ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

still waiting

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fjm
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by fjm » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 yr (work permit + Tier 1) + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Newham)
Date of application : 23/11/2012
Date of receipt by UKBA: dont know
Date of debit of fees: Dec 2012
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 04/12/2012
Date of approval : still waiting
Date of receipt of approval: tbc
Date of ceremony: tbc

I have a simple application, I even tried calling the helpline number, but there is no one to speak to (wonder why they give the number if there is no one there to talk). I am wondering as there are people who have submitted even in March and have got response. Any suggestions what to do??

absvis
Newly Registered

Post by absvis » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:07 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 yr (work permit + Tier 1) + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Hounslow)

also still waiting, however not contacted anyone. Some got their approvals after 5 or even after 6 months, no idea what is the method they use to decide on approvals...but all that can be done is wait.

fjm
Newly Registered

Post by fjm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:30 am

Thanks, I have checked on other topics and have noted similar issues with people who submitted their application in October or November. Lets see what happens

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:29 pm

fjm wrote:Thanks, I have checked on other topics and have noted similar issues with people who submitted their application in October or November. Lets see what happens
Perhaps it is quality control and that some applications are chosen to be scrutinised at random or checked twice?

trs2011
- thin ice -

Re: still waiting

Post by trs2011 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:26 pm

fjm wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 yr (work permit + Tier 1) + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (Newham)

I have a simple application, I even tried calling the helpline number, but there is no one to speak to (wonder why they give the number if there is no one there to talk). I am wondering as there are people who have submitted even in March and have got response. Any suggestions what to do??
Sorry to hear that you still waiting but i think that the reason is that your application was one of the very few which can randomly be picked and goes through thorough checks with various Gvt departments . I can remember during my time at university , when we wrote exams , for quality control , examiners from other universities would come and pick maybe 5 out of 100 papers and relook at the way they were marked etc , that is the same with UKBA , i believe . So yours might have been picked , so they will be waiting for results before they give a final decision .

fjm
Newly Registered

Post by fjm » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Could this be a co incident that different people from the same month are still waiting. I have know two more people who applied in Nov and are still waiting to hear back. All others who have applied subsequently have got their responses.