ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Return as Invalid Cause of Wrong Fee Paid

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danial786
Newly Registered

Application Return as Invalid Cause of Wrong Fee Paid

Post by danial786 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:41 pm

If I Apply on 2nd of April 2013 what Application fee should I pay

Old fee =1500
or
new fees =1545

Also I am paying through banker draft.

The reason I am asking this is that I have a meeting with my immigration advisor and she said that last time when UKBA increased visa fees, April 2011 to be exactly, lots of people applied in early April between 1st April 2011 to 5th of April 2011 and there applications were send back as invalid because of wrong fee's paid ?

Can UKBA do this even though you applied before the visa fees have increased. Regardless when they receive the application or when they detected the fees ? I was of a impression that application postal dates is considered the application date submitted ?

Please advice me as I am seriously planning to fire my immigration solicitor as it does not make any sense at all

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm

You indeed require another advisor for your immigration queries.
You need to pay old fees as long as you send your application using royalmail by 5th of April. If you send by couriers, you need to make sure it reaches UKBA by 5th April.
However, UKBA can send back the application as invalid due to wrong photo, missing or incomplete form, payment declined etc.. and then you will automatically pay new fees once you re-submit the application.

danial786
Newly Registered

Post by danial786 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:31 pm

Form..... hope she complete them correctly, (Level three immigration advisor)

any advice guys !
Last edited by danial786 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cskadari
Newly Registered

Post by cskadari » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:47 am

Do they take the pament first and invalidate the application for the wrong/invalid photo? Do we need to pay another fee in that case?

<<<
However, UKBA can send back the application as invalid due to wrong photo, missing or incomplete form, payment declined etc.. and then you will automatically pay new fees once you re-submit the application.
>>>

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:33 am

They will take the payment but will send a refund cheque later on...