ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Marriage interview experience

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinnie0020
India

Re: Interview in a few weeks!

Post by vinnie0020 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Noor31 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone here can answer a question for me with regards to the interview at the UKBA in Liverpool?

I have 2 kids 1 is almost 4 years old and my second child is only 4 months old. I i have been on the UKBA website but their is no mention whether we are allowed to bring our children with us?

Does anyone here know if we can take our kids with us on the day?
Yes you can take your kids with you but you need to have someone who can take care of the kids while you are being interviewed for example your husband. cheers

Noor31
Newly Registered

Post by Noor31 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:02 pm

vinnie0020 wrote:
Noor31 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone here can answer a question for me with regards to the interview at the UKBA in Liverpool?

I have 2 kids 1 is almost 4 years old and my second child is only 4 months old. I i have been on the UKBA website but their is no mention whether we are allowed to bring our children with us?

Does anyone here know if we can take our kids with us on the day?
Yes you can take your kids with you but you need to have someone who can take care of the kids while you are being interviewed for example your husband. cheers
Cheers :)

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi Guys, as promised i am back to share my experience regarding interview for EEA2 RC.
I and my wife went to liverpool for an interview last week. When i showed the letter requesting us for interview, at reception, the receptionist asked me that did i confirmed for interview by email? (aparantly i did mail them regarding my confirmation for interview along with imbursement for the travel and hotel expenses. i guess just because i asked for money to be imbursed ukba did not bother to send me acknowledgment). However, i still went upstairs where actually people were sitting for their turn for interviews.

Interview was suppose to be from 1pm and untill 1.30 pm no one asked for us. around 1.30 one case worker came to us and confirmed that they never recieved my confirmation e mail for an interview but as there are not many interviews today he can see us. So, it all started with my wife's (eu national) interview which lasts for about an hour after which, case worker was pretty much assured about our case's genuinity and spend less than an hour with me.

He started asking questions about our relationship from my wife (1st one to get interviewed) like when we met, how it all started, when she moved with me, who purposed etc etc. ( now all the questions were based upon the information provided by my wife in sequence and case worker was framing and asking questions based on information given by my wife. so there were no pre set questions). He asked roughly about 40 questions in total. To verify all the information given by my wife, case worker asked the same questions to me and cross checked the answers.

As long as you are genuine and are confident in yourself, its going to be quite easy. After my interview he copied the interview form and gave us one copy of it and clearily assured me about the success of my application for EEA2 RC. He also mentioned that i will get my documents by this week friday (i have got them today in post). I am quite happy and relieved that it took four and a half months for complete application till RC.

Bottom line, be confident, relax and go for it and it will be sorted quickly after interview. By the way i forgot to ask them face to face regarding the expenses as i was delighted from the heart when case worker confirmed for my RC in the end. All the best.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Many thanks for sharing your experience in full details. Have they really started/agreed to reimburse travel expense to applicants.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

vinnie0020
India

Post by vinnie0020 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:28 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Many thanks for sharing your experience in full details. Have they really started/agreed to reimburse travel expense to applicants.
Thank you very much sheraz7. I really dont think so because they completely ignored my e mail regarding it and now that everything is done i doubt they will do anything about imbursing the expenses. Cheers.

wolf123
Newly Registered

vinnie

Post by wolf123 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:59 am

Many Many congrats on your success...
AND Thanks you so very much for sharing your valuable experience here.
Many people would benefit from this .

It would be great if you please write here QUESTIONS which were asked to your WIFE that would be a great help for people waiting in line ....

I am sure everybody would appreciate your contribution ....

Once again Heartiest CONGRATS.....

Regards.

vinnie0020
India

Re: vinnie

Post by vinnie0020 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:23 pm

wolf123 wrote:
It would be great if you please write here QUESTIONS which were asked to your WIFE that would be a great help for people waiting in line

Regards.
Hi Buddy, questions were like:-

how and when we guys first met? how and when we started seeing each other? Did we use to go out with our friends and colleagues? what type of qualification your husband/wife have?
how often we used to go out? who purposed and when? when did we move together? when we decided to get married? who used to visit other person more and how often like me or my wife before wedding? when we started talking about wedding?
how was the purposal formal or informal? who booked and arranged for wedding? how many people were there in ceremony? why there were very few people there in ceremony? how we celebrated out wedding? anywhere we went for honeymoon ?
when are you guys going to each others countries to visit? when and why you guys were living away from each other (if any), from the begining of relationship untill now? who bought the wedding rings? who were the witnesses and their names? where my wife works and her job title? most important why you guys want to live in UK? why you want to stay here? I hope this would help. cheers.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:29 pm

I predict that interview system will surely be good for those genuine couple who for no reason trapped in unnecessary delays. But as interview questions are massive then how a couple where EEA national partner is partially literate to English can manage it.

wolf123
Newly Registered

vinnie

Post by wolf123 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Many Thanks for your contribution---I am sure many would be benefited from your contribution massively ...

Did you find any PARTICULAR QUESTION ''strange, Peculiar or Unique'' ?

I am sure when you think deeply you might remember a few...

Kind Regards. ....

vinnie0020
India

Re: vinnie

Post by vinnie0020 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:02 pm

wolf123 wrote:Many Thanks for your contribution---I am sure many would be benefited from your contribution massively ...

Did you find any PARTICULAR QUESTION ''strange, Peculiar or Unique'' ?

I am sure when you think deeply you might remember a few...

Kind Regards. ....
Well nothing peculiar as such, the case worker will frame questions at the same time while interviewing the first person so whatever information you are providing, questions will be based on them. now its up to you how much information you are giving. I believe as long as you are giving to the point answers there wont be any problem. Questions i faced were quite simple (as my wife love to talk, she made my interview way too easy as i have very less to talk about). cheers

wolf123
Newly Registered

vinnie

Post by wolf123 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:19 pm

seems you got LUCKY...

Genuineness gives confidence which is much important...

Congrats again...

Cheerio

wolf123
Newly Registered

An Important Question.

Post by wolf123 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:41 am

Hi There,

In the case of EEA-2 Application ;

The route to Indefinite starts from the issue date of RC or from the Wedding Date from your Marriage Certificate?

Kind Regards

mam2

Re: An Important Question.

Post by mam2 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:44 am

wolf123 wrote:Hi There,

In the case of EEA-2 Application ;

The route to Indefinite starts from the issue date of RC or from the Wedding Date from your Marriage Certificate?

Kind Regards
It starts from date of marriage. If you came to this country on eea family permit, then it the date of entry in UK.
Hope this helps.
papa2

wolf123
Newly Registered

mam2

Post by wolf123 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:52 pm

@ mam2

If the Husband (Student visa) is Non EU Married with AN EU National Exercising Treaty Rights in UK

In this scenario the route to Indefinite starts from the date of Marriage or the date of the Issuance of RC?

Regards

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: mam2

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:50 pm

wolf123 wrote:@ mam2

If the Husband (Student visa) is Non EU Married with AN EU National Exercising Treaty Rights in UK

In this scenario the route to Indefinite starts from the date of Marriage or the date of the Issuance of RC?

Regards
Date of marriage
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:56 am

Noor31 wrote:I have 2 kids 1 is almost 4 years old and my second child is only 4 months old. I i have been on the UKBA website but their is no mention whether we are allowed to bring our children with us?
Is the EU citizen the parent of these children? Did you provide a copy of their birth certificates with the RC application?

If so there should be no need to attend the interview.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Graham,

My responses would prob fail...

I don't know what my wife eats etc... My wife can you you what I eat because she cooks it... but myself n kids eat a "cooked dinner", my wife often cooks chinese food, soups etc...

lots of married couples are the same... I know my mom could ttell you everything about my dad etc... but my dad prob couldnt about my mom etc...

Women have better memories... its a fact.

A&A

Post by A&A » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:33 am

sara1991 wrote:Totally no reason, thy said that this is meant to be an opportunity for us to add to amend something in my application. Apparently it's random the computer has selected some cases an we got invited.
No that is no the case. Random computer does not pick your cases up.

It depends on the nature of the application. It varies from people to people. I have been studying the EEA & the patron in which UKBA reacts. I guess they have flagged some countries & specially call or home raid the Non EEA member home who have been here long enough.

Do you mind sharing the following information with us.

1. How were you called for an interview?
2. which country are you from?
3. Which country is your partner from?
4. how long have you been in this country for?
5. what was your previous VISA status?

Just to let you know we were called for an interview too. Ill share my experience.

Thank you
One God we believe in.

May he bless UKBA with thought to think before refusing any application.

A&A

Re: marriage interview

Post by A&A » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:48 am

theonlyhope1 wrote:Sara, guys, listen. about the interviews in liverpool. believe me i know for a fact that UKBA interviewing immigration officers read posts on these forums. if they see you asking about possible questions, how will this look to them? They dont have to be spy, theys can just match yo use it in username. Sara?? And is 1991 your year of born? And u give moroko as your country? How much people called Sara from morocco born 1991 will they be interviwing that month? Do u think they dont hav internet at home or in their office? Theys are clever, inteligent peoples who will make big preperations. so tell me, if they see your coments, will they think ur relationship is real? Even i think u r bad quality. if you r real why would you need to ask about what questions will b asked? And why would you share questions you were asked?

bad quality people are coming on here looking for help. this makes interviews harder for everyone because UKBA read this site. they do big research. belive me i know because my interview went badly

Look mate,

the questions here are only for the purpose of getting a know how & what to expect. It is a terrible situation to be in specially when your loved one is not around.

These people are professionals & they can tell by look at the couple if its genuine or not.

They have a list of 100,000 questions which relate to personal stuff related from day to day life. Even if you dont pay attention to the detail it will just come out of your mouth.

One other thing they see is the chemistry between both of you about your plans for future.

The most important thing they check is that who is the bread winner of the house hold. The EEA or the Non EEA.

This is called a qualifying question. if they see that the EEA national is too financially dependent on the Non EEA then they have enough reason to believe that the marriage is of convenience.

This is true a lot of wrong people are coming in though this route but trust me they will have to face a tough interview when their time comes to apply Indefinite Leave to Remain.

So please share information instead of cursing UKBA staff they are just doing their duty what they are told to do like we doing other jobs.

I personally like this method as it proves that the couple is living together.

However they must provide a hotel stay & travel cost besides also not give more than 24 hours notice for the interview or ask to report to the nearest police station so the staff there can physically check the couple's presence.

thanks
One God we believe in.

A&A

Post by A&A » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:10 am

where is sara now,

Why has she got the RC or not.

We went for the interview on 08 April 2013. the man who was polite said we will have the decision in 4 days but never had it till date. Until Last friday a decision was not made.

Its very frustrating now. By the way the interview went very well the only thing which he was not happy about was that my husband works for me. In simple the EEA works for the Non EEA family member.

Thanks
One God we believe in.

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:32 pm

theonlyhope1 wrote:Sara, guys, listen. about the interviews in liverpool. believe me i know for a fact that UKBA interviewing immigration officers read posts on these forums. if they see you asking about possible questions, how will this look to them? They dont have to be spy, theys can just match yo use it in username. Sara?? And is 1991 your year of born? And u give moroko as your country? How much people called Sara from morocco born 1991 will they be interviwing that month? Do u think they dont hav internet at home or in their office? Theys are clever, inteligent peoples who will make big preperations. so tell me, if they see your coments, will they think ur relationship is real? Even i think u r bad quality. if you r real why would you need to ask about what questions will b asked? And why would you share questions you were asked?

bad quality people are coming on here looking for help. this makes interviews harder for everyone because UKBA read this site. they do big research. belive me i know because my interview went badly
First of all well done to Sara1991 for sharing your experience which in invaluable to others on this forum.

My I come to the defends of theonlyhope1

Understandably most seems to be venting the anger and frustration on him. But I think the problem he had was wrong use of words, perhaps out of difficulty translating.

I think the message he's trying to send before being persecuted was to inform Sara1991 to be a little bit discrete with her information (which makes sense, be it here or elsewhere). This isn't to say she's done anything wrong and has got to hide. Perhaps just to protect herself as (as we all know) ukba look for every opportunity to refuse an app.

I don't know what he meant by bad quality people but I am sure he was lost in translation. And may be he went a little bit too far in showing his frustration over his interview.

I hope you all got my point. And by the way I don't know colour of toothbrush,what shower gel or shampoo or perfume my wife uses at the moment. Would knowing she just got it from France recently be an acceptable answer or would it be a conclusion that I am in a sham marriage?

I better be careful if I want a PR in a couple of years time.

A&A

Post by A&A » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:46 am

bluecole2 wrote:

First of all well done to Sara1991 for sharing your experience which in invaluable to others on this forum.

My I come to the defends of theonlyhope1

Understandably most seems to be venting the anger and frustration on him. But I think the problem he had was wrong use of words, perhaps out of difficulty translating.

I think the message he's trying to send before being persecuted was to inform Sara1991 to be a little bit discrete with her information (which makes sense, be it here or elsewhere). This isn't to say she's done anything wrong and has got to hide. Perhaps just to protect herself as (as we all know) ukba look for every opportunity to refuse an app.

I don't know what he meant by bad quality people but I am sure he was lost in translation. And may be he went a little bit too far in showing his frustration over his interview.

I hope you all got my point. And by the way I don't know colour of toothbrush,what shower gel or shampoo or perfume my wife uses at the moment. Would knowing she just got it from France recently be an acceptable answer or would it be a conclusion that I am in a sham marriage?

I better be careful if I want a PR in a couple of years time.
Very well drafted.

Not many people are sharing their interview experience here any ways.

They are scared that their application may be refused by the UKBA.

I have friend who leaves near the UKBA office in Liverpool & says that a lot of couples are being intervied everyday.

He drives a taxi & since jan a lot of people are booking cabs to Liverpool office. So see only a few actually very few share information here.

I hope more people do. Even we share info here it can't help a sham marriage.

UKBA has designed interviews with few qualifying answers. It doesn't matter how many you get right it's about those few qualifying questions that a couple has to get it right.

I hope you all understand.
One God we believe in.

mian

my Interview Experience

Post by mian » Sun May 26, 2013 12:19 am

Hi
my marriage interview Experience,
i explain it how UKBA deal us,
we been there for interview at 9:00 am in liverpool, and my legal representative go with us, and when my solicitor give them our interview invitation letter to Reception, the women told us we Didn’t confirm that we are coming for interview, and then she said have a seat we will check all the emails, after 30 minuts she came and she said no they didn’t find any email ,
then my solicitor told them UKBA Call him and he Confirm it on Telephone, then they check the system again and said yes we got it, and my solicitor told them we need Interpreter for my wife, which he already inform to ukba,
at 9:45 am they said sorry we didn’t inform then for interpreter so if u want they can rearrange our interview, we said no, we go through in English , and then they called my Wife first for interview at 9:55 am,
1st interview last 2 hours and 45 minutes, I cant explain my condition how I spend this time in waiting room,
Then he called me for interview, and total interview LAST approx. 4 hours and 30 minuts,
My solicitor sit behind me in the room during the interview, and they Asked total 180 Questions and he make sub questions as well , so total question are about 220, I was tired he asked a lot of Question, , he repeat few questions as well, he asked very tricky questions,
Mean like , what day we met 1st time? What time it was ? where did we met? then what we do ? what she said to me , then what we do ?
Its is one question 
Then which coffee we drink ? how many sugar,? who pay for it? We pay by card or cash ? how much was total BILL , ?
Oh man its 2 years ago how can we remember all these things, he said he get married 5 years go he remember everything LOL

and one more thing he said ur gas metter is card or cash, my wife said its cash, i said its pay as you go and we put card on it,
but we he didnt asked me our gas metter is on monthly billing or pay as you go ? anyway

Just only 15 answer doesn’t match, but most of them are before the Marriage, so mean we give more than 90% right answer,
He write all my word , if I said annn yes I think , etc he write every single word, 
I don’t know … just finger crossed and waiting for our Documents

Inshallah everything will be Fi9

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun May 26, 2013 12:40 am

Very interesting details. Thank you for writing them up.

Did you have to take a day off work?

Did you travel to the interview on the same day, or did you have to travel to Liverpool the day before?

Your wife's interview started at 10am and lasted 2hrs and 45min.
How long did your interview last? 4hr and 30min or just 1hr and 45min?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 26, 2013 9:50 am

@sounds like it was a very expensive day - esp with solicitor there.