ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help!!! Error in Certificate of Sponsership

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Helpseeker707
Newly Registered

Need Help!!! Error in Certificate of Sponsership

Post by Helpseeker707 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:38 pm

While issuing the Certificate of Sponsorship, my employer made an error in the employment period section by putting down just 2 years rather than 3 years. However, we have amended the certificate by making a note in the sponsor note field.

So could anyone share similar kind of experience and its outcome or guide me whether it will work or not as i have read somewhere that only minor error can be amended by making such note but not the major one. So is it considered as a major error? Please advise.

Thank you.

fahmad

Post by fahmad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Hey, see my post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=130546

Basically I had a similar issue but I think mine's worst because it's the SOC code and in the guidance is says that if you want to change the SOC you have to assign a new Cert of Sponsorship.

However, my HR got a wrong info from the UKBA helpline and they said put the amends in the notes section as it will be considered. So my HR just amended and put in the change in the notes section.

My visa was eventually approved. However, unlike your visa validity dates (that will be clearly printed on the BRP - which technically should follow your employment period as per CoS (in your case hopefully the note) +14 days). If they approve yours, at least you will know if they approved it using the correct date or wrong date. In my case the SOC is nowhere to be seen! Only way to check if they approved it with the note or the wrong one is to contact my caseworker, and that is only by post!

So a bit of a hassle, I still am waiting to hear from my caseworker what code he used, whether the one in the notes or the wrong one.

But in your case only three outcome (a) they refuse if putting a note for date change is not acceptable (b) they approve with the wrong date, which you'll find out straightaway when you receive your BRP (c) they approve with the right date, which again you'll know straight based on your BRP.

scenario a) losing a bit more of money - either putting a new application through or through the appeal process (b) can be tricky but I think again would involve writing to the UKBA caseworker - I would think scenario b is a bit dumb for the caseworker as if he knows its wrong why would he approve a wrong date (c) you're sorted!

I think I read somewhere in this forum a guy had his 'start' date wrong on the CoS (instead of end date), but he submitted a change of circumstances form and the caseworker accepted it. Can't find the link, but definitely in one of the first few pages of the Tier 2 forums. Good luck.

I am still waiting for mine, fingers crossed! Hope I helped a bit - maybe not an outcome, but definitely similar situation. Probs worst!

Helpseeker707
Newly Registered

Post by Helpseeker707 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:20 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience and also felt equally sorry to hear ur side of story.... I could not get the post which you mentioned about a guy who had similar kind of issue however i got the change of circumstances form from ukba website. I will post this form tomorrow. Lets hope for the best.... mine as well fingers crossed but anyway wish a very best of luck.

Please let us know once you get a reply from ukba. Thanks again.

fahmad

Post by fahmad » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:32 am

Hey, I found the link for you. Don't know if you should send the change of circumstances form yet - might want to wait for some of the 'gurus' or experienced people to respond?? As I only mentioned that based on this person's post. But all in all, it's up to you as I can imagine it's a bit unsettling knowing there's an error!

See the post I meant, link as below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... torder=asc

maylmi12

Post by maylmi12 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi I have a question for fahmad

I have had the same problem, my employer issued the wrong cos code on the certificate. We realised very early stages and asked for advice from UKBA. They suggested to write a letter to the caseworkers to amend the code. Did everything turn out ok for you?

Also regarding work dates on the cos, do you have to put the length as 3 years? What if your contract is for 1 or 2 years? Mine is for 1 and we renew every year. Does that mean that I will only get 1 year on my visa and I have to apply for extension next year?