ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for permanent residence permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Apply for permanent residence permit

Post by WANRAWIN » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:59 am

Hi,I am now on RC which will expire in 2014,my question today is
: it write in the website that the non eea have to be with the eea member for 5 years then we he/she can apply for permanent permit. I have been with my partner since 2007 ,isn't this mean I could have apply for it long time ago?

Kind regard
Wanrawin

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:25 am

The criteria for PR under EU rules are that you have been in the UK for five years as the dependant partner of an EU national who has been exercising unbroken treaty rights or has, himself, acquired PR. Nothing in your post sufficiently indicates you might qualify in these circumstances.

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Post by WANRAWIN » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 am

Lucapooka wrote:The criteria for PR under EU rules are that you have been in the UK for five years as the dependant partner of an EU national who has been exercising unbroken treaty rights or has, himself, acquired PR. Nothing in your post sufficiently indicates you might qualify in these circumstances.
I have been in uk as a student with student visa from 2005 - 2008. Then in 2008 I sent the application to apply for RC . My partner is working full time . We move in together in 2007.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 am

Are you married or unmarried.

How did you apply, as a married or unmarried partner.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Post by WANRAWIN » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Obie wrote:Are you married or unmarried.

How did you apply, as a married or unmarried partner.

Unmarried partner, 2 children age 5 and 3.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Well you are not strictly speaking a family member under Regulation 7(3) until a Residence Card is issued.

You coud argue that the Homeoffice should count from the time you made your application which was successful, which is 2008, and therefore you should be issued a Permanent Residence card.

This argument has been successful in some cases and failed in other. In any event i wish you al the best.

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Post by WANRAWIN » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:25 pm

Obie wrote:Well you are not strictly speaking a family member under Regulation 7(3) until a Residence Card is issued.

You coud argue that the Homeoffice should count from the time you made your application which was successful, which is 2008, and therefore you should be issued a Permanent Residence card.

This argument has been successful in some cases and failed in other. In any event i wish you al the best.
Obie wrote:Well you are not strictly speaking a family member under Regulation 7(3) until a Residence Card is issued.

Thank you for the reply, although , I would like to ask ,is being mother of an eu citizen count me in as a family member apart from being unmarried partner with the eu citizen . Is it ok for me to travel with the children with the children within Europe without my partner?

tweety0211
European Union

Post by tweety0211 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Lucapooka wrote:The criteria for PR under EU rules are that you have been in the UK for five years as the dependant partner of an EU national who has been exercising unbroken treaty rights or has, himself, acquired PR. Nothing in your post sufficiently indicates you might qualify in these circumstances.
Does this mean that if an EU citizen aquired PR, one no longer must exercise his threaty rights in order for his non EU partner to get a RC? My husband told me that we would be able to apply for my PR before expiry of my RC as he had PR already when we married. Is that true?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:26 pm

Regulation 15(1A) provides an exclusion clause for family member who acquired rights of residence by virtue of Regulation 15A.

Therefore people who has Derivative Residence Card cannot qualify for Permanent Residence Card.

As i said before the UK's view is that Extended Family members have no rights under the EEA regulation to residence, they can only have such rights, if in all the circumstances, it seems appropriate to confer on them the same.

Until this right is conferred they have no accrued rights under the regulation.