ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Money already invested after application submitted.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

therock
Member of Standing

Money already invested after application submitted.

Post by therock » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi, I have a strange problem. The third party bank statements, bank letters etc I submitted with my application back in December were equal to more than £50,000+, but now after drop in Pakistan rupee currency, the balance now equals to around £49,250 or something.

I have invested around £3,000-£3,500 I have invoices etc for these investments. My question is, what shall I do? if the case worker opens O&A website now and tries to check the balance it will be less than £50,000 and I will be in trouble.

What are your guys opinion, shall I send a covering letter to justify the drop to £49,000 by giving proofs of investments?

Looking forward for your responses.

gulrose786

Re: Money already invested after application submitted.

Post by gulrose786 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:12 pm

therock wrote:Hi, I have a strange problem. The third party bank statements, bank letters etc I submitted with my application back in December were equal to more than £50,000+, but now after drop in Pakistan rupee currency, the balance now equals to around £49,250 or something.

I have invested around £3,000-£3,500 I have invoices etc for these investments. My question is, what shall I do? if the case worker opens O&A website now and tries to check the balance it will be less than £50,000 and I will be in trouble.

What are your guys opinion, shall I send a covering letter to justify the drop to £49,000 by giving proofs of investments?

. Hello dear you don't need to worry about exchange rate read policy guidance. Exchange rate at the time of submission of application will be considered through out for u. Good luck

sak78
Newly Registered

Post by sak78 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:17 pm

i meet the guy in consultant agency .

he had the same problem and he got refused just because of some hundred pounds.

hope this will not happen with u ....good luck

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Also, which price the home office looks for. Selling price or Buying price? Do they enter Pakistan Rupees in left side of OANDA site or right side?

Any explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:28 pm

In point 91 of page 17 in Guidance policy; it is stated as follow:

"If the money is not held in pounds sterling, we will use the rate of
conversion on the Oanda website at www.oanda.com to convert the money into pounds sterling, using the exchange rate that applies on the date of the application."

Logically PKR value should be on left side if money is in Pak.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Money already invested after application submitted.

Post by rehan01 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:03 pm

its better to be safe than sorry so try to get the balance of ur account upto £50,000 as per exchange rate of the date of submission of the application, Technically they should calculate the conversion on that as per policy guidance.

regards

therock wrote:Hi, I have a strange problem. The third party bank statements, bank letters etc I submitted with my application back in December were equal to more than £50,000+, but now after drop in Pakistan rupee currency, the balance now equals to around £49,250 or something.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Many Thanks rehan brother.

Legal Advisor

Post by Legal Advisor » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi Rehan brother, I've been following this forum for quite a while and been seeing your's and some other members' feedbacks regularly. May I have your email address to contact you on?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi legal advisor,

U can post ur question on forum I guess many of us will read n it will elp many of us but still if u contact me thn feel free to pm me I m regularly checking forum post.

Regards

Legal Advisor wrote:Hi Rehan brother, I've been following this forum for quite a while and been seeing your's and some other members' feedbacks regularly. May I have your email address to contact you on?