ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Watchthese marons blaming each other over UKBA's incompetency
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

smshad

NEW UKBA STRUCTURE WILL NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE TO US

Post by smshad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi,
It will make no difference. See below

"in a leaked memo, the head of the Home Office, permanent secretary Mark Sedwill, told staff they will "still be doing the same job" despite new reforms."
http://t.news.uk.msn.com/uk/secretive-u ... e-scrapped
stoorrey wrote:As all of you might know now that UK Border Agency soon to be scraped. Will it make any differences for us............??

What do you guys think?

Is it a bad news or good for us?

Ged

Re: Set (M) or Flr(M)

Post by Ged » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
malavan1234 wrote:I would be appericiate if any of you could help me regarding above matter as I have booked an appointment for tomorrow to go in person for Flr (M) but not sure to cancel it and book another one for Set(M).
Bear in mind, the changes coming on 6th April may delay your wife's SET(M) for another 2 years. So, play safe!!!!
Can you explain how changes coming to effect on 6th of April may influence 10 Years ILR dependents? They appeared irrelevant to me. Is there something I am missing?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Ged wrote:Can you explain how changes coming to effect on 6th of April may influence 10 Years ILR dependents? They appeared irrelevant to me. Is there something I am missing?
The real worry is for PSW & Student dependants.
Statement of change @ Page 12 wrote:To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Ged

Post by Ged » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Ged wrote:Can you explain how changes coming to effect on 6th of April may influence 10 Years ILR dependents? They appeared irrelevant to me. Is there something I am missing?
The real worry is for PSW & Student dependants.
Statement of change @ Page 12 wrote:To provide that the partner of a Points Based System migrant not on a route to settlement cannot switch into the partner route under Part 8 and amalgamate their leave as a partner under both routes towards the qualifying period for settlement.
I see. Many thanks.

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks Pals..@specy_99, @stoorrey, @endan..
Will give a try and see..

stoorrey wrote:
specy_99 wrote:
Call 0870 606 7766 press option 4, then option 3 , then press 1 and then hold the line for a while and you will surly speak to some one.
I tried it and I was told that I need to go through the right options!
I talked to someone only yesterday via this method, its different from person to person. Just try again.

elcanja
Newly Registered

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by elcanja » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 am

Hi everyone!!! Been somewhat more of a silent reader on this forum but today I'm glad to bring in some good news!

After nearly 8 months I finally got my ILR today!

Like with many here, these last few months have been very, very difficult... Stay strong everyone!

Had not previously given details but in a very good mood and if it helps anyone... :-)

Applied: 02/08/2012
Biometrics done: 26/09/2012
Passport received: 26/03/2013
BRP: waiting

All the best and thanks to all that helped!

malavan1234
Newly Registered

wife got ILR

Post by malavan1234 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 am

I was at UK BA today to get visa for my wife and like to share my experince to anyone who likes to know.

first of all would like to thanks from every one who gave me advises and suggestions. (specially punjabi)

As some of you might know, I got my ILR(10 years) just last week and wanted to apply for my wife who was on student depandant visa and psw dependant perviousley for 5 years.
we booked the appointment under Flr (M) as we thought she needs to get visa under that. as I read some experinces of people here, we then decided to fill form Set(M) too and take both forms.

so we went to ukba today, and they asked us for the form on the first window! I showed them both forms as we dont know which form she is eligable. The lady said let me talk to my supervisor! she then called us and said wife has to apply under Set(M) which was great news for us.

after 2 hours waiting (already paid £1337 for set(m)) the case worker called us for checking the documents then we got shocking news!!
She said both Flr(M) and Set(M) are wrong forms and my wife should fill the Set(O) form!!!

she then brought the form for us and (thanks god) asked me to fill the form over there!! I quickly filled the form and after checking not even our all douments (except our marrige certificate and passports) she said wait for 15 minutes.

after 15 min she called again and gave a letter to my wife which was granted for her ILR. YES ILR.........

I think even them self dont know which form is right for 10 years long residancy dependant!!!

So my wife got her ILR same as me.....
Thanks again from every one who helped me in this forum..

Terry143
Newly Registered

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Terry143 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:15 am

Congratulations.

elcanja wrote:Hi everyone!!! Been somewhat more of a silent reader on this forum but today I'm glad to bring in some good news!

Like with many here, these last few months have been very, very difficult... Stay strong everyone!

Had not previously given details but in a very good mood and if it helps anyone... :-)

xixiberyl
Newly Registered

Re: wife got ILR

Post by xixiberyl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:15 am

malavan1234 wrote:I was at UK BA today to get visa for my wife and like to share my experince to anyone who likes to know.

first of all would like to thanks from every one who gave me advises and suggestions. (specially punjabi)

As some of you might know, I got my ILR(10 years) just last week and wanted to apply for my wife who was on student depandant visa and psw dependant perviousley for 5 years.
we booked the appointment under Flr (M) as we thought she needs to get visa under that. as I read some experinces of people here, we then decided to fill form Set(M) too and take both forms.

so we went to ukba today, and they asked us for the form on the first window! I showed them both forms as we dont know which form she is eligable. The lady said let me talk to my supervisor! she then called us and said wife has to apply under Set(M) which was great news for us.

after 2 hours waiting (already paid £1337 for set(m)) the case worker called us for checking the documents then we got shocking news!!
She said both Flr(M) and Set(M) are wrong forms and my wife should fill the Set(O) form!!!

she then brought the form for us and (thanks god) asked me to fill the form over there!! I quickly filled the form and after checking not even our all douments (except our marrige certificate and passports) she said wait for 15 minutes.

after 15 min she called again and gave a letter to my wife which was granted for her ILR. YES ILR.........

I think even them self dont know which form is right for 10 years long residancy dependant!!!

Cong! quick question, where you attend the interview? which type is your appointment? ( SET(M) or FLR (M)? thanks

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:21 am

elcanja wrote:Hi everyone!!! Been somewhat more of a silent reader on this forum but today I'm glad to bring in some good news!

Hi many Congratulations..
Did you expedite your case?, or contacted MP for complains,,etc.?
<<<<<<<<<<<<Applied on 24th Aug ,,still wating >>>>>>>>>>

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 am

malavan1234 wrote:I was at UK BA today to get visa for my wife and like to share my experince to anyone who likes to know.

Thats great, congratulations and which PEO was that ?

newbie.scott

Post by newbie.scott » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am

Contacted UKBA, this morning on 0870 606 7766
Option 4 <general enquirers>, then 2 <for applications waiting for more than 6 months>

It connected quite quickly, the answer is "IT IS NOT COMPLETED"

No advise on further timescales.

Just advise me yo WAIT..

She advise me that I could write to LIVERPOOL address

newbie.scott wrote:Thanks Pals..@specy_99, @stoorrey, @endan..

stoorrey wrote:
specy_99 wrote:
Call 0870 606 7766 press option 4, then option 3 , then press 1 and then hold the line for a while and you will surly speak to some one.
I talked to someone only yesterday via this method, its different from person to person. Just try again.

malavan1234
Newly Registered

Post by malavan1234 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 am

xixiberyl wrote:

Cong! quick question, where you attend the interview? which type is your appointment? ( SET(M) or FLR (M)? thanks
It was at Liverpool and the appointment was under FLR(M)

Hyper-PK

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:19 am

newbie.scott wrote:Contacted UKBA, this morning on 0870 606 7766
Option 4 <general enquirers>, then 2 <for applications waiting for more than 6 months>

It connected quite quickly, the answer is "IT IS NOT COMPLETED"

No advise on further timescales.

Just advise me yo WAIT..

She advise me that I could write to LIVERPOOL address

newbie.scott wrote:Thanks Pals..@specy_99, @stoorrey, @endan..

stoorrey wrote:
specy_99 wrote:

That’s why I never botherd to call them, because them are just operators, what a waste of time and money.,,, best to write to your MP or to the case worker

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:11 am

Hyper-PK wrote:best to write to your MP or to the case worker
How will you find who is your case worker ?

xixiberyl
Newly Registered

Post by xixiberyl » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:21 am

malavan1234 wrote:
xixiberyl wrote:

It was at Liverpool and the appointment was under FLR(M)
Many thanks, it is very useful for some of us!

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Re: RE: IRL APPROVAL

Post by tinaysf » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:40 am

alisha123 wrote:Congratulation Tinaysf....13 months of waiting....We thank God for your freedom ..enjoy it.
Just a quick one, did you apply based on 10 YEARS on the 28th of February 2012 or was that the date you applied for your visa extention which was refused?
I applied for 10 years on 28 feb 2012 my last visa extension was refused on 24 jun 2011 and it went on to appeal. I completed my 10 years during appeal period.

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:47 pm

CONGRATS : Good Luck for future

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:49 pm

CONGRATS: yeh these last couple of months are really hard to wait especially ppls been waiting that long.. anyway .. we're happy that things are moving to the right direction and eventually all of us will get there..

Hyper-PK

ILR

Post by Hyper-PK » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:33 pm

z18runway wrote:
Sorry I mean case workers team, as mentioned in previouse posts.

lrk
Newly Registered

Post by lrk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
lrk wrote:Actually we have ID on the name of my wife

What does that mean?

She will apply for FLR(M) or SET(M).

As suggested earlier, could be one after other/same time/SET(M) Straight away. Depends on your luck & the CW you speak to.

How can we book two appointments, shall I open account on my name as well and then book appointment for her ?

Yes, thats the only way you can book two. (Thumb Rule: 1 Appointment per person)

Simple question is how can we book appoints as FLR(M) on one day and SET(M) on second day ?

Don't know what you mean. I think the previous answer applies.
Thanks for above answeres.

Actualy I wanted to know whether it is possible that me and her have two ID's seperately. She books appointment as FLR(M) through her ID and I book as SET(M) for her through my ID. I am not sure whether I can book appointment through my ID for my wife ? Sorry , could not make it clear before , Now I hope it is clear. Thanks

lrk
Newly Registered

Post by lrk » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi malavan1234

Congrats... Wish you good luck in future

S17
Newly Registered

Post by S17 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:51 pm

[quote="settlementnow"][quote="settlementnow"][quote="inception"]congrats lambu1

any update from
inzi2k
azad
S17
jit
TheCreativeDragon
okello
Hapi2
mrgsing
settlementnow
hyper-PK
............?? :( :( :( :( :([/quote]

Hi there, I still haven't hear anything, been waiting since August. My lawyers have been calling them up but they say the application still isnt complete. I called the UKBA this afternoon and was told that the application was incomplete and they aimed to complete it within six months. When i pointed out that it had now in fact been 8 months I was told that this was probably because there were still going through people who had applied before me. I then pointed out that a few people who had applied after me had already received their documents back, and was told that they couldnt give me an answer for that! Absolutely ridiculous!

z18runway

Re: ILR

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Hyper-PK wrote:
z18runway wrote:
Sorry I mean case workers team, as mentioned in previouse posts.
thanks