ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

peo appointment no brp yet

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faz28

peo appointment no brp yet

Post by faz28 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:01 pm

I changed my pbs tier 4 dependent to spouse visa on 21/03/13. With much difficulty I booked a peo appointment for ilr on 02/04/13 hoping my brp will arrive in 2-3 days. I'm so dissapointed my brp didn't arrive yet, I need to apply before 05/04 otherwise I have to wait another 2 years. Cannot post it because of travel plans with kids for my home country after 5 years.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: peo appointment no brp yet

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:07 pm

faz28 wrote:I changed my pbs tier 4 dependent to spouse visa on 21/03/13. With much difficulty I booked a peo appointment for ilr on 02/04/13 hoping my brp will arrive in 2-3 days. I'm so dissapointed my brp didn't arrive yet, I need to apply before 05/04 otherwise I have to wait another 2 years. Cannot post it because of travel plans with kids for my home country after 5 years.
Call DX on 0844 371 0000 and ask if they have anything waiting for you, There is no post until Tuesday now (except sat post), I'm not sure if the courier delivers on a Saturday?
Last edited by Amber on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Thank you very much for ur quick reply. I should have asked about it here earlier rather than waiting for post. I think they r closed tomorrow and dont know about saturday.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 am

D4109125 wrote:
faz28 wrote:I changed my pbs tier 4 dependent to spouse visa on 21/03/13. With much difficulty I booked a peo appointment for ilr on 02/04/13 hoping my brp will arrive in 2-3 days. I'm so dissapointed my brp didn't arrive yet, I need to apply before 05/04 otherwise I have to wait another 2 years. Cannot post it because of travel plans with kids for my home country after 5 years.
Call DX on 0844 371 0000 and ask if they have anything waiting for you, There is no post until Tuesday now (except sat post), I'm not sure if the courier delivers on a Saturday?
Just spoke to DX and they say they have nothing in my name, I find it very strange why HO didn't send my brp yet.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:28 am

faz28 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Just spoke to DX and they say they have nothing in my name, I find it very strange why HO didn't send my brp yet.
Email the BRP team as per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... enquiries/

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:53 am

D4109125 wrote:
faz28 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Email the BRP team as per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... enquiries/
Yes I have already emailed UKBA but they are closed until 01/04.

Can I go to my appointment without the brp. I have the letter which they say my brp will arrive in couple of days and I'll be eligible to ilr after 2 years (standard letter). My appointment is for same HO (Sheffield), they should have my brp and details about me in their system.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:08 pm

faz28 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
faz28 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
Yes I have already emailed UKBA but they are closed until 01/04.

Can I go to my appointment without the brp. I have the letter which they say my brp will arrive in couple of days and I'll be eligible to ilr after 2 years (standard letter). My appointment is for same HO (Sheffield), they should have my brp and details about me in their system.
If you have not received your BRP before 05/04,you could go for your appointment with the Letter. Explain to the CW that you haven't received your BRP.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Thank you for your reply. My appointment is for 02/04 can I attend it with the letter because there is no appointments for 4th or 5th.

After my spouse visa was granted I had a little discussion with CW about my eligibility to ILR now at first she said no(tier 4 dependent not route to settlement) but when I told her about the rules she spoke to her senior case worker and told me yes I can apply for ilr before 5th of April if that what you want. She told me I'll not get an appointment before 05/04 and anyway you will need to wait until your BRP arrive.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:45 pm

faz28 wrote:Thank you for your reply. My appointment is for 02/04 can I attend it with the letter because there is no appointments for 4th or 5th.

After my spouse visa was granted I had a little discussion with CW about my eligibility to ILR now at first she said no(tier 4 dependent not route to settlement) but when I told her about the rules she spoke to her senior case worker and told me yes I can apply for ilr before 5th of April if that what you want. She told me I'll not get an appointment before 05/04 and anyway you will need to wait until your BRP arrive.
When the CW has told you to attend after you receive your BRP,why do you want to attend before 05/04. Is it because of increased Visa Fees or you think the rules may change after 06/04.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
faz28 wrote:Thank you for your reply. My appointment is for 02/04 can I attend it with the letter because there is no appointments for 4th or 5th.

When the CW has told you to attend after you receive your BRP,why do you want to attend before 05/04. Is it because of increased Visa Fees or you think the rules may change after 06/04.
It is because of the new rules after 06/04 my stay as Pbs tier 4 dependent will not count towards Ilr where as now I'll be eligible for ILR. So after 06/04 I need to complete 2 years in spouse visa. I just want to get over with everything.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:26 pm

faz28 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

It is because of the new rules after 06/04 my stay as Pbs tier 4 dependent will not count towards Ilr where as now I'll be eligible for ILR. So after 06/04 I need to complete 2 years in spouse visa. I just want to get over with everything.
If you have made the appointment with the PEO you could go with the letter for your appointment. Only issue is,if they take the Visa Fees before your Case is decided!!

faz28

Post by faz28 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
faz28 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

If you have made the appointment with the PEO you could go with the letter for your appointment. Only issue is,if they take the Visa Fees before your Case is decided!![/quote

At the last minute I got a peo appointment 0n 04/04 and I received my brp on 03/04. My Peo appointment on 04/04 was successful, I was granted with ILR. Thanks to everyone in the forum who helped me throughout my journey.