ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Yorkshire Lifestyle £48,000 net Per Year?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1963British

Yorkshire Lifestyle £48,000 net Per Year?

Post by 1963British » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:59 am

I am bringing my spouse w/2 children from the USA to live in the UK and wanted to see if my cost of living thoughts was correct.

My business in the USA will provide us with net £48,000 per year and we want to live in a "semi-rural" area like South Yorkshire.

It appears we can rent a nice house for around £1,250 a month which would leave £2,750 for everything else.

Any travel back to the USA would be covered by my business. Educational expenses for my children would be fully paid by my business.

Economically, would we have a nice lifestyle in a place like South Yorkshire? We do not "entertain" or go out much.

Second question on renting. I have read of people having "problems" qualifying for a rental. If I can show a very healthy bank balance in the UK and would be willing to pay six months up front, would I likely have any problems?

Also, are there short term furniture rental companies?

Thank you,

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:57 am

Re: rental with furnitures, its a matter of finding a "fully furnished" property in Yorkshire area. A fully furnished property comes with basic furnitures and white electrical goods.
Now a days properties offered as fully-furnished are very less (due to the mad buy-to-let boom ) but you would still find them if you shop around.

Re: rental checks, each estate agent carries it out in their own ways.
To start with, make sure you have a deposit, a reference letter from employer and preferably two local references. Good luck.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:35 am

You could buy Yorkshire for 48,000 pounds.......

Steve (from Lancashire...)