ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed in Ireland applying for EU1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nemo
Newly Registered

Post by nemo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:08 am

All,
I wonder if you could guide -
I am UK citizen exercising EUTR as self employed in Ireland. I have opened a Ltd company but still get most of contracts from UK. However as a director of the company pay all my taxes in Ireland. I just wanted to know your experience with INIS queries for self-employed applications, i.e Do they call and check anything? for .e.g if you are employed they call the Employer to check.
Anything else i should consider, words of wisdom etc...

thanks in advance.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Re: Self Employed in Ireland applying for EU1

Post by dublin3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 am

nemo wrote:All,
I wonder if you could guide -
I am UK citizen exercising EUTR as self employed in Ireland. I have opened a Ltd company but still get most of contracts from UK. However as a director of the company pay all my taxes in Ireland. I just wanted to know your experience with INIS queries for self-employed applications, i.e Do they call and check anything? for .e.g if you are employed they call the Employer to check.
Anything else i should consider, words of wisdom etc...

thanks in advance.
Yes they call the employer couple of weeks before decision on EU1 application

nemo
Newly Registered

Post by nemo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:51 pm

thanks for the response.... sorry let me rephrase it ...

What i was trying to ask was,- what do INIS check as part of the application checks when the EU citizen is self-employed.

I already know that if the EU citizen is employed they call the employer to verify. My question was what do they check in case of a self employed.

Also, Is there any minimal salary i should be shown as withdrawing. Currently i am showing Gross of 2733 a month. Is that enough?

thanks in advance.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Re: Self Employed in Ireland applying for EU1

Post by dublin3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:27 pm

nemo wrote:thanks for the response.... sorry let me rephrase it ...

What i was trying to ask was,- what do INIS check as part of the application checks when the EU citizen is self-employed.

I already know that if the EU citizen is employed they call the employer to verify. My question was what do they check in case of a self employed.

Also, Is there any minimal salary i should be shown as withdrawing. Currently i am showing Gross of 2733 a month. Is that enough?

thanks in advance.
I am very sorry but I am not sure that.
But I know a guy who got approved and his wife was registered as self employed (Cleaner) She showed between 12 to 20 hours a week.
I am sure any other knowledgeable member will shed some light on this.
Wish you best of luck

nemo
Newly Registered

Post by nemo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:58 pm

Thanks for the response Rebel..

Anyone else ? experiences?

Please share

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:54 am

In terms of salary, I am pretty sure the EU directive doesn't allow them to request a minimum amount. And what you mentioned seems reasonable anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that.

With regards to self employment checks, sorry I don't know either.

b91911
Newly Registered

Post by b91911 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:40 am

Hi Nemo,

My husband's application for EUTR was successful last year, and we applied with me (the EU citizen) being self-employed. I had only started self-employment in Ireland 4 months prior to sending his application.

I use an accountant, so he sent a report every couple of months to INIS certifying my income. I also had to send in bank statements, and the letter of registration with Revenue as a sole trader.

That's about it as far as the self-employment was concerned, as I didn't file taxes in Ireland yet, having only started a few months prior, I could not provide that. It was not an issue.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or PM. Good luck!

Latintraveller
United Kingdom

Self employment, EU1 and JSA

Post by Latintraveller » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 pm

I am currently netting about €130 per week as my business has only been live for three weeks. My wife is earning about €240 per week as an employee. The government has awarded me JSA with a small business disregard until the end of the year while I get the business off the ground. In less than two months I have to send off my EU1 form though...

I have heard it mentioned that people in my circumstances should move off of JSA before sending in the application so not to prejudice it. I am a bit confused though as the Treaty Document states.
As long as the beneficiaries of the right of residence do not become an unreasonable burden
on the social assistance system of the host Member State they should not be expelled.
Therefore, an expulsion measure should not be the automatic consequence of recourse to the
social assistance system. The host Member State should examine whether it is a case of
temporary difficulties and take into account the duration of residence, the personal
circumstances and the amount of aid granted in order to consider whether the beneficiary has
become an unreasonable burden on its social assistance system and to proceed to his
expulsion. In no case should an expulsion measure be adopted against workers,
self-employed persons or job-seekers as defined by the Court of Justice save on grounds of
public policy or public security
Surely in theory I can claim this benefit without my wife and son being in danger of expulsion as I am exercising my treaty rights as a self-employed person (albeit at an early stage of business).

Any thoughts ...

nemo
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh Route

Post by nemo » Sun May 12, 2013 1:24 am

All,
Many thanks for all the support so far... Just a summary of where i am so far -

UK Citizen , exercising EU treaty in Ireland(self-employed). Applied for EU1 for the non-EU and awaiting a response - 3months+ so far. Not expecting anything back for another 3 months.

In the mean while i wanted to start thinking(will wait till we get RC in Ireland) about applying for Family Permit to travel back to UK for non-EU family member.
Two Questions -

1. For FP the non-EU citizens will apply @British Embassy@Dublin, and it seems the processing times can be anything from 2days to a month.? Is that correct?
Once (if) the FP application is successful, and the non-EU citizen is in UK, next step -

2. Apply for Residence Card under Surinder Singh. Does anyone have experience on the timescales for this application?

many thanks in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Surinder Singh Route

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 12, 2013 9:40 am

nemo wrote:All,
Many thanks for all the support so far... Just a summary of where i am so far -

UK Citizen , exercising EU treaty in Ireland(self-employed). Applied for EU1 for the non-EU and awaiting a response - 3months+ so far. Not expecting anything back for another 3 months.

In the mean while i wanted to start thinking(will wait till we get RC in Ireland) about applying for Family Permit to travel back to UK for non-EU family member.
Two Questions -

1. For FP the non-EU citizens will apply @British Embassy@Dublin, and it seems the processing times can be anything from 2days to a month.? Is that correct?
Once (if) the FP application is successful, and the non-EU citizen is in UK, next step -

2. Apply for Residence Card under Surinder Singh. Does anyone have experience on the timescales for this application?

many thanks in advance.
You could take a look at EEA route forum.

UK residence card three to six months.