ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 - Document Checklist - Review Comments Please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keerthi

Tier 2 - Document Checklist - Review Comments Please

Post by keerthi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:50 pm

Dear All,

Kindly let me know if anymore is required.

History - WP + Tier 2 - ICT - Main Applicant

List of Documents

1. Passport - 1
2. BRP Card
3. Appointment Letter
4. Debit Card
5. 2 Photos(with Name on back )
6. Employer Reference Letter (With SOC code mentioned, but not with the statement of 'paid more that SOC code' )
6. 12 Months Payslips - Attested by employer
7. 12 Months Bank Statements - Only for current account to highlight the salary for each month
8. Copies of P60's - 4 Nos. from 2008 - Not attested by employer
9. Absence Letter - From me as I was away from UK for 39 days - Family Visit - Employer will not provide a letter, but has taken a initial signed letter provided by the company when I was deputed to UK in 2008, with 20 days of paid annual leave mentioned and attested payslips for these months to highlight all the days are paid
10. LITUK Test Pass Certificate
11. Completed Application Form

Additional Documents
12. Orignial WP
13. Degree Certificate

Kindly let me know if Iam missing anything.

Regards,
Keerthi

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 - Document Checklist - Review Comments Please

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:04 pm

keerthi wrote:Dear All,

Kindly let me know if anymore is required.

History - WP + Tier 2 - ICT - Main Applicant

List of Documents

1. Passport - 1
2. BRP Card
3. Appointment Letter
4. Debit Card
5. 2 Photos(with Name on back )
6. Employer Reference Letter (With SOC code mentioned, but not with the statement of 'paid more that SOC code' )
6. 12 Months Payslips - Attested by employer
7. 12 Months Bank Statements - Only for current account to highlight the salary for each month
8. Copies of P60's - 4 Nos. from 2008 - Not attested by employer
9. Absence Letter - From me as I was away from UK for 39 days - Family Visit - Employer will not provide a letter, but has taken a initial signed letter provided by the company when I was deputed to UK in 2008, with 20 days of paid annual leave mentioned and attested payslips for these months to highlight all the days are paid
10. LITUK Test Pass Certificate
11. Completed Application Form

Additional Documents
12. Orignial WP
13. Degree Certificate

Kindly let me know if Iam missing anything.

Regards,
Keerthi
Mate!
4. Why Debit Card-It is only needed to pay your Visa Fees not to be given to the CW.
6.Why Employer has not mentioned that you are paid above SOC Code salary? Are you getting a salary below that
6.If P60s are Online then better to be attested by Employer.
9.Absence Letter?
10.Photocopies of Documents?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:29 pm

Regarding the Absence letter you must provide a current letter. Employer only have to mention that your Annual Leave was with in your annual Limit and was paid for. No need of a separate letter,can mention in the Reference letter.

Better to get Employment History for 5 years. Call HMRC.If P60s are not attested.

I beleive you are going for a PEO appointment. Good Luck.Pl. Post your Experience.

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the details.

1.The employer has provided the SOC code, but will not provide the statement of 'Paid above the rate of SOC etc...' as they will not support ILR
2. The salary is well above the SOC code
3. As the employer will not(refused to) provide the absence letter or statement in the reference letter that leaves are paid for, Iam planning to write a personal letter stating that the absences are for compelling reasons. Hope this is fine
4. Getting the stamping on P60 will be difficult - how critical is this for decision making process? I was thinking of having P60's in the back up document list.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Keerthi

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:57 pm

keerthi wrote:Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the details.

1.The employer has provided the SOC code, but will not provide the statement of 'Paid above the rate of SOC etc...' as they will not support ILR
2. The salary is well above the SOC code
3. As the employer will not(refused to) provide the absence letter or statement in the reference letter that leaves are paid for, Iam planning to write a personal letter stating that the absences are for compelling reasons. Hope this is fine
4. Getting the stamping on P60 will be difficult - how critical is this for decision making process? I was thinking of having P60's in the back up document list.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Keerthi
1. & 2. accepted by me. Hopefully CW will be fine with that. You could explain.
3. Absences due to compelling reasons ,o.k you give a personal note. Do you have -Evidence Hospital Letters/Medical Certificate/Death Certificate. Are they paid for?
4.Good Have P60s in the Back up file. If asked give them. HMRC will send you the Employment history in 2 weeks.

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:05 pm

Thanks Kevin.

For absences, I have medical records (only for one absence, that too from UK), hopefully it will be fine.

HMRC will try, but Iam trying for appts before 6th April fee hike, so thinking of rolling the dice!!

Regards,
Keerthi

GenX

Post by GenX » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 pm

keerthi wrote:Thanks Kevin.

For absences, I have medical records (only for one absence, that too from UK), hopefully it will be fine.

HMRC will try, but Iam trying for appts before 6th April fee hike, so thinking of rolling the dice!!

Regards,
Keerthi
I would suggest to take the bank statement and payslip of those months when you were away so if required you can explain them that from both it is obvious that you were paid. Salary slip will always have 'total number of days paid' information. All the best.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:13 pm

keerthi wrote:Thanks Kevin.

Regards,
Keerthi
Hospital Records are a good proof.When is your Visa expiring? If you do the PEO with in the 28days window you will be fine. Try to avoid Croydon PEO and try one of the other PEOs.Good Luck.

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks Kevin, GenX,

Actually I have visa for more than 9 months, want to complete the process soon because,

1. Not sure what additional rules UKBA will bring in the future
2. Fee hike from April 6th

Interestingly all the possibilities are pointing towards Croydon!!..currently evaluating the possibilities for this week's appointment...otherwise need to take a hit on my hard earned money.

Regards,
Keerthi

naija99
Member of Standing

Post by naija99 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Could you please confirm the new fee for after 6 April for premium appointment Set o application?

technoguy

Post by technoguy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:29 pm

naija99 wrote:Could you please confirm the new fee for after 6 April for premium appointment Set o application?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-2013.pdf

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:34 am

keerthi wrote:Thanks Kevin, GenX,

Actually I have visa for more than 9 months, want to complete the process soon because,

1. Not sure what additional rules UKBA will bring in the future
2. Fee hike from April 6th

Interestingly all the possibilities are pointing towards Croydon!!..currently evaluating the possibilities for this week's appointment...otherwise need to take a hit on my hard earned money.

Regards,
Keerthi
Things should work out fine. Grab the first available PEO appointment and be done with.All the Best.

naija99
Member of Standing

New fees

Post by naija99 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:50 am

sorry to persist with such an obvious question but could someone confirm the amount of set o application (WP + tier 2 gen).
Ive looked at the new fees guide but cannot see how much it will be after 6 April for same day premium service.
Thanks

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:30 am

Which SOC code have you got mentioned in employer letter ? SOC2000 guess if you are trying before 6th april.

If you are applying after 6th april then guidance doesn't say which code to be mentioned . It just says look in the column J which is old code. Can some one else check and confirm which SOC code one needs to mention SOC2000 or SOC2010 if you are applying after 6th april?

Regarding rushing the application just to save increased fee isn't wise in my opinion . Please do so if you are well prepared from your side. I would wait and pay another 300-400 pounds if that increase chances of getting it approved than rushing it just to save increased fee. Again , it is my personal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:46 am

dk2011 wrote:Which SOC code have you got mentioned in employer letter ? SOC2000 guess if you are trying before 6th april.

If you are applying after 6th april then guidance doesn't say which code to be mentioned . It just says look in the column J which is old code. Can some one else check and confirm which SOC code one needs to mention SOC2000 or SOC2010 if you are applying after 6th april?

Regarding rushing the application just to save increased fee isn't wise in my opinion . Please do so if you are well prepared from your side. I would wait and pay another 300-400 pounds if that increase chances of getting it approved than rushing it just to save increased fee. Again , it is my personal opinion.
You need to use SOC 2010 for applications after 06/04/2013. Your comments are valid regarding the rush of applications.before 06/04.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: New fees

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:49 am

naija99 wrote:sorry to persist with such an obvious question but could someone confirm the amount of set o application (WP + tier 2 gen).
Ive looked at the new fees guide but cannot see how much it will be after 6 April for same day premium service.
Thanks

£1051- Self
£788 -For each applicant
£375- Per Person( Includes £100 Booking Fees)
These Fees are after 06/04. Any way New form will be out by 06/04.

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:50 am

Iam using SOC 2131 - for PM.

It is not about rushing, but even If I had one more month, Iam at a situation where I cannot provide any additional documents - Iam not in a good state

So thought of trying to get an appointment before 6th April.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:03 am

[quote="keerthi"]Iam using SOC 2131 - for PM.-- I mean to say is it according to SOC2000 codes or SOC2010 codes which is going to be applicable after 6th april . It is more for the people who will apply after 6th april.

It is not about rushing, but even If I had one more month, Iam at a situation where I cannot provide any additional documents - Iam not in a good state

[size=18]So thought of trying to get an appointment before 6th April[/size].[/quote]

If you can't arrange any other document then it makes sense to apply now . I just wanted to make sure that we just don't rush for the sake of increased fee.

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks DK, I understood your point.

Tomorrow Iam going to try for P60 attestation and may be an additional statements from Bank for Savings account, apart from the current account.

Apart from that I have done almost everything other than filing.

Hope God will help me on this.

Regards,
Keerthi.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 am

keerthi wrote:Thanks DK, I understood your point.

Tomorrow Iam going to try for P60 attestation and may be an additional statements from Bank for Savings account, apart from the current account.

Apart from that I have done almost everything other than filing.

Hope God will help me on this.

Regards,
Keerthi.
If you have been maintaining a Minm. Balance of say £1,000/Then get a letter from the bank.What more additional documents you have to get?
Is it possible to get an appointment at a PEO before 6.04?

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi Kevin,

Iam always maintaining a min balance of £1K in the bank, will try to get that letter also.

Apart from the Savings account statement and P60 attestations, I think I have completed collecting all the supporting documents including e-tickets for my absences just as an additional proof.

Iam trying for the appointment before 6th April, with dependents, it seems almost impossible, but with only for main I think I can get one, will keep you posted either way

Regards,
Keerthi

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:06 pm

[quote="Kevin24"][quote="dk2011"]Which SOC code have you got mentioned in employer letter ? SOC2000 guess if you are trying before 6th april.

Regarding rushing the application just to save increased fee isn't wise in my opinion . Please do so if you are well prepared from your side. I would wait and pay another 300-400 pounds if that increase chances of getting it approved than rushing it just to save increased fee. Again , it is my personal opinion.[/quote]

You need to use SOC 2010 for applications after 06/04/2013. Your comments are valid regarding the rush of applications.before 06/04.[/quote]

Kevin and others , Please check below.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

245GF. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain

To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, indefinite leave to remain will be granted. if the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

(e) The sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant's last grant of leave must certify in writing that:

(i) he still requires the applicant for the employment in question, and

(ii) he is paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixj/

If you look at appendixj it is still having SOC2000 codes. Please let me know how you guys interpret it . May be appendixj would be updated after 6th april ?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:34 pm

keerthi wrote:Hi Kevin,

Iam always maintaining a min balance of £1K in the bank, will try to get that letter also.

Apart from the Savings account statement and P60 attestations, I think I have completed collecting all the supporting documents including e-tickets for my absences just as an additional proof.

Iam trying for the appointment before 6th April, with dependents, it seems almost impossible, but with only for main I think I can get one, will keep you posted either way

Regards,
Keerthi
There are instances where CW has asked for this letter from Applicants with Dependents. My friends with dependents too are finding difficult to get appointments at Croydon,. Why don't you look for another PEO outside London. You may be able to get appointments with them.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:36 pm

dk2011 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
dk2011 wrote:Which SOC code have you got mentioned in employer letter ? SOC2000 guess if you are trying before 6th april.

You need to use SOC 2010 for applications after 06/04/2013. Your comments are valid regarding the rush of applications.before 06/04.
Kevin and others , Please check below.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

245GF. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain

To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, indefinite leave to remain will be granted. if the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

(e) The sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the applicant's last grant of leave must certify in writing that:

(i) he still requires the applicant for the employment in question, and

(ii) he is paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixj/

If you look at appendixj it is still having SOC2000 codes. Please let me know how you guys interpret it . May be appendixj would be updated after 6th april ?
like you suggested let's wait till 06/04. There after it will be easier to interpret the SOC Codes.

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Keerthi,

Check these link on multiple single appointments booked on same day which can be used for applying for self+dependents..

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 3.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ith_depend