ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Annual Leaves Letter Format 6 Apr 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pegakrishna

Employer Annual Leaves Letter Format 6 Apr 2013

Post by pegakrishna » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Hello everyone,

please advise / confirm the below format of the letter that I have received from ex-employer as a doc evidence for covering annual leaves printed in company letter head + signed by HR.

----------------------------------------------------

<Current Date>

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: <NAME> – Employee ID ###

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to confirm that <NAME> was an employee of <Company Name> from <Start Period> to <End Period> had the following annual leave entitlement:

Number of Working Days Annual Leave Entitlement: 20

He was absent from the United Kingdom, in India for the following periods

Dates of Annual Leave: <Start Date> – <End Date>

I can also confirm that the absences were within the annual entitlement during the period of employment at <Company Name>. Additionally the absences were all paid by <Company Name>.

I trust this information to be satisfactory. Should you have any queries on this please contact me on <phone no>.

Yours Sincerely,

<<HR Name>>

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Employer Annual Leaves Letter Format 6 Apr 2013

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 pm

pegakrishna wrote:Hello everyone,

please advise / confirm the below format of the letter that I have received from ex-employer as a doc evidence for covering annual leaves printed in company letter head + signed by HR.

----------------------------------------------------

<Current Date>

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: <NAME> – Employee ID ###

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to confirm that <NAME> was an employee of <Company Name> from <Start Period> to <End Period> had the following annual leave entitlement:

Number of Working Days Annual Leave Entitlement: 20

He was absent from the United Kingdom, in India for the following periods

Dates of Annual Leave: <Start Date> – <End Date>

I can also confirm that the absences were within the annual entitlement during the period of employment at <Company Name>. Additionally the absences were all paid by <Company Name>.

I trust this information to be satisfactory. Should you have any queries on this please contact me on <phone no>.

Yours Sincerely,

<<HR Name>>
letter format is fine. It would have been good if it would have been addressed to UKBA. At least you have got a letter from your Ex-Employer,where some people have been unable to do so,due to various reasons.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Sorry I missed an important point,where it should have been mentioned that you have been paid in the UK,during your Annual leave.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Sorry I missed an important point,where it should have been mentioned that you have been paid in the UK,during your Annual leave.
Refer below wording...I hope this is OK. Do I need to ask them to explicitly mention ?

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 pm

All,
I disagree with the format of this letter especially the part that states where you went to (india). Why would your employers be concerned with what you do with your annual leave or where you go to if the absence isn't business related? Or has it now gotten to the point where employers now have to monitor our every movement like the government? Please re-think that section.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:59 pm

fomsand1 wrote:All,
I disagree with the format of this letter especially the part that states where you went to (india). Why would your employers be concerned with what you do with your annual leave or where you go to if the absence isn't business related? Or has it now gotten to the point where employers now have to monitor our every movement like the government? Please re-think that section.
That's true. You need not mention the India part in the letter.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm

pegakrishna wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Sorry I missed an important point,where it should have been mentioned that you have been paid in the UK,during your Annual leave.
Refer below wording...I hope this is OK. Do I need to ask them to explicitly mention ?

That's O.K you need not ask them again.Any way, You are based permanently in UK for your work .

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:44 am

fomsand1 wrote:All,
In my case, I was on Work Permit and combining Entry / Exit Stamps on Passport + Employer letter as above for confirming the travel dates is more than suffice as a doc evidence to UKBA

Yes, my ex-employer HR had an option to verify my annual leaves. so they were happy to provide with that wording.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ilr_appln

Post by ilr_appln » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:05 am

I think the employer can only confirm the annual leaves we have taken during the employment. How can they confirm that we went abroad unless it was part of a business trip. For the absences from uk we can show entry/exit stamps, boarding passes, itineraries, etc.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:18 am

When it comes to annual leave what is required is for your employer(s) to confirm that you were on paid annual leave during the specific periods you mention. You provide them a list of periods where you were on annual leave and abroad, and ask them to confirm that you were on annual during those time periods - this is something they can do. They are not required to confirm that you were abroad during those periods, just that you were on paid annual leave.

When it comes to business trips, these would all be for your employer, so they can clearly confirm that you were overseas during the periods in question.

Independent to the above employer letter(s), you would list all your absences on the SET(O) form (or spreadsheet) as stated in the guidance.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:10 am

When it comes to annual leave what is required is for your employer(s) to confirm that you were on paid annual leave during the specific periods you mention. You provide them a list of periods where you were on annual leave and abroad, and ask them to confirm that you were on annual during those time periods - this is something they can do. They are not required to confirm that you were abroad during those periods, just that you were on paid annual leave.

When it comes to business trips, these would all be for your employer, so they can clearly confirm that you were overseas during the periods in question.

Independent to the above employer letter(s), you would list all your absences on the SET(O) form (or spreadsheet) as stated in the guidance.
Exactly my point! you see, this new requirements by UKBA for all TEIR1 G applicants to start providing evidence of all paid leave during the 5 year period of their visa category (either business or annual leave) was caused by every single Teir1G applicant when they started providing holiday absence sheet- when this wasnt a requirement at time except for WP holders. So UKBA, who will naturally look for every means not grant visas, decided to change the rules and make everyone start providing this, knowing fully well that some applicants will find it really tough getting this information from a previous employer that would have stoped trading or doing business or even applicants who have been temping/ contracting for a very long time or applicants who have moved around the UK during their 5 year stay.

So my point ladies and gentlemen is that why start something that UKBA will now pick up on and make every future applicant start doing, thereby making life difficult for them? They havent asked for your employers to state or confirm where you are at any given time outside the UK on paid annual leave, except its business related. So if you're on Tier1G and your absence isnt business related, why ask your employer to verify that you where in India, or China or US etc on holiday when its not a trip outside the UK your employer has requested you to undertake for business activities?

The information required is clear and simple, get your employers to verify the days you been absent from employement either on paid leave or business travell. If ist on paid annual leave, whether you're in the UK enjoying the coastlines of the Isle of Wight, the highlands of Scotland or abroad enjoying the sunshines of Florida, Dubai or South Africa. Its not your employers business![/quote]

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am

fomsand1 wrote:Exactly my point! you see, this new requirements by UKBA for all TEIR1 G applicants to start providing evidence of all paid leave during the 5 year period of their visa category (either business or annual leave) was caused by every single Teir1G applicant when they started providing holiday absence sheet- when this wasnt a requirement at time except for WP holders. So UKBA, who will naturally look for every means not grant visas, decided to change the rules and make everyone start providing this, knowing fully well that some applicants will find it really tough getting this information from a previous employer that would have stoped trading or doing business or even applicants who have been temping/ contracting for a very long time or applicants who have moved around the UK during their 5 year stay.

So my point ladies and gentlemen is that why start something that UKBA will now pick up on and make every future applicant start doing, thereby making life difficult for them? They havent asked for your employers to state or confirm where you are at any given time outside the UK on paid annual leave, except its business related. So if you're on Tier1G and your absence isnt business related, why ask your employer to verify that you where in India, or China or US etc on holiday when its not a trip outside the UK your employer has requested you to undertake for business activities?

The information required is clear and simple, get your employers to verify the days you been absent from employement either on paid leave or business travell. If ist on paid annual leave, whether you're in the UK enjoying the coastlines of the Isle of Wight, the highlands of Scotland or abroad enjoying the sunshines of Florida, Dubai or South Africa. Its not your employers business!
I don't think we saying the same thing here, while I do appreciate it will and is difficult for those who changed employment to get past employer letters to confirm absences. The requirement for you to list your absences on the SET(O) form has always been there for all immigration categories. The requirement now is for your employer to confirm that you were in paid employment when you were absent - I don't necessarily agree/believe that this has come about as the result of former applicants providing unnecessary letters of absences with where they went.

Your employer doesn't need to confirm which country you went to, just that you were in paid employment (annual leave) during the periods you state that you were outside of the UK. While your employer can confirm that you had a certain number of day annual leave entitlement, and that you were absent from work for X number of days, that's not strictly what the UKBA are after. They need confirmation that you were in paid employment while you were absent (when you say you were outside the UK). So as stated in my previous response, if you list all your absence periods (while you can list where you went, this is not required - no one is interested in that, you can just list the reason as a vacation/family visit) and ask your employer to confirm that you were in paid employment (i.e. annual leave) during those time periods, that will serve the UKBA requirement. Your employer will have all your leave records so they will easily be able to verify that you were on annual leave during those time periods.

GenX

Post by GenX » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Hello All,

I am on Tier 2 ICT. I cam to UK on Work Permit but later while extending my visa as per the rules the company applied for my COS as per new Tier2 ICT rules. My problem is that in 5 years of time I was away on annual leaves for total 45 days. My employer is not ready to give me a letter confirming my leave entitlement and that they were paid. However my salary slip and bank statement clearly shows complete month salary. In my salary slip it is written that ' days paid - 30'

My question is if the bank statement and salary slip be enough to prove that I was paid or do I definitely need employers letter. Will my application be rejected if I don't give employers letter.

Please advise me.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:53 pm

GenX wrote:I am on Tier 2 ICT. I cam to UK on Work Permit but later while extending my visa as per the rules the company applied for my COS as per new Tier2 ICT rules. My problem is that in 5 years of time I was away on annual leaves for total 45 days. My employer is not ready to give me a letter confirming my leave entitlement and that they were paid.
According to the current immigration rules you are required to provide an employer letter confirming your annual leave related absences from the UK. Is there any particular reason why your employer is unwilling to provide this letter? I presume they are willing to provide the other letter to confirm your job title, SOC, rate of pay which is mandatory for T2 applicants?

GenX

Post by GenX » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks cs95tdg for looking into my issue.

I have no idea why my employer has problems in people applying for ILR and that is the reason I am not getting any support from them. SOC code letter is another issue I need to sort but I thought I should resolve one issue at a time.

amit99
Newly Registered

Salary slip in place of employer letter

Post by amit99 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi,
I am Tier 1 applicant and was working from india for 2 months and i do not have employer letter for the same. However, i manged to get attested india slary slips for that period. Would that be considered as absence proof ?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:10 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
fomsand1 wrote:Exactly my point! you see, this new requirements by UKBA for all TEIR1 G applicants to start providing evidence of all paid leave during the 5 year period of their visa category (either business or annual leave) was caused by every single Teir1G applicant when they started providing holiday absence sheet- when this wasnt a requirement at time except for WP holders. So UKBA, who will naturally look for every means not grant visas, decided to change the rules and make everyone start providing this, knowing fully well that some applicants will find it really tough getting this information from a previous employer that would have stoped trading or doing business or even applicants who have been temping/ contracting for a very long time or applicants who have moved around the UK during their 5 year stay.

The information required is clear and simple, get your employers to verify the days you been absent from employement either on paid leave or business travell. If ist on paid annual leave, whether you're in the UK enjoying the coastlines of the Isle of Wight, the highlands of Scotland or abroad enjoying the sunshines of Florida, Dubai or South Africa. Its not your employers business!
I don't think we saying the same thing here, while I do appreciate it will and is difficult for those who changed employment to get past employer letters to confirm absences. The requirement for you to list your absences on the SET(O) form has always been there for all immigration categories. The requirement now is for your employer to confirm that you were in paid employment when you were absent - I don't necessarily agree/believe that this has come about as the result of former applicants providing unnecessary letters of absences with where they went.

Your employer doesn't need to confirm which country you went to, just that you were in paid employment (annual leave) during the periods you state that you were outside of the UK. While your employer can confirm that you had a certain number of day annual leave entitlement, and that you were absent from work for X number of days, that's not strictly what the UKBA are after. They need confirmation that you were in paid employment while you were absent (when you say you were outside the UK). So as stated in my previous response, if you list all your absence periods (while you can list where you went, this is not required - no one is interested in that, you can just list the reason as a vacation/family visit) and ask your employer to confirm that you were in paid employment (i.e. annual leave) during those time periods, that will serve the UKBA requirement. Your employer will have all your leave records so they will easily be able to verify that you were on annual leave during those time periods.
Agreed absolutely. I really envy you cs95tdg. The way you explain every thing so clearly and in detail. Keep it going Mate, for a fore-see able future.

majic

Post by majic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi All,

I am a bit confused so please be kind eough to help me. I am on Tier1(General)- Highl Skilled Migrant visa and am applying for ILR on 30th April 2013.

I have 3 absences from UK totalling to 7 weeks (1 Week + 3 Weeks + 3 Weeks) of absence in the 5 years period.

1 Week - This was very early on and I wasnt employed then
3 Week - Annual Leave visiting family

Now from what I understand the rules say is that and I quote -

"For the Tier 1 Investor, Tier 1 Entrepreneur, Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and Highly Skilled Migrant (applying under Appendix S of the rules) categories there is no requirement to give a reason for absences if they do not exceed 180 days in any of the five, four, three or two consecutive 12 month periods of the continuous period, counted backwards from the date of application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)."

I do not plan to submit any evidence of my absence from UK as its 42 over 5 years which is less then 180 Days.

Am I wrong and should I be submitting letter from my employer?

The above extract is from the document from the link below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Please advice.

Regards

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:38 pm

What will happen to the people whose employer has stopped/closed/sold business? Where & how can they get this letter?

My previous employer has sold the business.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Sahib wrote:What will happen to the people whose employer has stopped/closed/sold business? Where & how can they get this letter?

Yes ,You can't get a letter in that case. Only documents you have are P45, P60s, Bank Statements and Pay Slips, are the only proof that you have worked for that Employer. In addition,You might have to write a Personnel Note or Explain to the CW if it is PEO appointment for your ILR. As long as your Annual Leave is not excessive.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Sahib wrote:What will happen to the people whose employer has stopped/closed/sold business? Where & how can they get this letter?

Also, if you have the Contract that could be checked with your own record whether you were with in your entitlement.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:45 pm

majic wrote:Hi All,

I am a bit confused so please be kind eough to help me. I am on Tier1(General)- Highl Skilled Migrant visa and am applying for ILR on 30th April 2013.

I have 3 absences from UK totalling to 7 weeks (1 Week + 3 Weeks + 3 Weeks) of absence in the 5 years period.

1 Week - This was very early on and I wasnt employed then

Now from what I understand the rules say is that and I quote -

"For the Tier 1 Investor, Tier 1 Entrepreneur, Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and Highly Skilled Migrant (applying under Appendix S of the rules) categories there is no requirement to give a reason for absences if they do not exceed 180 days in any of the five, four, three or two consecutive 12 month periods of the continuous period, counted backwards from the date of application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)."

I do not plan to submit any evidence of my absence from UK as its 42 over 5 years which is less then 180 Days.

Please advice.

Regards
If you were asked for evidence what are you going to give as proof?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:19 pm

majic wrote:I do not plan to submit any evidence of my absence from UK as its 42 over 5 years which is less then 180 Days.

Yes, you will need to submit a letter if you are applying on or after April 6 this year. The reference you quote still refers to the current requirements. You should read the statement of changes that was published earlier this month, to understand the immigration rule changes that would apply to you. The updated immigration rules should be published on or after April 6th to get a complete understanding. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The following topic contains a discussion around the proposed changes: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#805469

majic

Post by majic » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:58 pm

cs95tdg & Kevin24,

Special thanks for clarifying this matter. My PEO appointment is on 30th April 2013 so I have enough time to get a letter covering my 3 Week + 3 Week Absence. I have been with the same employer all this time.

If I may take the liberty to ask another question.

I got:

1. (Entry Clearence) stamped on 26th May 2008 - (2 Year Visa)
2. Arrived in the UK on 29th June 2008 (After 34 Days of EC)
3. Went back home for a week (7 Days to sortout some matters) on 6th July 2008 and return on 13th July 2008
4. Started my first (where I work still) on 26th Aug 2008
5. Went home for 3 weeks in Sep 2009 (Annual Leave)
6. Got Extention - 3 years in May 2010
7. Went home for 3 weeks in Dec 2010 (Annual Leave)

Now since 26th Aug 2008 tilll date I am with the same employer so point 5 and 7 is not a problem. I will get a letter from HR.

Two Questions:

1. What about the 1 week's absence when I was very new and still looking for work.....How would you suggest I substantiate that?

2. In total 7 weeks on absence in 5 years (since 29th June 2008). How do you feel about that?

Thanks.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:09 am

majic wrote:cs95tdg & Kevin24,

Special thanks for clarifying this matter. My PEO appointment is on 30th April 2013 so I have enough time to get a letter covering my 3 Week + 3 Week Absence. I have been with the same employer all this time.

If I may take the liberty to ask another question.

I got:

1. (Entry Clearence) stamped on 26th May 2008 - (2 Year Visa)
2. Arrived in the UK on 29th June 2008 (After 34 Days of EC)
3. Went back home for a week (7 Days to sortout some matters) on 6th July 2008 and return on 13th July 2008
4. Started my first (where I work still) on 26th Aug 2008
5. Went home for 3 weeks in Sep 2009 (Annual Leave)
6. Got Extention - 3 years in May 2010
7. Went home for 3 weeks in Dec 2010 (Annual Leave)

Now since 26th Aug 2008 tilll date I am with the same employer so point 5 and 7 is not a problem. I will get a letter from HR.

Two Questions:

1. What about the 1 week's absence when I was very new and still looking for work.....How would you suggest I substantiate that?

2. In total 7 weeks on absence in 5 years (since 29th June 2008). How do you feel about that?

Thanks.

1. For the period you were unemployed, you just have to write a personal statement explaining your reason for absence from the UK
2. 7 weeks should be fine
Goodluck.