ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoolp
Newly Registered

after ILR?

Post by shoolp » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:43 pm

hello Friends.

how is everyone after the bank holidy week end?

i hope you guys help me out in my queries,

after getting an ilr if i go back to my country what will be the question while returning to uk if you are within the time limit of 2 years?

if i take a 1yr gap and would like to return to uk will i be asked any question or their will be any risk to my status? And which is safest period of gap. and do i need to buy a property to prove that i have a strong reason to return even if i want to return within 2yrs of time.

and the next question is will my baby get the citizenship after i get ilr or he should also wait for 1yr after ILR?

and what will be the status of my wife can she come alone with her ILR status without me? and should she have any job or college admission?.

I hope someone who got an ilr can easily answer these questions,

thank you.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:23 pm

Residence permit letter clearly explains a leave more than 2 years from UK may invalidate your PR status.

1 year gap shouldnot really cause much problem unless you appear as a completely 'homeless lumberjack' to the immigration authorities at the airport.
But there is no 'safe period' in immigration terms :)

Regarding your wife' status, she will have ILR status as your dependent. (not sure about the kids status )

Hope this helps

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:10 am

shoolp

Neither you nor your wife should have any problem coming back within 2 years even with a one year gap, provided you are coming back with the intention to stay as a permanent resident. After the first 2 years, if you have set a pattern of short stays here, it could start to be a problem. Your wife can enter independently of you without problem.

Your baby could be British after you got ILR, but only if born in the UK. If born in the UK before you got ILR, you can apply for registration. If born in the UK after ILR, the baby is automatically a citizen and can get a British passport straightaway.

Note that you will have difficulty applying for British Citizenship if you are overseas significantly over 90 days in the year after ILR, especially if it is not for job-related travel.

Joseph