ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is anyone who gets a P11 form from you an employee?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JohnOhn

Is anyone who gets a P11 form from you an employee?

Post by JohnOhn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:26 am

Hello,

I'm asking this question in regards to the requirements for the Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension.

In the three years previous you must have hired the equivalent of 2 full-time workers. I know contractors do not count.

My question is, is anyone who works for me that I have issued a P11 for and have wage slips for considered an "employee" under UKBA requirements? I am assuming so, but I would like confirmation. (And am I correct in assuming that contractors aren't issued P11's anyway?)

Also, can I hire an employee (and provide proof of this via a P11 and wage slips) even if they have another job elsewhere? I do not have to hire an unemployed person, correct?

For example, if I am hiring four people at 15 hours a week each, I would meet UKBA's requirements. But if these part-timers are only getting 15 hours a week from me, chances are they have another job elsewhere.

Any clarity would be appreciated.

JohnOhn

Post by JohnOhn » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:36 am

And on top of this, can I hire an employee for any reason I want?

I'm not required to hire people for only "skilled" jobs, correct? I'm assuming I can use the P11's and wage slips for an assistant I hire. I'm also assuming that the UKBA doesn't ask about what the employee did? As long as it's a legal employee who I paid PAYE for and who I paid wages for and have a P11 and wage slips to back it up that will be sufficient?

cappachino
Member of Standing

Re:

Post by cappachino » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:58 am

JohnOhn wrote:And on top of this, can I hire an employee for any reason I want?

I'm not required to hire people for only "skilled" jobs, correct? I'm assuming I can use the P11's and wage slips for an assistant I hire. I'm also assuming that the UKBA doesn't ask about what the employee did? As long as it's a legal employee who I paid PAYE for and who I paid wages for and have a P11 and wage slips to back it up that will be sufficient?
Sounds fine to me
let's see what the experts have to say on this