ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport validity period for EEA application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omega3
Newly Registered

Passport validity period for EEA application

Post by omega3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:04 am

Hello guys , just a quick question to helpful people of this forum. what is minimum validity period of passport to apply for EEA2 or EEA4 permits? if we get new passport do we have to transfer EEA permits to new passport or old passport attached to new will be alright? Please if any body have any information to share that be very great.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:35 am

It's up to you.
You can carry both passports(old and new) Or
You can make a fresh application.

omega3
Newly Registered

Post by omega3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Thank Imshzd , but is that true that you must have 6 month remaining passport to apply for EEA permits? Do we have to have EEA4 permit on the new passport to enter UK ? Because my passport expiring in August and I sent my and wife's passport for permanent card . She got permanent card but because I didn't send prof of five years residence together they issued me another EEA2 card rather than asking for documents . I have collected almost all five year proof of residence and I will send them again EEA4 card. Should I renew passport before sending or send for permanent resident card? Please do reply if any one has been in my position.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:45 pm

The passport would need to be valid on the day of application.

omega3
Newly Registered

Post by omega3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanx moderator , just if you know about these two points ? do we have to transfer EEA card straight away ? Can we enter UK with passport carrying EEA permit and renewed new passport ? New passport won't be carrying EEA PERMIT but it will be with one that is carrying EEA PERMIT ? Sorry I don't know how much I am able to convey my point . But i really thankful if some one had same situation or EUsmileWEallsmile can you please share something ?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:31 pm

As you have been advised correctly that passport need to be valid on the application day. And if you have EEA2 RC on old passport then just carry both (old + new passport) no need to transfer RC on new passport.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

omega3
Newly Registered

Post by omega3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks Sheraz . Thanks every one for help .