ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FAMILY PERMIT IN THE UKRAINE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

married already
Newly Registered

FAMILY PERMIT IN THE UKRAINE

Post by married already » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:11 pm

Hi, all.

I have the following situation:

I have been studying in the UK for five years. Unfortunately, my student visa was declined on the third year of my studies, but I decided to remain in the UK whatsoever. I met a Latvian bloke and we dated for 1,5 years. Finally, he proposed and we got married in Kiev in December 2006.

At the British Embassy in Kiev I was slightly rebuked at for not a timely arrival back to the Ukraine. However the CEO told that I'd be returning back to the UK in two months' time.

Now, the fourth month is about to start and I have no news. We called the authorities at the embassy in Kiev many times, they responded that our family permit application had been sent to the HO for a check up, however no reply had been given as yet.

Some people I know pleaded for help to an MP in appropriate constituency and the decision has been sent in 5 days with an apology by the HO officials.

Anyone could suggest the possible ways of resolving this situation or at least how to give the HO a prod?

PS: The CEO has given my passport back straight away though I thought he would retain it.

Thank you

hanna

Post by hanna » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi,there,I have a ukrainian friend who got married to a refugee who has got an english passport,they had to wait 1 year for his permit to entry UK.It is getting harder these days to get any tipe of visa to uk.But do not worry it is just a matter of time,sooner or later you will get your visa.Anna

married already
Newly Registered

Post by married already » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:22 am

hanna wrote:Hi,there,I have a ukrainian friend who got married to a refugee who has got an english passport,they had to wait 1 year for his permit to entry UK.It is getting harder these days to get any tipe of visa to uk.But do not worry it is just a matter of time,sooner or later you will get your visa.Anna
Thank you, Anna

married already
Newly Registered

Post by married already » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:30 am

Any questions or suggestions are welcome, guys :D

...a friend in need is a friend indeed...

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:51 pm

Hey Married,

Congrats on the wedding! Can you answer some questions:

1. Was it the EEA family permit you applied for? How long has your partner been in the UK and in what capacity?
2. Did you manage to finish your course? (if it was a degree it would help you so much in finding a job in the UK if you did finish it)

If you applied for an EEA family permit, then it can take up to a maximum 6 months to be issued. So if you applied in December '06, you should get it by May/June this year. I don't know why the ECO (or CEO!? Of a major company? :D) told you 2 months- s/he might have just been getting your hopes up, sometimes it take exactly 6 months. You can contact them, but they might not hurry it along because they would feel they are still within the 6 month time limit.

married already
Newly Registered

Post by married already » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:39 pm

sakura wrote:Hey Married,

Congrats on the wedding! Can you answer some questions:

1. Was it the EEA family permit you applied for? How long has your partner been in the UK and in what capacity?
2. Did you manage to finish your course? (if it was a degree it would help you so much in finding a job in the UK if you did finish it)

If you applied for an EEA family permit, then it can take up to a maximum 6 months to be issued. So if you applied in December '06, you should get it by May/June this year. I don't know why the ECO (or CEO!? Of a major company? :D) told you 2 months- s/he might have just been getting your hopes up, sometimes it take exactly 6 months. You can contact them, but they might not hurry it along because they would feel they are still within the 6 month time limit.

Hi. Thank you for your questions. Yes, it was an EEA family permit application. I got my visa yesterday. They had issued it on the 3 January 2007 however, the secretary made a mistake in my email address when sending the confirmation, that's why by the pure chance I was not aware of it. Silly, isn't it?