ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complaining against UKBA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cgarcia
Newly Registered

Complaining against UKBA

Post by cgarcia » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Has anyone made a complaint against the UKBA to the European Commission (breaching European Directive 2004/38/EC) or other authority (poor service, unprofessional conduct and misleading advice)?
I am gathering info to make a complaint against the UKBA so I would be interested to hear about other people's experiences.

Also, does anyone know who I should complain to when the UKBA does not reply to a complain submitted to ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk?

Thanks!

boloney

Re: Complaining against UKBA

Post by boloney » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 pm

cgarcia wrote:Has anyone made a complaint against the UKBA to the European Commission (breaching European Directive 2004/38/EC) or other authority (poor service, unprofessional conduct and misleading advice)?
I am gathering info to make a complaint against the UKBA so I would be interested to hear about other people's experiences.

Also, does anyone know who I should complain to when the UKBA does not reply to a complain submitted to ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk?

Thanks!
I complained to my local MP and MEPs about delay in sending me SAR. took them 6 months instead 40 days. at least it did speed them up little bit.

nanny

Post by nanny » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:34 pm

cgarcia wrote:Has anyone made a complaint against the UKBA to the European Commission (breaching European Directive 2004/38/EC) or other authority (poor service, unprofessional conduct and misleading advice)?

Thanks!
Hello i just found out the name of the person you should contact and send the email to with a covering letter about every thing that uk ba is doing wrong to us all his name is( Laszlo Andor) of the European comission and he does not take any shit from David Cameron.. if you also go on daily mail online you will see how he attack David cameron about what he said last week and he said he is very sure they are breaking a lot of rules that they the european commission is not aware of so basically if we know of any thing tell him and he will bring it to the public i am sending him a letter, and im also trying to get his email good luck.
Nanny here

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:53 am

Due to poor performance,ukba already abolished.so no point of complain against ukba as ukba is not exist any more.
So wait for few days.Immigration and visa service soon take control over ukba without executive powers.
I am hopeful immigration and visa service will provide a good quality service within the time period.

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Imshzd, what do you mean? I have just been on the UKBA's website and read the statement that says what you said, but I did not understand what it means

Can you clarify if you have any more information?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Ukba was a agency with executive powers,(power means they can do any thing,i.e,arrest peoples on roads,shops,homes and deport forcibly with the use of their agency status powers unless court orders).
Last year due to poor and shameful performance ukba was split and uk border force was formed to control all uk ports,i.e,air ports and sea ports.
After that uk government gave a chance to ukba to improve their services,but ukba failed to improve the service and called turbled agency.
Few days ago due to burden on economy and due to poor performance and lack of legal initial decession etc etc it was abolished and split in to two as
Immigration and visa service(this will deal with visa and immigration applications under the control of ministers in home office) and second is
Immigration and law enforcement organisation(this will enforce the immigration laws)
Both of these don't have the agency status so it means both of these will work under the ministers,which used to be in 2007/8.
So after these changes we all are hopeful that all applications will solve in the time period and no immigration officer will deport any one unless proper procedure will follow under the instruction of home office.
Hopefully in next few days home office will up date the web site and give the details of these changes.

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks!
Hi cgarcia,

When I didn't receive a response in the 20 days from the complaints email address, and sent the email again, copying in Rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - after doing this twice, I got a response!

Good luck!
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:48 pm

flipper77 wrote:

Thanks!
Hi cgarcia,

When I didn't receive a response in the 20 days from the complaints email address, and sent the email again, copying in Rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - after doing this twice, I got a response!

Good luck!
Just write to Rob Whiteman and should be enough, that is what I did and with in 3 weeks I got my PR, good luck.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Hey guys seems like u all got a response after contacting Rob , my friend has been trying to contact him for the last couple of weeks and he still hasn't got a response

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:33 pm

sara1991 wrote:Hey guys seems like u all got a response after contacting Rob , my friend has been trying to contact him for the last couple of weeks and he still hasn't got a response
Rob is no more chief in ukba.

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:40 pm

REALLY?? then how is he answering other people?!!

Any alternative as to how to complaint against the UKBA for delay?

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:48 pm

sara1991 wrote:REALLY?? then how is he answering other people?!!

Any alternative as to how to complaint against the UKBA for delay?
Rob replied peoples before 26th of march,now he is still in home office immigration department on the same rank but with limited powers.at the moment home office dealing with the new changes.
let's wait what will happen in next few days,as there is no more information released.
People still use the same address for their applications and same address until further releases.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Nothing clear now as there is no more press release so far after abolishment of ukba.

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 pm

[quote="Imshzd"]Nothing clear now as there is no more press release so far after abolishment of ukba.[/quote]

Oh my god so what will happen to people's application now after abolishement of ukba

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:13 pm

sara1991 wrote:
Imshzd wrote:Nothing clear now as there is no more press release so far after abolishment of ukba.

Oh my god so what will happen to people's application now after abolishement of ukba
Just an hour ago it was in news paper

So will the new proposals work? On the same day as May's announcement, permanent secretary Mark Sedwill (in a widely leaked internal memo) told staff: "Most of us will still be doing the same job in the same place with the same colleagues for the same boss and with the same mission".

So don't worry now as nothing changes enforce at the moment and same peoples dealing with the application.

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:24 pm

sara1991 wrote:Hey guys seems like u all got a response after contacting Rob , my friend has been trying to contact him for the last couple of weeks and he still hasn't got a response
I'd say with the UKBA 'shutting down', he's probably been quite busy! I do suggest writing to his email address on a business day, and early in the day - I seem to recall on his automated response that queries received after 2 or 3pm wouldn't be answered until the following day (and in my experience - that particular query wasn't answered at all!)

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Thank you flipper but my friend wrote to him before 2 and still
No answer, let's suppose people write to him after 3pm, isn't he supposed to amswer the following day??

Pretty wierd isn't it? Now I just want to know how can the ukba abolishement benefit us? Is the new company going to solve backlogs in a short period of time?

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:48 pm

a complaint was raised in relation to:
= the way my wife was spoken to on 7th feb at a reporting even.... complaint ignored.
= failure to return my passport when requested
= failure to issue correct COA for wife...
= the complete attitude of UKBA towards everybody it speaks to (they told my wife that they cannot discuss her case with her only her solicitor???? - she has no appointed solicitor???)

start of march (about 13th) reitterated complaint, gave them seven days to respond... message was forwarded to ukba in solihull...
no further response

23th march, wrote a letter to my mp, as he had agreed to support our complaint to parlimentary ombudsman.

27th march, mp wrote to ukba...

today: chasing up mp to now refer the case to P.O. - and will write letter directly to P.O. also... - i also pointed out that ukba are splitting... perhaps this is the issue with them?

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:55 pm

sara1991 wrote:let's suppose people write to him after 3pm, isn't he supposed to amswer the following day??
Yes, that is exactly what I said.

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:47 am

Well he just never does[/quote]

Oke1

About ukba trance late

Post by Oke1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:53 am

Dear fellow forum

I really appreciate all ur consign on ukb
If all of us can stand for our right I thinks
We will sleep well at night when our
Application is with ukb because I know
So many people can't sleep well when their
Application is still with ukb but one things
I know is this if every one of us can read
And know what article hold us on each
Application we mad I thinks we will be k
And we should let European Union know
How ukba trance late all the article for
As we don't know what is exert article

For example in article (7-15) that hold
ROR European Union say if u her with ur
Partner in any European state and ur
Married end ones u can prove that AT
The day that the divource initiated that
Ur eea wife is doing is treat right u can
Ror but because must of us don't hv time
To read just hv time to chase lawyer with
Our little wages that is not a naff we still
Beg to pay on what we can read.

Again ukba say in (eea2-ee4) if u her applying
As non eea on the groung of devource
U need to hv prove that on the day that
They finalise the apsolute ur eea must
Still working so tell me if we can read
Why can't we complain this to European
Union for rong translation on that (article)

Again law say ones u hv Devource with any
One u hv know right to call them on phone
Talkles of going close to their house so tell
Me how can u get a document from who u
Hv go to court and divource, expect her to
Give u is paper if that me must of us will
Turn to beggar if not we must to live uk
Because we can begs so tell me because
We refeused to read to know law that buy
Our right pls fellow member in forum
Let us used this forum to help our self
And our follower remember that their her