ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR For my wife - Cohabitation Proof

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fiestadreamz
Newly Registered

ILR For my wife - Cohabitation Proof

Post by fiestadreamz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi,

My wife and me entered UK in 2008 and will be applying for ILR in may. However, my wife continued with her Maternal surname for first 3 years, once my son is born, have changed her surname to my surname in passport. But i havent changed her surname in NHS or council tax, rental agreements etc.,

BRP issued in 2010/11 was with her maternal surname
last 2 years she got her BRP with my surname (as per passport)

What are my options now? will there be any problem? what should i do?

Appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Should not be a problem if you have marriage certificate showing date of marriage. It is not a legal requirement to change surname once you are married, many women keep their maiden names.

As long as all your documents meet the requirement, you will be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fiestadreamz
Newly Registered

Post by fiestadreamz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks for your response CR001. That helps. The key thing however is, i haven't changed her name in NHS or other places, which i will take as Proofs.

They will be on maiden surname. However we have her old and new passport cliped together, so that should also show the proof. Am i right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:46 pm

That should all be fine as the marriage certificate and passports will link all the docs with the two surnames
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.