ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Apply For ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smithyboy
Newly Registered

Can I Apply For ILR

Post by smithyboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:47 am

hi,
i have been studying under a student visa in the UK since sep 2006 continuously till date, i recently got a job and currently sorting out the process to get a work permit. what i want to ask is when will i be able to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain..

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:54 pm

5 years from the start of your work permit.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Can I Apply For ILR

Post by physicskate » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 pm

smithyboy wrote:hi,
i have been studying under a student visa in the UK since sep 2006 continuously till date, i recently got a job and currently sorting out the process to get a work permit. what i want to ask is when will i be able to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain..

Thanks
Or 28 days before the 10th anniversary of your entry clearance (september 2016) if you meet the other requirements for 10 years long residence.