ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank statement 28 days rule

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jaberdene

bank statement 28 days rule

Post by jaberdene » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:01 am

Hi all

our February bank statement was dated 1st of March and my wife is going to submit her spouse visa application beginning of the April. I dnt think we will able to get March bank statement before we submit the application.

in order to show maintenance fund under old rules (not under Appendix FM) , the last bank statement date must be no older than 28 days or not?

can anybody clarify please?
cheers

desmortess

Re: bank statement 28 days rule

Post by desmortess » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:24 am

jaberdene wrote:Hi all

our February bank statement was dated 1st of March and my wife is going to submit her spouse visa application beginning of the April. I dnt think we will able to get March bank statement before we submit the application.

in order to show maintenance fund under old rules (not under Appendix FM) , the last bank statement date must be no older than 28 days or not?

can anybody clarify please?
cheers
Mate, you must download statements from online for the latest ones and get it stamped and attach along with the application.

erhnaks
Newly Registered

Post by erhnaks » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:18 pm

My bank statement is dates 01/03/2013. And i had a statement transaction from the natwest bank dated 05/03/2013. We will be applying on 02/04/2013 for the spouse visa would this affect for granting the visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:44 pm

desmortess wrote:Mate, you must download statements from online for the latest ones and get it stamped and attach along with the application.
Online bank statements are generally not accepted by UKBA. OP should go into his bank branch and get latest statement printed by them and stamped.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:23 am

CR001 wrote:
desmortess wrote:Mate, you must download statements from online for the latest ones and get it stamped and attach along with the application.
Online bank statements are generally not accepted by UKBA. OP should go into his bank branch and get latest statement printed by them and stamped.
Thanks for your advice. I will try to get my statement printed and stamped by bank. But banks never want to stamp on it. It is always problem.
They NEVER want.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:14 pm

My candid advise to you is that, all the 6 payslips that you will submit should reflect in your bank statements, for example, your Febuary salary will reflect in the March bank statement ( not quite sure, if this applies to you). By my calculation, if you must to submit March bank statement, you must start by submitting your payslips starting from September.I will implore you to get it right for the first time, as ECO's find slight excuse for refusal, especially for Spouse visa applications, if your bank will not stamp the statement print out, it is better to wait till you get the original one that is sent to you before applying.

Moonandstar

Post by Moonandstar » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:20 pm

johnj1 wrote:My candid advise to you is that, all the 6 payslips that you will submit should reflect in your bank statements, for example, your Febuary salary will reflect in the March bank statement ( not quite sure, if this applies to you). By my calculation, if you must to submit March bank statement, you must start by submitting your payslips starting from September.I will implore you to get it right for the first time, as ECO's find slight excuse for refusal, especially for Spouse visa applications, if your bank will not stamp the statement print out, it is better to wait till you get the original one that is sent to you before applying.
I am in a similar position. I have 24 weeks worth of payslips. The only thing is the December month I was in Pakistan so I did not put my wages into my account. Instead my employer gave me my holiday pay in advance and I took it with me to Pakistan. I get paid in cash. Should I write a covering letter explaining this and attach it to my December bank statement.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:08 pm

@Moon and star, the ECO's always cross check the payslips you presented with the application with bank statements, if the amount in the pay slip did not reflect in the bank statement for each week or month, they might refuse, because this might make them to say you did not followed what is requested in the financial requirements, as it written clearly there, that 6 months payslips and bank statements, they are always looking for loopholes to refuse applicants, it is better to speak to an immigration lawyer before you apply. I wish you good luck