ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre action protocol - Entry clearance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BYC

Pre action protocol - Entry clearance

Post by BYC » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:19 pm

My spouse applied for a dependent entry clearance of point based in 2010 was refused under 3207A because he did not declare previous refusals, he thought it was not necessary cos he was advised by people, the issue is that the previous refusals was on a lost passport. Applied again in 2011, now declared all refusals, then was refused under 3207B. We appealed, got dismissed at FTT and UT, because our solicitor didnt challenge 320, he rather was making submissions under article 8, now we are in the process of sending pre action protocol, telling them we are challenging 320 7B under immigration rules.

What is our chance of success if we get a letter from the passport issuing office, to argue the case that deception was not intentional and unaware. can we succeed if we initiate JR.
responses welcme

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Pre action protocol - Entry clearance

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:25 pm

BYC wrote:My spouse applied for a dependent entry clearance of point based in 2010 was refused under 3207A because he did not declare previous refusals, he thought it was not necessary cos he was advised by people, the issue is that the previous refusals was on a lost passport. Applied again in 2011, now declared all refusals, then was refused under 3207B. We appealed, got dismissed at FTT and UT, because our solicitor didnt challenge 320, he rather was making submissions under article 8, now we are in the process of sending pre action protocol, telling them we are challenging 320 7B under immigration rules.

What is our chance of success if we get a letter from the passport issuing office, to argue the case that deception was not intentional and unaware. can we succeed if we initiate JR.
responses welcme
Not disclosing previous refusals was really foolish on your Spouse's part..Once they have refused because of deception,they will go back to the initial application.Have you got a good solicitor to challenge their refusal this time? Hope they will consider this time around and grant his visa .

BYC

Re: Pre action protocol - Entry clearance

Post by BYC » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
BYC wrote:My spouse applied for a dependent entry clearance of point based in 2010 was refused under 3207A because he did not declare previous refusals, he thought it was not necessary cos he was advised by people, the issue is that the previous refusals was on a lost passport. Applied again in 2011, now declared all refusals, then was refused under 3207B. We appealed, got dismissed at FTT and UT, because our solicitor didnt challenge 320, he rather was making submissions under article 8, now we are in the process of sending pre action protocol, telling them we are challenging 320 7B under immigration rules.

responses welcme
Not disclosing previous refusals was really foolish on your Spouse's part..Once they have refused because of deception,they will go back to the initial application.Have you got a good solicitor to challenge their refusal this time? Hope they will consider this time around and grant his visa .[/ We were disappointed and want to file our case by ourselves now. We are aiming to get advice from this forum, we will really appreciate, cos our marriage has really suffered as a result , How do we go about the JR please?]

BYC

Post by BYC » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:45 pm

We were disappointed and want to file our case by ourselves now. We are aiming to get advice from this forum, we will really appreciate, cos our marriage has really suffered as a result , How do we go about the JR please?]

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:49 pm

BYC wrote:We were disappointed and want to file our case by ourselves now. We are aiming to get advice from this forum, we will really appreciate, cos our marriage has really suffered as a result , How do we go about the JR please?]
Pl. read APL-06 Appeals from UKBA website. It clearly explains all you want to know about Judicial Review.

BYC

Post by BYC » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks very much Kevin24, the link is useful. Please can u advise on what grounds can we argue this case?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:18 pm

BYC wrote:Thanks very much Kevin24, the link is useful. Please can u advise on what grounds can we argue this case?
Glad it was useful for you.. I really don't have experience on this subject. Please be patient till some body who knows will reply. Why don't you consult a good solicitor without delaying? Because Immigration rules are changed very frequently now.

BYC

Post by BYC » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks again, I will be patient to get a reply from this forum, another solicitor will costs more than we have spent a lot of money already.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:32 pm

BYC wrote:Thanks again, I will be patient to get a reply from this forum, another solicitor will costs more than we have spent a lot of money already.
Agreed. I will also try to do some research and will let you know if some thing comes up.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:38 pm

BYC wrote:Thanks again, I will be patient to get a reply from this forum, another solicitor will costs more than we have spent a lot of money already.
One good suggestion for you would be to do a Search in this Forum. You will see the Search Button on Top of this page. Type Topic Judical Review and search in the section Immigration of Family Members. You will see loads of Posts ,pick what is relevant to you and read through them. I am sure somebody will respond by then.

BYC

Post by BYC » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:56 pm

God bless you so much Kevin24, I will search for them. Bcos I'm new to the forum, still learning how to explore information from here, anyway I will do the search. Really appreciate your help

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:01 pm

BYC wrote:God bless you so much Kevin24, I will search for them. Bcos I'm new to the forum, still learning how to explore information from here, anyway I will do the search. Really appreciate your help
Thank you for your blessings on an Easter Week end.Please post your Experience as how whether you were able to find any thing.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:24 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.