ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tunab2

Re: decision

Post by tunab2 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:56 pm

yahwadud wrote:my heart is bitten.my mp just rang the ukba on my behalf and they told him that a decision has been made on my application and will be semd to my solicitor few days time and needed signing for
Good luck, u will be in my prayers but i am positive it is good news....Update us when u receive it. And if you dont mind can you please share your story and your timeline.

Regards!
Date Applied: 7/712
Date Received at HO: 9/7/12
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 19/7/12
Contacted local MP: 22/1/13
BioMetric Letter: 7/2/13
Biometrics Done: 14th Feb 2013.
Return of Docs: UKBA sent 8th Apr
Decision: GRANTED 30 MONTHS

yahwadud

Re: decision

Post by yahwadud » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:23 pm

tunab2 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:my heart is bitten.my mp just rang the ukba on my behalf and they told him that a decision has been made on my application and will be semd to my solicitor few days time and needed signing for
Good luck, u will be in my prayers but i am positive it is good news....Update us when u receive it. And if you dont mind can you please share your story and your timeline.

Regards!
Thank you tunab. I appled for flro human right since January 17 /2012. Got acknowledgement letter a week after and have been waiting since then.my partner is a British but no kids

MRLAOLU
Nigeria

Post by MRLAOLU » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:27 pm

ale001 wrote:
MRLAOLU wrote:Hi Drmahmoodakhtar

Firstly, to answer your question I doubt if you would be given permission to work as you automatically retain the conditions of your last resident permit while you application is being considered. I have not come across a situation where reverse is the case. However, someone else may have a contrary opinion.

Secondly, it appears that your application is based on fear of persecution if you were to return to Pakistan due to your sexuality. FLR O applications are designed for people who would like to remain in the UK for either or both family life and private life purposes.

You do not appear to have an established family life here as you do not have any child or a partner who is either a UK citizen or a permanent resident.

Equally, you have only lived here for just 3 years, you currently needs to have lived here for 20 years to have an established private life.

I think your application is more of an asylum case and I will suggest you seek legal advice immediately.
MRLAOLU, my FLRO is also base on fear of persecution after withdrawing from Asylum a day after asylum application 5 years ago, instead of me reapply for asylum, i just apply straight for protection on FLRo right to private life & long stay... Am using a private solicitor and my MP is involved too. So do you mean it is a must one must have a partner as a UK citizen? I have 4 kids born in Rep.Ireland but not yet Irish citizen though, and i'm a 9ja like you :D
Hi Ale001

Please read FLR O guidance note page 1 under the heading "GUIDANCE NOTES". This may answer your question whether FLR O application forms are appropriate for applications based on fear of prosecution abroad.

By the way I sent you a private message.

Good luck mate.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:59 pm

)9

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 pm

justice12 wrote:)9
hello justice.what is the meaning of )9 ?

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:16 pm

[quote="yahwadud"][quote="justice12"])9[/quote] hello justice.what is the meaning of )9 ?[/quote]

Was a mistake lol sorry !

Elisha47

Post by Elisha47 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Well I received today all my documents back, As must of you read I withdraw my case and then when they ask me for more documents I just send them the copy of my ticket to Mexico... My timeline was
Applied on 17 January 2012
Ack letter 19 January 2012
More documents letter March 15 2013.

So to everyone I wish you the best luck I hope you all get your visas soon for me and my family is better to go Mexico City for the moment.
Wish you the best...

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Elisha47 wrote:Well I received today all my documents back, As must of you read I withdraw my case and then when they ask me for more documents I just send them the copy of my ticket to Mexico... My timeline was
Applied on 17 January 2012
Ack letter 19 January 2012
More documents letter March 15 2013.

So to everyone I wish you the best luck I hope you all get your visas soon for me and my family is better to go Mexico City for the moment.
Wish you the best...
.i wish you good luck in mexico

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Good luck all the best in the future .

teebaby

HI

Post by teebaby » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:31 pm

HI EVERYONE,
BEEN ON THE FORUM FOR SOME MONTHS NOW BUT BEEN USING THE OTHER FORUM PAGE BUT I THINK THIS IS THE BEST FORUM FOR MY CASE.SENT MY APPLICATION IN TO THE HOME OFFICE ON THE 27TH OF OCT 2012 BASED ON FAMILY/PRIVATE LIFE AND I HAVE GOT 3KIDS AND MY PARTNER HAS GOT HIS RESIDENCE PERMIT .RECEIVED MY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER 2WEEKS AFTER AND JUST RECEIVED MY BIOMETRIC LETTER ON THE 1ST OF MARCH,2013 AND WENT TO GET IT DONE IMMEDIATELY WITH MY 3 KIDS.ON THE THE UKBA WEBSITE,THEY WROTE IT THERE THAT IF YOU DONT HEAR FROM THE AFTER 6 MONTHS OF SENDING YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THEM,YOU ARE FREE TO CALL .I ACTUALLY GAVE THEM A CALL ON THE 28TH OF MARCH TO KNOW THE UPDATE OF MY APPLICATION AND I WAS TOLD BY THE GUY THAT ATTENDED TO ME THAT MY APPLICATION HASN'T BEEN COMPLETED.
PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TIME FRAME OF THE APPLICATION BEING A FRESH APPLICATION AS IT OVER 6MONTHS AS THEY STATED .PLEASE,I NEED ALL YOUR ANSWERS...THANK YOU :cry:

yahwadud

Re: HI

Post by yahwadud » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:39 pm

teebaby wrote:HI EVERYONE,
BEEN ON THE FORUM FOR SOME MONTHS NOW BUT BEEN USING THE OTHER FORUM PAGE BUT I THINK THIS IS THE BEST FORUM FOR MY CASE.SENT MY APPLICATION IN TO THE HOME OFFICE ON THE 27TH OF OCT 2012 BASED ON FAMILY/PRIVATE LIFE AND I HAVE GOT 3KIDS AND MY PARTNER HAS GOT HIS RESIDENCE PERMIT .RECEIVED MY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER 2WEEKS AFTER AND JUST RECEIVED MY BIOMETRIC LETTER ON THE 1ST OF MARCH,2013 AND WENT TO GET IT DONE IMMEDIATELY WITH MY 3 KIDS.ON THE THE UKBA WEBSITE,THEY WROTE IT THERE THAT IF YOU DONT HEAR FROM THE AFTER 6 MONTHS OF SENDING YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THEM,YOU ARE FREE TO CALL .I ACTUALLY GAVE THEM A CALL ON THE 28TH OF MARCH TO KNOW THE UPDATE OF MY APPLICATION AND I WAS TOLD BY THE GUY THAT ATTENDED TO ME THAT MY APPLICATION HASN'T BEEN COMPLETED.
PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW THE TIME FRAME OF THE APPLICATION BEING A FRESH APPLICATION AS IT OVER 6MONTHS AS THEY STATED .PLEASE,I NEED ALL YOUR ANSWERS...THANK YOU :cry:
.you have to be patient.i submitted my application since january 2012 .ask yr local MP to write them a letter on yr behalf.am sure you will be granted

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:53 pm

THK YOU SO MUCH,WILL DO JUST THAT TOMORROW.

tunab2

Re: HI

Post by tunab2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:57 pm

teebaby wrote:HI EVERYONE,
I am entering my 9th Month of wait and our applications are almoste similar but i have only one kid. See my timeline below.
Good luck just have to keep praying.
Date Applied: 7/712
Date Received at HO: 9/7/12
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 19/7/12
Contacted local MP: 22/1/13
BioMetric Letter: 7/2/13
Biometrics Done: 14th Feb 2013.
Return of Docs: UKBA sent 8th Apr
Decision: GRANTED 30 MONTHS

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:31 pm

I hope we hear something positive soon.don't want to contact my MP yet cos I just called the HO last week and was told that it hasn't been completed that I should give them little time cos they will actually tell my MP the same thing.I will wait till mid April before contacting my Mp if i don't hear anything from them before then.I hope it won't be up to years b4 it comes out cos that's y they are charging people so as to make fast decisions .fingers crossed....x

ale001

FLR o

Post by ale001 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:20 pm

NOTICE TO EVERYONE.

My solicitor and my MP told me that i should be very patient for the UKBA to work on my application. My MP and my solicitor told me a secret warning that if they disturb the UKBA too much after one or two contact to them, they might be angry and decided application it will be negative result. So the warning is 'Don't disturb them, we know they are wrong by delaying applicant, but it is their country, so lets be patient for them and hope for the best.

FLR (O) Application is really frustrating, and the solution is to be very patient for them.

It is now 12 month i submitted my application and i've done Biometric since 19th of July 2012.

All my paper work is with my MP representing me.

So, my solicitor and my MP told me that i should be very patient for the UKBA to work on my application rather than disturbing them every time and any aggressive caseworker might angrily refused application with annoyance for disturbing them too much.

Don't worry, we will all get positive result about our application.

Good luck... and one love...
Ale001

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Thks Ale001,I hope we here something positive .been having a positive dream....will wait.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:25 pm

teebaby wrote:Thks Ale001,I hope we here something positive .been having a positive dream....will wait.
hello teebay and ale001.as for me, i vigorously disturb the ukba after the 12th month of my application and will keep you posted about the decision this week ok.my mp rang ukba last week and they told him my case is decided and will be send to my lawyer this week.i would advice you both not to contact ukba until i hear the news ok.goodluck to all of us

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Ok,I pray it comes out positive for you .please can't wait to hear d good News....

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:35 pm

teebaby wrote:Ok,I pray it comes out positive for you .please can't wait to hear d good News....
.teebay thank you so much.am sure u will be granted too.will keep u posted.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:32 am

yahwadud wrote:
teebaby wrote:Ok,I pray it comes out positive for you .please can't wait to hear d good News....
I can't wait to hear the good news too. It has already be granted... Be positive. @ Teebababy, don't worry your application is granted too. Are you a 9ja teebaby? :D
Ale001

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 am

[quote="ale001"][quote="yahwadud"][quote="teebaby"]Ok,I pray it comes out positive for you .please can't wait to hear d good News....[/quote].teebay thank you so much.am sure u will be granted too.will keep u posted.[/quote]

I can't wait to hear the good news too. It has already be granted... Be positive. @ Teebababy, don't worry your application is granted too. Are you a 9ja teebaby? :D[/quot

You keep saying ( 9JA ) what's that means ?

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:55 am

justice12 wrote:
ale001 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:
I can't wait to hear the good news too. It has already be granted... Be positive. @ Teebababy, don't worry your application is granted too. Are you a 9ja teebaby? :D[/quot

shortened version of Nigeria pronounced Naija

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:05 pm

justice12 wrote:
ale001 wrote:
yahwadud wrote:

YEs Justice12, the shortened version of Nigeria is in three ways: 9ja, or Naija, or Niger. Just like Mexico as 'MEX' :D
Ale001

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:30 am

Ok. So on the 26th of March a rep from the MPs office called me and told me that the UKBA informed them that they had requested my biometrics on the 14th of March!!!!

I contacted my solicitor and they said 'Oh yes, we have a letter but we only received it this morning (26th)' So where the heck happened to my letter for TWELVE days?!

Argh anyways, I used a scanned copy my solicitor emailed me to submit my biometrics on the 28th of March.

So apart from the frustration of NO ONE telling me my biometric information had been requested...I'm happy that it finally got done!

My new timeline is as follows -
My Timeline:
Date of Application: 17/09/2012
Acknowledgement Received dated 19/09/2012
Biometric requested: 14/03/2013
Biometrics submitted: 28/03/2013
*WAITING*

Is there an approximate time it should take after my biometrics are received? I don't want to get my hopes up, but I secretly am... :)

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Its been 4 weeks now since ive done bio so im hoping to hear from them anytime soon...