ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

remond
Newly Registered

benefit

Post by remond » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi
Can any one help me about benefit claiming. I got ILR recently based on 10 years long residency but my wife's spouse visa application is pending with theHome Office. I have two child born here. Can I claim benefit like child tax credit, working tax credit and child benefit while my wife's visa is pending? Will it effect her application? Many thanks for your time.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Apply for tax credits in joint names and child benefit in your name only. This won't affect your wife's application.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 pm

just a quick question, if the OP start claiming tax credits, then wont the question arise that he lives under low income(OP has not told that) category and how is he going to maintain his family life without any public funds while he applies for his wife ILR ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:19 pm

z18runway wrote:just a quick question, if the OP start claiming tax credits, then wont the question arise that he lives under low income(OP has not told that) category and how is he going to maintain his family life without any public funds while he applies for his wife ILR ?
A low income for the purpose of tax credits can still be above the income level for the visa requirement. The settled or bc is not subject to immigration control therefore, cannot be restricted benefits wise. However, some couples where one is subject to immigration control will make a joint claim but will only be given the support for a single person but both their incomes will be taken into account.