ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) to ILR onward

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyz_abc
BANNED

Tier 1 (G) to ILR onward

Post by xyz_abc » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 am

This has been a dilemma for me and would like to clarify:

I am eligible for ILR this June and would like to get naturalisation after 12 months receiving ILR.

I would like to drive but withholding myself due to traffic related offences. I will be a responsible driver from my side but fear that any (God forbidden) accidents will be considered as Offence and will subsequently affect on progress to naturalisation.

Could someone please advise as to:

- what is the definition of an ‘OFFENCE’ for HO?!
- If I fear Ok? And should continue to ‘play safe’?!

Thanks.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 (G) to ILR onward

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:56 pm

xyz_abc wrote:This has been a dilemma for me and would like to clarify:

I am eligible for ILR this June and would like to get naturalisation after 12 months receiving ILR.

I would like to drive but withholding myself due to traffic related offences. I will be a responsible driver from my side but fear that any (God forbidden) accidents will be considered as Offence and will subsequently affect on progress to naturalisation.

Thanks.
When i read your message it seemed like you were talking about all the fears which i had when i was applying last month :D
I think its just a phychological sort of issue with both of us, i refrained from driving for a few months unless absolutely necessary - drove my wife crazy though, no shopping weekends, no long drives etc :)
Anyway i think i was being over cautious the same way you are, play safe if you can but dont worry too much about it.

As for the offence, an accident is NOT an offence, provided you were not intentionally breaking the law something like drink driving or driving without insurance etc. As a general rule if you dont have to go to court to get something resolved then you are fine.

Good Luck.

xyz_abc
BANNED

Post by xyz_abc » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 pm

shahid2000 wrote:

Thanks.
When i read your message it seemed like you were talking about all the fears which i had when i was applying last month :D
I think its just a phychological sort of issue with both of us, i refrained from driving for a few months unless absolutely necessary - drove my wife crazy though, no shopping weekends, no long drives etc :)
Anyway i think i was being over cautious the same way you are, play safe if you can but dont worry too much about it.

As for the offence, an accident is NOT an offence, provided you were not intentionally breaking the law something like drink driving or driving without insurance etc. As a general rule if you dont have to go to court to get something resolved then you are fine.

Good Luck.

Thanks Shahid.

Would unintentional overspeeding be counted as Offence by HO? Worst thing is that any offences will effect naturalisation applications also!!!

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 am

xyz_abc wrote:
shahid2000 wrote:

Thanks.

Good Luck.

Thanks Shahid.

Would unintentional overspeeding be counted as Offence by HO? Worst thing is that any offences will effect naturalisation applications also!!!
If you are caught overspeeding then how would you prove whether it was intentional or unintentional? I think it will be at the discretion of the officer who stopped you. If you get points and a court fine then that will be an offence.
Just keep it real and dont worry too much about it.