ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new passport/old passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ifekay
Newly Registered

new passport/old passport

Post by ifekay » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:36 pm

My partner is about to apply for naturalisation based on spouse of BC. We obtain the ILR without enclosing a newer passport that has her marital surname on the advise of home office staff. The ILR was hence issued on the passport with her maiden name which expired Feb last year. Now we need to prove 12mths residency requirements. Should we enclose the newer passport with her maiden name which was not disclosed for ILR or should we look for other documents . my partner is a homemaker hence no payslips or p60. The newer passport is still virgin and I have a marriage certificate to attach.

Thanks in advance for your ever useful advise

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: new passport/old passport

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm

ifekay wrote:My partner is about to apply for naturalisation based on spouse of BC. We obtain the ILR without enclosing a newer passport that has her marital surname on the advise of home office staff. The ILR was hence issued on the passport with her maiden name which expired Feb last year. Now we need to prove 12mths residency requirements. Should we enclose the newer passport with her maiden name which was not disclosed for ILR or should we look for other documents . my partner is a homemaker hence no payslips or p60. The newer passport is still virgin and I have a marriage certificate to attach.

Thanks in advance for your ever useful advise
You mean the newer passport with her marital name? You can submit the passports, you would be better going to the NCS and getting your documents back and the application checked. Did your partner not have to submit the old passport when getting the new one?

ifekay
Newly Registered

new/old passport

Post by ifekay » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:25 am

thanks for your response. yes i mean the new one with the marital name. the old style passport was being replaced by biometric ones and because it contains the resident permit at the time, it was not compulsory to return it. It means she had two current passport at a time.