ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plz share the best way of arranging Courier

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chamzu
Newly Registered

I have no idea now...

Post by chamzu » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:37 pm

Hi, all

Yesterday, HO recieved my application ( according courier), but no information to me.

I just called DHL UK to seek information about this. Unfortunately, they said they do NOT collect a shipment without sign, and they can NOT use a form which is out of country format, even if it is also DHL. However,

How did you get it, Lucy? Thank you.

antsy...

lanwarrior

Post by lanwarrior » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Hi all,

In my past experiences, DHL does not require a signature for a package pick-up, as long as the Airway Bill has been pre-populated (sender & recipient info, payment, etc.). If you have a DHL account number, it's even better.

Here in US, I typically just drop off a package with the completed Airway Bill or call DHL to come and they just pick-it up.

Is it different in UK?

mandeep_talwar
Newly Registered

To send documents from within UK

Post by mandeep_talwar » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:05 pm

The best way to send Docuements within UK is ROYAL MAIL SPECIAL DELIVERY service.

Royal mail provides you with envelop big enough to fit your documents file to be sent as a recorded delivery so you'll need to mention the addres of Courier mentioned in guidlined...my documents were received next day and on 3rd day the money was out of my account. ---- what a quick responce...

I also included the same invelop which is prepaid for then to use in order to send the documents back to me....that will be recorded automatically....

Safest way to send the docuemnts....

jerozza
Newly Registered

Post by jerozza » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:42 pm

I found best way to send documents to a country outside UK is through the Mail Boxes Etc - they have a branch in Sheffield and can express send the documents, they are using UPS and Fedex. The site is www.mbesheffield.co.uk

Jarazzo

sancherry
Newly Registered

Outside UK

Post by sancherry » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:32 pm

jerozza wrote:I found best way to send documents to a country outside UK is through the Mail Boxes Etc - they have a branch in Sheffield and can express send the documents, they are using UPS and Fedex. The site is www.mbesheffield.co.uk

Jarazzo
Hi,
Jarazzo, Thanks for the information. did you apply from a country outside UK and used Mail Box etc?
can we make the payment to their account from outside UK using credit card?

Hi,
Can anyone from India please suggest which courier can be used for the return of documents ?
Today I spoke to DHL customer service n was told that they could collect the documents from the pick up point if the arrangemnets for payment could be made in UK itself.
UPS guys were also telling the same.
How safe is Royal Mail for sending the documents outside UK?
Hope to hear from you all soon... many many thanks in advance

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Hi Friends,

Any Idea how much it should cost to send douments from Bangalore, India to UK and also return by the same courier (I would prefer DHL).

What kind of Courier arrangement I should make? Can anyone pls gimme some advice. Thanks.

Regards,

Akash...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:55 pm

Hi,

Couple of fellow members who have used the services have recommended http://www.mbesheffield.co.uk.
Also view: - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10290

Make sure you sepak to DHL/FedEx/UPS etc. beforehand as to whether they will collect your package in UK for return shipment to India without:-
a) somebody signing an airway bill (AWB), and
b) a UK airway bill.

From the feedback available on the forum, it seems these biggies have an issue. So make sure you clear up matters beforehand rather than assuming anything.

regards

regards

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:35 pm

I also used the services of Mail Boxes Etc. (MBE), Sheffield, and very happy at my decision of using their services.

I had emailed MBE even before I submitted by HSMP application enquiring if they can provide collection and courier service, given the conditions that HO won't sign any AWB. It was only after I received confirmation from MBE in affirmative, that I submitted my HSMP application to HO.

After receiving the reference number from HO, I faxed them my request that I would like to receive my documents through courier and that I had arranged for the same. Two days letter I called HO to check if they had received my fax and whether the request was noted on the system.

When the decision on my application was made, I got an email from my caseworker that a decision had been made and that I should co-ordinate with the courier service to pickup the documents. I called up MBE to ask what time suited them, called up HO and spoke to caseworker if the suggested time suited him ..... and bingo, my documents were on their way back home within 3 hours of being collected from HO. Please note that MBE needs international credit card details to bill you for the services. They charged me GBP 15 for collection and GBP 55 for UPS courier.

The person at MBE, Sheffield, is extremely helpful. The MBE website is www.mbesheffield.co.uk
(MBE is an independent subsidiary of UPS itself and has establishements worldwide).

regards

sabre0
Newly Registered

Post by sabre0 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:36 pm

Faraz,

How long did it take you receive the documents from the time they were shipped by HSMP? And where are you located?

Thanks.

raharsha
Newly Registered

sending multiple applications in one courier

Post by raharsha » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:28 am

Hi,

We are two of us applying for HSMP from the same place on the same day. Can we send the two applications together in one courier after making sure that we package them separately inside one single outer package?

Thanks,
Harsha

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:10 am

Hi Anyone recently used the service of MBE?
Pls. share the recent experience if any.

NNJ10

DJSA
Newly Registered

Post by DJSA » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:29 am

nnj10 wrote:Hi Anyone recently used the service of MBE?

NNJ10
I emailed and they responded promptly.

raman999

Post by raman999 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:06 pm

Hi,
I have applied for HSMP within the UK and expecting to assign case worker. I have not send any prepaid envelope or royal mail envelpoe to them. Then what is the best way to receive the document from the HSMP team.

Shall i get any email once decision finalised from the case worker.

Thanks,
Raman999

DJSA
Newly Registered

Post by DJSA » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:45 pm

NNJ10
I used them last week. Nice folks, but tell them you want Fedex, not UPS... UPS sucks in tracking... (or shall I say the lack of it...)

jerozza
Newly Registered

Post by jerozza » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:07 pm

I use them and so my brother - they have been really good and sent by UPS and the tracking information really good too.

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:39 am

MBE Sheffield worked great for me. The guy, Frank, is quite helpful, even went out of his way to sms me when he had collected the documents (I had asked him to.) They charge 20 pounds as pickup fees, plus the courier cost, UPS or FedEx. UPS worked just fine w/me.
DJSA wrote:

NNJ10
I used them last week. Nice folks, but tell them you want Fedex, not UPS... UPS sucks in tracking... (or shall I say the lack of it...)

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:13 am

In country applicant can you please share you experience on collection of the documents. I plan to send the document using Royal Mail Recorded Delivery and this is what HSMP FAQ says about returning the document.

5. Will my documents be returned after consideration?

Decision letters and original documents can only be returned to the applicant's current address, declared on the front of the application form, or the address stated on the representative's declaration page, if supplied.

The HSMP case-working Team will return your documents once the application process is complete. If you need your documents back before this time, you will need to contact the HSMP Team on telephone number 0114 207 6020

For applications made within the UK, all documents will be dispatched using Recorded Delivery. For applications made from outside of the UK, documents will be sent by airmail

So do I have to be personally present to sign or anyone can sign on my behalf?
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

januaryapplicant
Newly Registered

Post by januaryapplicant » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:52 am

My HSMP decision for approval letter will be made in a week.
I’ve looked at some cases with long delays with UK-Royal mail.

Can I arrange for a courier (DHL or Fed-Ex) for Pickup by cash and not by Credit card?
Please suggest the options.
Thanks.

sohana
Newly Registered

Document collection by courier

Post by sohana » Sat May 19, 2007 8:10 am

Dear All,

Today (19 May 2007) the HSMP office informed by email that I can arrange the courier to collect my documents.

However from which address the courier company should collect the document?

There are multiple addresses mentioned in the guidelines for multiple purposes.

Can anybody advise, specially those who have already collected docs by courier?

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:25 am

You can ask the hsmp team to send you an email when your decision has been made. Then ask them the contact number, contact person, home office building where your documents will be held. Your case worker will answer these questions. Also check for a suitable time.

Then you can inform your courier company of the same. Make payment.

I used the services of mailboxes etc in sheffield. They are very prompt in response and received my documents in India in 2 days.

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:25 am

You can ask the hsmp team to send you an email when your decision has been made. Then ask them the contact number, contact person, home office building where your documents will be held. Your case worker will answer these questions. Also check for a suitable time.

I used the services of mailboxes etc in sheffield. They are very prompt in response and received my documents in India in 2 days.

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:27 am

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:57 pm

rajeeev is spot on

mail boexes sheffiled rocks...i used the same
adnan

malar1973
Newly Registered

Post by malar1973 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:54 am

Hi All,
Do I need to send a self-addressed envelope to collect back my documents? How much, approx., the MBE charges to collect from HO and send to India by UPS or DHL?

Thanks in advance!

marifhossain
Newly Registered

NARIC Database

Post by marifhossain » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi,

Can I look at the NARIC Database as a website? Any such link exists?