know that my appointment though on the 20th of March was successful.

I want to let you know my experience as it might be useful for others.

I received an email on the 18th night letting me know that I am entitled to cancel my appointment and rebook as their is a strike.
I decided to go ahead and not cancel.

My appointment was at 1.30 pm.
I arrived early at 9.00am, they allowed me in and gave me a number,
At 11.00 am my number called, they first advised that they might not be able to give me the decision on the day as there is a strike and I have the option not to go ahead. Me and my husband said we will proceed.

I had a very organised folder for my documents the person checking it, came and said he will come from the main door and collect the folder from me instead of me getting the papers out, I had organised 2 identical one original and one photocopies.. He said he needs the original and then will swap them after they have checked through them with the photocopy. I told her I have a lot of other documents but she said that she thinks what I have is more than enough but will let me know if needed.

He then said I now have to pay and then wait for biometrics and then the folder will be swapped.

At 11.45 we were called for biometrics, and told we can leave as no decisions will be made.

I told the reception I need to swap folders.

The case worker came and spoke to me, and told me someone will ring you tomorrow to let you know the decision. I asked for my original documents, she apologised politely and said they still need them as there is no time for them to enter details on the system and that they will post them to me straight on.
Then she gave some advice on the BRP card and said it will be 10 years to expire and for me not to worry when I see that.

I told here I have a lot of other documents but she said, don't worry we have more than enough.

On the 21st at 10.00 am I received a call from UKBA advising that my application was successful and that I will receive my documents the next day, and my BRP in 7 to 10 working days.

On the 22nd of march at 11.30 am the document and UKBA Letter arrived in the post.

Yesterday On the 25th of March I received our BRP cards.

Thank you all again very much for all the valuable information and good luck to all on this forum.

Best wishes...