ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC codes after 6th April 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RDS3
Newly Registered

SOC codes after 6th April 2013

Post by RDS3 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:25 am

Applying for ILR in May 2013. New SOC codes for employers come into effect from 6th April. So on the employers Letter which SOC code must be mentioned. The old SOC codes where SOC 2000 the new ones are SOC 2010.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:05 pm

read the statement of intent on/policy guidance on ukba website.

i remember they mentioned the case you are describing over there and what it means to someone like you.

i am not going to speculate on what i read so after you have read it, can you please update this thread with your findings!

ILR05

Post by ILR05 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:17 pm

As per current immigration rule section 245 GF for tier 2 ICT , it is mentioned following text;

(e) The sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant's last grant of leave must certify in writing that:

(i) he still requires the applicant for the employment in question, and

(ii) he is paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J.

It means it is still referring old SOC code therefore we have to mention old SOC code in employer letter.