ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Apply For ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smithyboy
Newly Registered

Can I Apply For ILR

Post by smithyboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:55 am

hi,
i have been studying under a student visa in the UK since sep 2006 continuously till date, i recently got a job and currently sorting out the process to get a work permit. what i want to ask is when will i be able to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain..

Thanks

dreamfriend

Re: Can I Apply For ILR

Post by dreamfriend » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:47 am

smithyboy wrote:hi,
i have been studying under a student visa in the UK since sep 2006 continuously till date, i recently got a job and currently sorting out the process to get a work permit. what i want to ask is when will i be able to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain..

Thanks
First get a Work Permit, then think for ILR, current rule you have to complete 5 years on work permit or 10 years lawful residence(in your case September 2016 !!!!!!) long way to go. Immigration Rules are changing couple of times a year.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:41 am

Earliest 2016 as per 10 year rule.
Or according to current rules, if you spend 5 years on WP you'll get ILR
Goodluck.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:06 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.