ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permenant Residency through investor immigration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alixman984
Newly Registered

Permenant Residency through investor immigration

Post by Alixman984 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Hi everybody,

Me and my parents, immigrated to Brititan in 2001 using investor immigration and obtained our permenant residency if i'm not mistaken in summer 2005.

I have some question I hope someone could point me to the right direction. I've been searching for some information all day couldn't really find anything.

1- I'm currently study my final year in University (BEng), during this 3 years I paid as a NONE EU/British which is fair enough. But now that I'm advancing to Master it seems the tution fee is pretty expensive for overseas student (£16k to be exact), I've been told that becuase I have a permenant residency, I SHOULD be able to pay as home stundent, but there is no information whatsoever on either homeoffice website or ministry of education. I was wondering if anyone here could point me to the right direction.

2- I'm not realy too much into immigration details, but that I/we have our own residency what steps do we have to take in order to obtain a British residency as well. and how long that might take. As far as i know Britian doesn't have any problem with duel citizenship.

Any help would be highly appreciated as I need to decide for my financial future quickly.

Regards.
Ally :D

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Permenant Residency through investor immigration

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 pm

Normally if U have ILR you will pay home fee. COntact the Uni U r going to register they will be able to tell U whether U pay home or int fee.

Pantaiema
Alixman984 wrote:Hi everybody,

Me and my parents, immigrated to Brititan in 2001 using investor immigration and obtained our permenant residency if i'm not mistaken in summer 2005.

I have some question I hope someone could point me to the right direction. I've been searching for some information all day couldn't really find anything.

1- I'm currently study my final year in University (BEng), during this 3 years I paid as a NONE EU/British which is fair enough. But now that I'm advancing to Master it seems the tution fee is pretty expensive for overseas student (£16k to be exact), I've been told that becuase I have a permenant residency, I SHOULD be able to pay as home stundent, but there is no information whatsoever on either homeoffice website or ministry of education. I was wondering if anyone here could point me to the right direction.

2- I'm not realy too much into immigration details, but that I/we have our own residency what steps do we have to take in order to obtain a British residency as well. and how long that might take. As far as i know Britian doesn't have any problem with duel citizenship.

Any help would be highly appreciated as I need to decide for my financial future quickly.

Regards.
Ally :D

Alixman984
Newly Registered

Post by Alixman984 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:47 pm

I did get in touch with them perior to posting a message here, but they didn't know and refered me to HomeOffice, they didn't really know either.

It's pretty confusing.

but thanks anyway.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:03 pm

Dear Alixman984

If you want to know exctaly that you are entitle for Home fee see, refer to the following document publisehd by UKCOSA. UKCOSA is the council for internationl education in the UK

http://www.ukcosa.org.uk/images/tuitionfees.pdf

If you did not fins it there than call the UKCOSA directly, they will be ablr to advise you]

Regards
Pantaiema
Alixman984 wrote:I did get in touch with them perior to posting a message here, but they didn't know and refered me to HomeOffice, they didn't really know either.

It's pretty confusing.

but thanks anyway.

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:03 pm

You should have been paying home fee since the day you obtained your ILR. Tell the uni that there's no restriction of you coming in or out of the country and that you do not need a student visa to study as you are an ILR holder. Show them the paper document detailing rights of ILR holders if you can find one.

springhaze
Newly Registered

Post by springhaze » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:29 pm

sunnyday wrote:You should have been paying home fee since the day you obtained your ILR. Tell the uni that there's no restriction of you coming in or out of the country and that you do not need a student visa to study as you are an ILR holder. Show them the paper document detailing rights of ILR holders if you can find one.
A lot of universities have a rule that you can't switch fee modes mid-stream, ie that if you start the course paying international fees, you can't switch to home fees in the middle of the same course even if you reach the home fees requirements halfway through.

Alixman- you should *definitely* be eligible for home fees for your masters course (and able to apply for funding schemes as well.) The UKCOSA link is a good start, but really your uni should have some sort of written policy that states who is eligible for home fees- most do, in my experience.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:51 am

springhaze wrote:but really your uni should have some sort of written policy that states who is eligible for home fees- most do, in my experience.
If they don't, find one that does! :wink:

I know in Sheffield the two Universities have different levels of support for dealing with international students/immigration related stuff.
Perry Ismangil