ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to start preparing ILR application documents?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GenX

When to start preparing ILR application documents?

Post by GenX » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi all,

I will be eligible for ILR from April 2013. I am planning to apply for ILR in the end of MAy which is almost 2 months from now. As far as I know we know following documents are required from employer for ILR application.

Documents
1. Employer letter confirming about my leaves and salary etc.
2. Internet printout of 12 months salary slip attested by employer

My case : WP from June 2008 till June 2010, tier 2 ICT from 2010 till 2013( this was as part of WP extension)

My question : when should I ask my employer to attest the payslips. Can I ask them now or is it that the documents should not be more then one month old etc. please confirm.

Thanks so much

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:40 am

Its better to wait till the most recent payslip is available as it will be difficult to ask them again to stamp the payslips

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:13 am

First of all you don't need last 12 months payslips. You can carry payslips for all last five years if you want to be in safer side. As per SET(O) requirement you need most recent payslip. 12 months income proof is for tier 1 people .
See 11(b) section of set(o)
Your most recent payslip and your most recent bank/ building society statement. These must be dated no
earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application.

GenX

Post by GenX » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:22 am

dk2011 wrote:First of all you don't need last 12 months payslips. You can carry payslips for all last five years if you want to be in safer side. As per SET(O) requirement you need most recent payslip. 12 months income proof is for tier 1 people .
Your most recent payslip and your most recent bank/ building society statement. These must be dated no
Thanks dk2011, actually one of the solicitor told me to get 12 months payslip. If I wasn't to carry 5 years salary slips just to be on safer side then should all of the 5 year salary slips be attested? Also I got to know that we need 5 years of P60 forms, again the P60 I have are Internet copies do I need to get all of them attested my employer?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:31 am

Please check my PM.

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:46 am

Is it necessary to get the 12 months payslips attested?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 am

As per the SE(O) document requirement it is not required for WP holder. It is required for tier 1 where they have to scroe requisite points in order to qualify. For WP/ICT 2 applicants employer letter is most important confirming pay and paid abscences. You need to have most recent payslip.

Solicitors doesn't deal with one case they deal with many and at times they merge the requirement or confuse one with other. :)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 am

Mano82 wrote:Is it necessary to get the 12 months payslips attested?
Good if you could get the 12month's Payslips attested.Most of the Employers whether they will do that,I donot know. If not get a letter from your Employer that the 12 month's Pay slips are authentic and are true copies.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:42 am

GenX wrote:
dk2011 wrote:First of all you don't need last 12 months payslips. You can carry payslips for all last five years if you want to be in safer side. As per SET(O) requirement you need most recent payslip. 12 months income proof is for tier 1 people .
Thanks dk2011, actually one of the solicitor told me to get 12 months payslip. If I wasn't to carry 5 years salary slips just to be on safer side then should all of the 5 year salary slips be attested? Also I got to know that we need 5 years of P60 forms, again the P60 I have are Internet copies do I need to get all of them attested my employer?
1. No need to carry 5 years payslips, just lat 12 month's is enough. Normally CWs have been asking for the last 1/3/6 month's payslips. Why do you want to give it to the CW too many documents not asked for??Please looka t My reply on this thread regarding this.

2.If your P60s are Internet Copies it's good, if you get them attested by your Employer. Don't you receive hard copies of P60s, for each year in April.

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 am

Thnx Kevin. Just to understand further since we are giving the bank statements which shows salary credit is it necessary to get them attested.

Only worry is employer will ask 100 qns before giving them. I can ask saying its for loan etc but dint want to unless its absolutely necessary.Pls advise.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:56 am

Mano82 wrote:Thnx Kevin. Just to understand further since we are giving the bank statements which shows salary credit is it necessary to get them attested.

Only worry is employer will ask 100 qns before giving them. I can ask saying its for loan etc but dint want to unless its absolutely necessary.Pls advise.
You would have already got your Bank Statements by post. Just highlight the salary amounts credited. But if you get order statements from Bank,get them stamped immediately at the counter. It will cost you £ 5.00 per statement. Don't think they will do 12 month's statements on one go.

Why do you want your Employer to get involved with your Bank Statements, No Need to get them attested. They wlli definitely ask you all sorts of questions. What loan??

GenX

Post by GenX » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:16 pm

Kevin24 wrote: 1. No need to carry 5 years payslips, just lat 12 month's is enough. Normally CWs have been asking for the last 1/3/6 month's payslips. Why do you want to give it to the CW too many documents not asked for??Please looka t My reply on this thread regarding this.

2.If your P60s are Internet Copies it's good, if you get them attested by your Employer. Don't you receive hard copies of P60s, for each year in April.
Thanks Kevin, what if I start asking my employer to attest the payslips now itself will that be fine. My visa appointment is in May end and since my employer creates problem in attesting documents so I will be sending them payslips every week in a set of 3 months . Can I start doing it now. This would mean that the attesting dates will be 2 months before the ILR appointment date. Please advise if this is fine or all the payslips should have the same date which is only one month old.

Regarding P60 , I don't have the hard copy. I think I will have to fight for them. Again if they are ready to attest the P60 then can I ask them to attest it now or should they also be not more then one month old from the date of appointment.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:29 pm

GenX wrote:
Kevin24 wrote: 1. No need to carry 5 years payslips, just lat 12 month's is enough. Normally CWs have been asking for the last 1/3/6 month's payslips. Why do you want to give it to the CW too many documents not asked for??Please looka t My reply on this thread regarding this.

Thanks Kevin, what if I start asking my employer to attest the payslips now itself will that be fine. My visa appointment is in May end and since my employer creates problem in attesting documents so I will be sending them payslips every week in a set of 3 months . Can I start doing it now. This would mean that the attesting dates will be 2 months before the ILR appointment date. Please advise if this is fine or all the payslips should have the same date which is only one month old.

Regarding P60 , I don't have the hard copy. I think I will have to fight for them. Again if they are ready to attest the P60 then can I ask them to attest it now or should they also be not more then one month old from the date of appointment.
Attesting Payslips it will be good if they have the same date,say a month before your application date,except the last one. Whether your Employer will attest all at one go I do not know. But I have seen in PEO Experiences, CWs have accepted, A letter certifying the Payslips from the Employer.You can do only what your Employer will agree to do. Just have a talk to your Employer and see,what is the best option for you. Until you get your ILR you have to work with your Heart On Fire and your Head inside the Fridge attitude,with your Employer.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 pm

GenX wrote:

You could contact HMRC and ask them to send your Employment History in the mean time. They should send it with in 2 weeks. Employer would not like to attest too many documents.