ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried partner visa FLR(m) refused....help required pls

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rockspine1981
Newly Registered

Unmarried partner visa FLR(m) refused....help required pls

Post by rockspine1981 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi

I am male Pakistani and my partner is Portuguese and she has a daughter before we met.
i have got the refusal for the unmarried partner visa ...the ground they raised is they don't think we are having a genuine relationship...

I mentioned in the application that we are not living together as we both work in different cities but we are together for last 5 years ....and see each other every weekend....
Also before applying for the visa in the application i have mentioned that we are getting married on 20th April 2013... now they have given me the right of appeal and ask for the evidence to prove the relationship is genuine....
By the time we will go for hearing i will be married and circumstances would have changed...

Can you please advice and help what kind of proof we shall support with the appeal and the marriage certificate would be helpful enough to win the appeal.?

I would be very thankful for your kind and positive consideration....thanks a lot

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 pm

An appeal will take ages (six months or more) so why not simply re-apply after the marriage?

rockspine1981
Newly Registered

Post by rockspine1981 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:46 pm

hi thanks for reply
actually my visa status before i applied was student...and if i wait till the date i am getting married will be counted as overstayed...my appeal deadline to be lodge is 9th of april 2013...therefore if i reapply after getting married i be counted overstayed applicant....

One question , getting married and appealing for unmarried partner visa would be helpful or it would be just refused because i applied as an unmarried partner at first place...

Thanks for reply

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Okay, I was misdirected when you said visa as that would automatically imply an entry clearance. Visas are not issued inside the UK.

An appeal will be based on the original application and the circumstances. I suggest you follow that route and then, if unsuccessful, leave and apply for entry clearance based on the marriage.

rockspine1981
Newly Registered

Post by rockspine1981 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:57 pm

thanks very much for your replies , very helpful indeed.

one more thing , i am living in uk and i applied within uk , can i put on a parallel application for spouse married partner visa...?