ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help need plz..regarding 5 years lawful residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Juschill2013
Newly Registered

Urgent help need plz..regarding 5 years lawful residence

Post by Juschill2013 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:44 pm

hello everyone..
well my question is regarding 5 years lawful residence.. i got my indefinite leave to remain in january 2010. my case was under lagacy cases.. i have been in this country since 1998.

my question is that i am going to apply for british nationality but the problem is that nationality checking service ask me to provide 5 years lawful residence.. i can provide from january 2010 till now 2013. which is approx 3 years.. but they ask me to provide from march or april 2008.. so i have got a gap from march/april 2008 till january 2010.. they dont accept bank statements..GP letters..etc..
so i am really confused what shall i do. cos nationality checking service staff told me that ur application can b refused..
does it really matter if i cant proof my lawful residence between 2008 till 2010..my previous passport was expired in 2001 n it has been lost since den ..

plz tell me or if anyone has a same situation ..

i will really appreicate your help.. many thanks..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent help need plz..regarding 5 years lawful residence

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:01 am

Juschill2013 wrote:hello everyone..
well my question is regarding 5 years lawful residence.. i got my indefinite leave to remain in january 2010. my case was under lagacy cases.. i have been in this country since 1998.

my question is that i am going to apply for british nationality but the problem is that nationality checking service ask me to provide 5 years lawful residence.. i can provide from january 2010 till now 2013. which is approx 3 years.. but they ask me to provide from march or april 2008.. so i have got a gap from march/april 2008 till january 2010.. they dont accept bank statements..GP letters..etc..
so i am really confused what shall i do. cos nationality checking service staff told me that ur application can b refused..
does it really matter if i cant proof my lawful residence between 2008 till 2010..my previous passport was expired in 2001 n it has been lost since den ..

plz tell me or if anyone has a same situation ..

i will really appreicate your help.. many thanks..
If you were granted on the basis of 'this leave was granted exceptionally outside the immigration rules' (this will be on your immigration status document) then it's outside the rules and you can apply after 12 months. Tell the NCS team to call a caseworker at the HO.

Juschill2013
Newly Registered

Post by Juschill2013 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 pm

please guys help me.. i am really confused..?

cobra

Post by cobra » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:16 am

If you haven`t please these:
1. IS 96, you should have it if you came in UK as an asylum seeker and were reporting weekly/Monthly basic.

2. NASS 45 if you were receiving cash support from the the Home office or NASS 81 if you were receiving voucher support from the Home office.

Juschill2013
Newly Registered

Post by Juschill2013 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:10 am

cobra wrote:If you haven`t please these:
1. IS 96, you should have it if you came in UK as an asylum seeker and were reporting weekly/Monthly basic.

2. NASS 45 if you were receiving cash support from the the Home office or NASS 81 if you were receiving voucher support from the Home office.
well no i wast recieving any sort of things..i was jus waiting for my decision n den in januray 2010 i got my ILR under lagacy case..