ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Disability Living Allowance?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uzee

Disability Living Allowance?

Post by uzee » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:09 pm

My sister (born and bred in the UK) currently is full-time employed and also receives Disability Living Allowance.

She is planning on getting married some time next year.

Regarding the visa application of her husband (from Pakistan), will her receiving this allowance sway/influence the decision in any way by the British High Commission in Pakistan?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:20 pm

What do you mean will it sway or influence the decision? What they will be concerned with is whether there is adequate accommodation and maintenance available
Last edited by Greenie on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uzee

Post by uzee » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:37 pm

I mean would it been seen as a burden?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:40 pm

No but the maintenance requirement needs to be met.

DavLissy
Newly Registered

Post by DavLissy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Greenie wrote:No but the maintenance requirement needs to be met.
I understand anyone who is disabled can only use DLA in calculations of providing adequate maintenance of their spouse, does anyone know approx the amount of money that is acceptable? and can savings be taken into consideration? Any replys appreciated.

uzee

Post by uzee » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:16 pm

DavLissy wrote:
I understand anyone who is disabled can only use DLA in calculations of providing adequate maintenance of their spouse, does anyone know approx the amount of money that is acceptable? and can savings be taken into consideration? Any replys appreciated.
Thats is a good question and i hope someone responds.

Thanks DavLissy

REMAA

dla exemption of financial requirement

Post by REMAA » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 am

uzee wrote:
DavLissy wrote:

Thanks DavLissy
update:

IMMIGRATION DIRECTORATE INSTRUCTIONS 1.7a. It's an annex to set out the full definition of "adequate maintenance" (which they don't describe fully in the main body of FM 1.7) and this annex is dated February 2013.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

mn13
Newly Registered

Post by mn13 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:22 pm

How is she full time employed? I think but quote could be wrong you can only work 16 hours will claiming DLA......

DavLissy
Newly Registered

Re: dla exemption of financial requirement

Post by DavLissy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 pm

REMAA wrote:
uzee wrote:
DavLissy wrote:

Thanks DavLissy
update:

IMMIGRATION DIRECTORATE INSTRUCTIONS 1.7a. It's an annex to set out the full definition of "adequate maintenance" (which they don't describe fully in the main body of FM 1.7) and this annex is dated February 2013.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Thanks for that update, i read it that all benefits can be including in working out an adequate amount ( 5. Assessing the adequacy of the funds available), which is good news for me and my fiance.

AngieD

Post by AngieD » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:38 pm

mn13 wrote:How is she full time employed? I think but quote could be wrong you can only work 16 hours will claiming DLA......
Those in receipt of DLA can work as many hours as they like - there are no restrictions on hours - DLA is not means tested either

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:28 pm

AngieD wrote:
mn13 wrote:How is she full time employed? I think but quote could be wrong you can only work 16 hours will claiming DLA......
Those in receipt of DLA can work as many hours as they like - there are no restrictions on hours - DLA is not means tested either
However, you must inform the DWP you are working and that may trigger a change of circumstance and your benefit may be stopped or reduced.