ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise regarding travelling without GNIB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

biggerjosh

Advise regarding travelling without GNIB

Post by biggerjosh » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:54 am

hi
Needed some advise regarding travelling.I received my approval last week with regard to my citizenship subsequently I submitted all the docs along with the GNIB card. Now there is some family emergency so I need to travel next month.So my query is whether I can travel without the GNIB card ,would there be any hassle while coming back to Ireland as every time I came back they have asked for my GNIB card.I would really appreciate your valuable advise don't know whether anybody has gone through the same situation.
Thanks in advance :roll:

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:12 am

Yes you can.

1. Have your re-entry visa with you
2. Have a copy of your GNIB card with you
3. Have the letter of intention to grant citizenship from INIS
4. Explain to the immigration officer the reason why you dont have your GNIB card
5. Provide them with these documents

You will have no problem at all if you follow these steps.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

malikscompany

Re: Advise regarding travelling without GNIB

Post by malikscompany » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 pm

biggerjosh wrote:hi
Needed some advise regarding travelling.I received my approval last week with regard to my citizenship subsequently I submitted all the docs along with the GNIB card. Now there is some family emergency so I need to travel next month.So my query is whether I can travel without the GNIB card ,would there be any hassle while coming back to Ireland as every time I came back they have asked for my GNIB card.I would really appreciate your valuable advise don't know whether anybody has gone through the same situation.
Thanks in advance :roll:
it depends from where are you coming back , when you arrive in Ireland you should not have any problem but you will be asked at the point you are traveling from

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:12 am

malikscompany wrote:it depends from where are you coming back , when you arrive in Ireland you should not have any problem but you will be asked at the point you are traveling from
This is actually a wrong information. Non-EU nationals that are residence in Ireland is being asked for a GNIB card whenever they arrival in Ireland regardless where they're from
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
malikscompany wrote:it depends from where are you coming back , when you arrive in Ireland you should not have any problem but you will be asked at the point you are traveling from
This is actually a wrong information. Non-EU nationals that are residence in Ireland is being asked for a GNIB card whenever they arrival in Ireland regardless where they're from
IntegratedMigrant I think you misread what Malikscompany posted. If you are travelling from India or Pakistan or even Turkey if you are resident here you need to have a GNIB card if you don't have a GNIB card it can cause problem there. If you have a Re Entry sticker in your passport then there shouldn't be any problem but if you are holding 4Eufam when there is no Re Entry then there is no other way to board the flight.

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:36 pm

I personally never had an issue when re-entering the state. For some reason i always kept my Gnib card at home and i had the stamp in my passport.

I was asked for the card once, but i told them that i have it at home, the officer was happy with the stamp in my passport and there was no further questions asked.

So, in a genuine case, once you have the stamp in the passport, i dont think you will have an issued, but then again every case could be different.

Regards,