ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:25 pm

filish11 wrote:hi, I've been living in Ireland for 5 years and I don't have any traffic offense or ever been into any case with Gardai so I was wondering why does it take that long.
If you case is straight forward as you said, you should be expecting a decision on your application before 4 months time from now.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

filish11

Post by filish11 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:10 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
filish11 wrote:hi, I've been living in Ireland for 5 years and I don't have any traffic offense or ever been into any case with Gardai so I was wondering why does it take that long.
If you case is straight forward as you said, you should be expecting a decision on your application before 4 months time from now.
Thanks a mil. Please God, I will get my citizenship this year. I will contact them again next month to ask the status of my application. To be honest, I only rang them this morning for an update of my application since I applied last year :)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:36 pm

filish11 wrote:Thanks a mil. Please God, I will get my citizenship this year. I will contact them again next month to ask the status of my application. To be honest, I only rang them this morning for an update of my application since I applied last year :)
Emailing them once every month is advisable. It'll keep you sane and also keep you updated too. Best of luck

Afrocommonwealth

Payment fee letter received

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:33 pm

I applied for naturalization last month just today received a letter asking me to forward payment and other documents for the naturalzation to be granted. And l was told how my names will appear on the certificate. Just wondering if that is the final process bcos l just applied last month feb 2013

laulipau
Newly Registered

Congratutalions!!!!!!

Post by laulipau » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 pm

You were just approved! It's the fastest approval as far as I know.
Send everything they asked you and just wait for the cerimony invitation letter.
Word Record!!!

Afrocommonwealth

Re: Congratutalions!!!!!!

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:45 pm

laulipau wrote:You were just approved! It's the fastest approval as far as I know.
Send everything they asked you and just wait for the cerimony invitation letter.
Word Record!!!

Thanks for that. I still can not believe that. Just under two months. Once submitted all documents.what next pls?

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
laulipau wrote:You were just approved! It's the fastest approval as far as I know.
Word Record!!!

Thanks for that. I still can not believe that. Just under two months. Once submitted all documents.what next pls?

Hey congrats was really quick cant believe it:-O any way can u tell us on what basis u applied for ?

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Virgo wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Word Record!!!

Hey congrats was really quick cant believe it:-O any way can u tell us on what basis u applied for ?
Applied in feb 2013 on the basis of marriage to Irish citizen

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Virgo wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Word Record!!!

Hey congrats was really quick cant believe it:-O any way can u tell us on what basis u applied for ?[/quot

Good luck with it :) we are still waiting for last 9 months but still no reaponse :( i am just amazed that how did they check ur backgrounds and all. But still happy atleast u disnot wait so long :)

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Virgo wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Virgo wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:

Hey congrats was really quick cant believe it:-O any way can u tell us on what basis u applied for ?[/quot

Good luck with it :) we are still waiting for last 9 months but still no reaponse :( i am just amazed that how did they check ur backgrounds and all. But still happy atleast u disnot wait so long :)

I was asked to provide criminal check from PSNI bcos l live in Northern Ireland

laulipau
Newly Registered

You Have to wait for ceremony letter.

Post by laulipau » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:16 pm

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
laulipau wrote:
You were just approved! It's the fastest approval as far as I know.
Word Record!!!

Just wait for ceremony letter. They'll send a letter stating the date to go to receive citizenship in the convention center.

Be cool and take it easy now!

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Payment fee letter received

Post by Babz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 am

Afrocommonwealth wrote:I applied for naturalization last month just today received a letter asking me to forward payment and other documents for the naturalzation to be granted. And l was told how my names will appear on the certificate. Just wondering if that is the final process bcos l just applied last month feb 2013
Hi, that sounds good.Did you pay the mandatory 175 euros when you applied?

Afrocommonwealth

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 am

Babz wrote:
Afrocommonwealth wrote:I applied for naturalization last month just today received a letter asking me to forward payment and other documents for the naturalzation to be granted. And l was told how my names will appear on the certificate. Just wondering if that is the final process bcos l just applied last month feb 2013

Yes. I did pay the €175 application fee last month on the 4th on feb., 2013 when l applied.
Thanks everybody for support

Afrocommonwealth

Approval without documents submitted

Post by Afrocommonwealth » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:08 am

Could someone advice if it is normal not to return the documents submitted with approval letter. Because l only received approval letter without the submitted documents.
Pls., advice
Many thanks

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:15 am

Afrocommonwealth wrote:
Babz wrote:

Yes. I did pay the €175 application fee last month on the 4th on feb., 2013 when l applied.
Thanks everybody for support
Whao..congrats mate.Yours is one in a million..All the best

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Approval without documents submitted

Post by Babz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:17 am

Afrocommonwealth wrote:Could someone advice if it is normal not to return the documents submitted with approval letter. Because l only received approval letter without the submitted documents.
Pls., advice
Many thanks
According to my wife,you only receive an approval letter asking you to pay and return your GNIB card.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Approval without documents submitted

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 am

Afrocommonwealth wrote:Could someone advice if it is normal not to return the documents submitted with approval letter. Because l only received approval letter without the submitted documents.
Pls., advice
Many thanks
Did you send any original documents? Its not normally to send original documents and INIS will keep those documents you've sent as proof.
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:18 am

Again this shows how lazy the Gardai are!. They are really lazy and incompetent here in Ireland! It takes then months to send INIS their checks (Background, Criminal, Offenses etc), but it took PSNI a relatively small amount of time to do that and thats why you were approved just as in the UK!

If it took PSNI long time to get back to you, ofcourse you wouldn't have received it in years!

UK's average decision takes only 2 months!

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:11 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
Again this shows how lazy the Gardai are!. They are really lazy and incompetent here in Ireland! It takes then months to send INIS their checks (Background, Criminal, Offenses etc), but it took PSNI a relatively small amount of time to do that and thats why you were approved just as in the UK!

If it took PSNI long time to get back to you, ofcourse you wouldn't have received it in years!

SO INIS were honest when they say they are just waiting for Garda report ?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 pm

moro1 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:

Yes they were

assbc

Post by assbc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:06 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
moro1 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:

Yes they were
I think it all depend on when INIS send your application for Vetting. When they say your application have enter second stage does not mean they have sent it to Garda Vetting, can someone prove me wrong here?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:40 pm

assbc wrote:I think it all depend on when INIS send your application for Vetting. When they say your application have enter second stage does not mean they have sent it to Garda Vetting, can someone prove me wrong here?
Very wrong. Even simply Garda vetting for employers that only requires criminal check takes up to 12 weeks or more which is appalling.

INIS requires activities, background, criminal checks, and those information are extracted from the pulse system data file.
e'g that you called somebody a b**ch in 1984 and was reported to the Gardai, this will be noted and presented to INIS after checks are over. Thats hows serious INIS vetting Checks are. This is why Gardai claim it takes them a long time to process.

I should remind you that it could take a few hours to process Garda Vetting for employers and about a day to process INIS vetting. Every information is on their computer!

The Guards are simply very lazy. Thats why the minister wants most of them out in the streets and shutting down the stations. He made it clear that it was not about cuts!

Oh, I should also remind you that it takes UK an average of 2 months to grant citizenship. All of these checks as above are used to process citizenship there. Why is it taking them just under 2 months to process? Why has a User on this forum gotten his citizenship for just under 2 months?

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:12 pm

What I think of integrated Migrant after reading most of his posts is that he tries and answers all the queries the best way he can,many of us just come to the forum read it and don't even bother to answer. Really very good job.Hats off to you man.

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Its true that garda takes around 10 to 12 weeks for vetting ,if resourcees is the problem then they should charge a nominal fee and do it fast as many potential employers need garda vetting done before they apply.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:41 pm

biggerjosh wrote:What I think of integrated Migrant after reading most of his posts is that he tries and answers all the queries the best way he can,many of us just come to the forum read it and don't even bother to answer. Really very good job.Hats off to you man.
Haha Thanks, much appreciated :!: