ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent 10 years long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mkashifshah
Newly Registered

ILR dependent 10 years long residency

Post by mkashifshah » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:57 pm

I am applying for ILR in August on the basis on 10 years long residency. I have recently got Tier 1 extension which is valid untill 03/2015. My wife is in the UK since Feb,2011 and her current stay is also valid till 03/2015. I know she can't apply for ILR this september with me but what will be a good option for her. Whether to apply with me at same time or wait once I get my approval then apply on which base etc.
And also want to confirm whether I can apply at PEO for 10 years ILR. Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

z18runway

Re: ILR dependent 10 years long residency

Post by z18runway » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 pm

mkashifshah wrote:I am applying for ILR in August on the basis on 10 years long residency. I have recently got Tier 1 extension which is valid untill 03/2015. My wife is in the UK since Feb,2011 and her current stay is also valid till 03/2015. I know she can't apply for ILR this september with me but what will be a good option for her. Whether to apply with me at same time or wait once I get my approval then apply on which base etc.
And also want to confirm
She can wait until decision made on your application, then she can apply for ILR if she falls on pre july 2012 (2 years requirement).
whether I can apply at PEO for 10 years ILR. Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks
No PEO appts for 10 years ILR, only postal.
Last edited by z18runway on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:10 pm

mkashifshah wrote:I am applying for ILR in August on the basis on 10 years long residency. I have recently got Tier 1 extension which is valid untill 03/2015. My wife is in the UK since Feb,2011 and her current stay is also valid till 03/2015. I know she can't apply for ILR this september with me but what will be a good option for her. Whether to apply with me at same time or wait once I get my approval then apply on which base etc.
And also want to confirm whether I can apply at PEO for 10 years ILR. Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks
I don't have answers to all of your questions, but I know they will NOT decide 10 years long residence at a PEO appointment.

mkashifshah
Newly Registered

Post by mkashifshah » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:34 pm

z18runway wrote:
And also want to confirm
She can wait until decision made on your application, then she can apply for ILR if she falls on pre july 2012 (2 years requirement).
whether I can apply at PEO for 10 years ILR. Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks
No PEO appts for 10 years ILR, only postal.
Many thanks for your reply.
As you said she can apply for ILR is she falls on pre july 2012(2 years requirements). I am still a bit confused she came to UK on 28/02/2011 as Tier 1 dependent is she falling under pre july 2012 2 years requirements.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:10 am

z18runway wrote:She can wait until decision made on your application, then she can apply for ILR if she falls on pre july 2012 (2 years requirement).
See also Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave and Flr(m) or Set(m) - please help very confusing.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks for correcting me Vinny. Yes, she needs to apply flr(m) then apply set(m) for ilr.

Though I have read on this forum that many members has booked peo appointment for dependent and taken set m form along with them and argued for ilr as the dependent has spent already two years.

But the system works form first then setm