ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualify for ILR while Tier 1 Extn still under processing??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

globetrotter_ks

Qualify for ILR while Tier 1 Extn still under processing??

Post by globetrotter_ks » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Whats happens if my application for FLR or tier1 extension is under the process and during the same time i qualify for ILR while my documents are still with UKBA?

Do i have to pay new fees for ILR?

PS: have to do another extension as i entered country late by 5 months. so its like 3 yrs +2 yrs + 3 months = ILR

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Yes, you have to pay the additional fees.
Provide more information please, did you qualify even before you applied for an extension. If yes, you could have applied for ILR direrctly.

But if you didnt you have to first get it extended and apply seperately for ILR.

In any case UKBA will not refund you the money, so you have to make a fresh application for ILR.

globetrotter_ks

Post by globetrotter_ks » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi thanks for replying . i dont qualify for ILR at the time of tier1 extension as i entered the country late and according to the new rule .

" Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided period was not longer than 3 months."

mine was longer than 3 months so have to apply for an extension for ONLY 2 MONTHS to qualify for ILR. ( as for ILR i can apply 28 days early )

What happens to my original documents as they might still be with UKBA during the process?

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:56 pm

If the extension is not processed by time you are eligible for ILR then you can vary the application
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 317#231317