ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD Benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adi_khaneng

CHILD Benefit

Post by adi_khaneng » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:46 am

Hi All

I have recently had my ILR. I am now filling the form for Child Benefit and hence these questions.

1). What sort of paper work do I need to send with the application except for the original birth certificate?

2). Called Child benefit helpline and was advised just the birth certificate is enough, though was thinking to attach the letters that states that ILR status has been granted to me.

3). I have seen several posts where they have lost the documents after they asked for the additional info.

Please could somebody shed some light on this? Many Thanks.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Re: CHILD Benefit

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:16 pm

adi_khaneng wrote:Hi All

I have recently had my ILR. I am now filling the form for Child Benefit and hence these questions.

1). What sort of paper work do I need to send with the application except for the original birth certificate?

2). Called Child benefit helpline and was advised just the birth certificate is enough, though was thinking to attach the letters that states that ILR status has been granted to me.

3). I have seen several posts where they have lost the documents after they asked for the additional info.

When I applied for CB i send following docs
1) original birth certificates
2) photocopies of my and my wife passports attested by local job center plus
3) photocopies of ILR letter given by HO also attested by job center plus.

They might ask you to send the original passports if you only send the birth certificate of your child.

Child Tax Credit office will always ask you for your original passports even you send them the copies. For chils tax credit claim do not send original passports unless they request these.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:41 pm

CB approved now. took 3 weeks overall.

shanee420
Newly Registered

what documents did u send eventually?

Post by shanee420 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Adi,

I am in a similar situation. Can you please tell me what documents did you eventually send for CB?

I dont want to send original ILR card and passport if i can avoid it.

Regards,
Zeeshan

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:45 pm

Zeeshan,

The complete process takes upto 6 to 8 weeks to get all your documents etc the details are as below,

1. Initially you need to complete the form and sent with your child's orginial full birth certificate
2. After couple of weeks you will get a letter asking for your passport to show your visa status and apprently you have post your original passport along with your origianl Biometrics card.
3. Then finally they will return all the documents and will come back to you with the decision.

There is a time lost in between sending and receiving documents which need to be aware of but at all its simple process and make sure any document you sent to them has to be signed for so the less chance of lost or stolen.

Good luck if you have any questions write to me I am more than happy to help.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Sorry Zeeshan for the late reply.

I sent my Daughters original Birth certificate and other were just copies of My passport and BRP card.

I hope that ok.

desired.value
Newly Registered

Post by desired.value » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:59 am

[quote="adi_khaneng"]Sorry Zeeshan for the late reply.

I sent my Daughters original Birth certificate and other were just copies of My passport and BRP card.

I hope that ok.[/quote]

Any updates on your case..? Did they ask for any other documents ? Has it been approved.. please update...

desired.value
Newly Registered

Post by desired.value » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 pm

[quote="desired.value"][quote="adi_khaneng"]Sorry Zeeshan for the late reply.

I hope that ok.[/quote]

Any updates on your case..? Did they ask for any other documents ? Has it been approved.. please update...[/quote]

Did you had to attest your photo copy document from job centre plus or u just sent it..

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:18 pm

adi_khaneng wrote:Hi All

When I applied for CB I send following docs
1) Oiginal birth certificate
2) photocopy of the passport
3) photocopy of ILR letter given by HO.
4) photocopy of BRP
5) photocopy of BRP letter given by HO.

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Hey Guys
I have recently applied for Child Benefit, saturday the 23rd of March to be precise and i will like to know when am likely to get acknowledgement letter from them
Could someone please help with likely timeline. I only send original Birth Certificate
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:07 am

let_koko wrote:Hey Guys
I have recently applied for Child Benefit, saturday the 23rd of March to be precise and i will like to know when am likely to get acknowledgement letter from them
Could someone please help with likely timeline. I only send original Birth Certificate
Thanks
Chb is notoriously bad and can take weeks or months.