ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

error in resident card eea2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan.789
Pakistan

error in resident card eea2

Post by khan.789 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi guys i received my resident card just last week,but there is an error in my date of birth i spoke to ukba they said send passport back i did send it to solicitor she will send to home office.
My question is any idea how long will that take to get fixed,any one went through same situation as me?help will be very appreciated many thanks.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 pm

I can't answer your question, but I am interested to find out how long it takes. If they truly did make a mistake, it should be pretty fast. A month maybe?

Why did you decide to use a solicitor for your RC application? Can I ask how much it has costed so far?

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:18 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I can't answer your question, but I am interested to find out how long it takes. If they truly did make a mistake, it should be pretty fast. A month maybe?

Why did you decide to use a solicitor for your RC application? Can I ask how much it has costed so far?
thanks for your reply guru,i will let you know how long will it take,well i applied 1st time in last December and got refused in July exact after the wait of 6 months and 1st time i didn't hire a solicitor and got rejected on such stupid reason which was my passport was gone expired so my wife she told me to hire a solicitor this time and not to take any risk..
Well i paid her £700 till the answer from ukba.hope answer the question.
I got questions if you can answer will be really appreciated,just say..1st if my passport gets lost will i have to reapply through mtt ?2nd if i won't qualify on that time i won't be granted residency(my wife gets British passport in future,do we have to be in surinder sing situation to get RC)?3rd if we get council house and say full rent every month will it effect my PR? Guru if you answer will be really appreciated many thanks.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:17 pm

I recall a case last year where someone had a similar issue, the error was corrected within a week. Don't be meek, expedite it!

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:43 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I recall a case last year where someone had a similar issue, the error was corrected within a week. Don't be meek, expedite it!
lol,thanks.. :D

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:32 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Don't be meek, expedite it!
I agree 100%. They messed up and they need to fix the problem.

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Guys just got a question in my head did i need to send photographs of me to get sorted error in my resident card?

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:03 pm

khan.789 wrote:Guys just got a question in my head did i need to send photographs of me to get sorted error in my resident card?
Hi khan.789,

I am in the same situation as you were a few months ago. UKBA made an error in my card. I sent it back with cover letter. How quickly they corrected your error and did you need to send photos?
please give me any information.
I am honestly panicking a lot. My mum is in the hospital I need to fly home, and they just dont return my passport. The funny thing is they made this mistake...
please tell me any info about your case.
Thank you

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:25 am

oh sorry to hear ideal13 i can understand your situation.well its their mistake so do not worry it will be done maximum a month,the thing is they do correct in couple of weeks but they just hold it couple of weeks i think this is the way their dispatch system works,dont panick.you just need to send your passport with cover letter thats all.i pray your mum get well soon.
i sent mine i think on 28 november and got it back 7th january mine was delayed.

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:05 pm

khan.789 wrote:oh sorry to hear ideal13 i can understand your situation.well its their mistake so do not worry it will be done maximum a month,the thing is they do correct in couple of weeks but they just hold it couple of weeks i think this is the way their dispatch system works,dont panick.you just need to send your passport with cover letter thats all.i pray your mum get well soon.
i sent mine i think on 28 november and got it back 7th january mine was delayed.
Thank you so much for your reply!!!! Honestly , you made my day. You know today I received a certificate of Application again (the one that we get in the beginning saying about 6 months again). Therefore I was crying the whole day, because i was so sad that it might take again 6 months... Did you also get a COA again ? thanks again

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:11 am

Thats bit weird they shouldn't have sent coa cuz its not a application its just a mistake they need to correct,how did you send your passport to ukba?when did you send back to them? I didn't receive any coa, you should call them and ask what's going on,on your coa is there same case id which was given to your in first place?

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:09 am

khan.789 wrote:Thats bit weird they shouldn't have sent coa cuz its not a application its just a mistake they need to correct,how did you send your passport to ukba?when did you send back to them? I didn't receive any coa, you should call them and ask what's going on,on your coa is there same case id which was given to your in first place?
Hey, I sent my passport back the same day when I received my RC by mail to that standart adress. And on my COA is a different case ID number. And basically again says about 6 months. I called them many times but those guys from the call centre they dont know anything. And they tell me that they cant connect me with anybody. I called the lawyer and she said there is nothing she can do i must wait... I am so sad about it. they made a mistake and I have to wait for 6 months.
May be it is just a standart process to sent that COA. but then why they didnt send it to you. I also written to many email adresses asking them to return my passport with the RC, and somebody called me asking about my Royal mail tracking number from the envelope I sent...and then i got a COA

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:47 pm

You will have a standard letter. Your application has been decided already, you are just asking for a correction. The six month clock does not start again.

khan.789
Pakistan

Post by khan.789 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:04 pm

If your solicitor explained in cover letter it should be fine,you should get it asap

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks guys,
I feel much better now.
I will let you know when I get any news from the Home office.