ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Solihull PEO to ask for upfront payment for iLR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mano82

Solihull PEO to ask for upfront payment for iLR?

Post by Mano82 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:42 pm

I got to know from a Solicitor yesterday that Solihull like other PEOs will ask for payment before looking into the case from 1st April 2013? Any one else heard about this pls?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Solihull PEO to ask for upfront payment for iLR?

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Mano82 wrote:I got to know from a Solicitor yesterday that Solihull like other PEOs will ask for payment before looking into the case from 1st April 2013? Any one else heard about this pls?
I haven't heard any thing.Thank You for letting know. May be with the New Form coming up from 06/04,all PEOs have been instructed to be consistent with the Payment procedure. Trust it's not an April Fools joke in advance.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Kevin24 wrote: I haven't heard any thing.Thank You for letting know. May be with the New Form coming up from 06/04,all PEOs have been instructed to be consistent with the Payment procedure. Trust it's not an April Fools joke in advance.
In that case, it is more likely to start from 6th April, rather than 1st April.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:40 am

Hi , It looks like going forward one has to pay the fee while booking the appointment itself. If it is just the booking fee of 100 pounds then it is fine. Otherwise , if it is the whole fee then obviously it will be taken upfront by all PEO.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:49 pm

dk2011 wrote:Hi , It looks like going forward one has to pay the fee while booking the appointment itself. If it is just the booking fee of 100 pounds then it is fine. Otherwise , if it is the whole fee then obviously it will be taken upfront by all PEO.
I am curious about what will happen to appointments booked before 6th April for application dates after 6th April .

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:55 pm

alanwong wrote:
dk2011 wrote:Hi , It looks like going forward one has to pay the fee while booking the appointment itself. If it is just the booking fee of 100 pounds then it is fine. Otherwise , if it is the whole fee then obviously it will be taken upfront by all PEO.
I am curious about what will happen to appointments booked before 6th April for application dates after 6th April .
If this is true,then until 27th April, 12/12 version of SET O form and New Visa fees. After 27th 06/04 Version of SET O form and New Visa Fees.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:09 pm

Kevin24 wrote: If this is true,then until 27th April, 12/12 version of SET O form and New Visa fees. After 27th 06/04 Version of SET O form and New Visa Fees.
Hi, Kelvin, I mean whether one has to pay for the booking which is made before 6th April.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:41 pm

alanwong wrote:
Kevin24 wrote: If this is true,then until 27th April, 12/12 version of SET O form and New Visa fees. After 27th 06/04 Version of SET O form and New Visa Fees.
Hi, Kelvin, I mean whether one has to pay for the booking which is made before 6th April.
Hi! Alan,

Interesting question? We will have to wait and see till 06/04 ,for the new SET O form and Guidance. Have they take the money when you booked? i.e: £100. I doubt they will take it at that point,because of the logistics involved.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:04 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
alanwong wrote: Hi! Alan,

Interesting question? We will have to wait and see till 06/04 ,for the new SET O form and Guidance. Have they take the money when you booked? i.e: £100. I doubt they will take it at that point,because of the logistics involved.
No payment is required so far for booking.

For example, they can require people to make payment for existing booking. If not paid then it can be cancelled automatically?

jaberdene

Post by jaberdene » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:15 pm

what about FLR (M) form? new one will come out before 06/04?

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:18 pm

jaberdene wrote:what about FLR (M) form? new one will come out before 06/04?
I think all forms will be updated, because there is an increase to fees for all applications, is not there?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:50 pm

alanwong wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
alanwong wrote: Hi! Alan,

No payment is required so far for booking.

For example, they can require people to make payment for existing booking. If not paid then it can be cancelled automatically?
They will take the £100,booking fee at the time of your PEO booking,along with the rest of the visa fess.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:53 pm

jaberdene wrote:what about FLR (M) form? new one will come out before 06/04?
I am expecting all the Updated Forms and Guidance to be out by next week. Before 06/04.

GenX

Post by GenX » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:04 am

Hi all ,

I am planning to take two appointments in may.
one in Croydon and second one in Solihull.

This is just because I have heard in Solihull fees is taken after iLR approval. And since from 6 April we will have to pay 100 pounds for appointments so what I am thinking is to book an appointment now itself.

The idea is that if in Solihull after 6 April the fees rule will not change and they will continue taking fees after ILR approval then I will go to Solihull but if the rule will change and they will take fees before IlR approval then I will go to Croydon. Please let me know if this is fine and can I book two appointments. Will it cause any negative affect on my application. Obviously I will cancel one of the appointment once I will get confirmed news about Solihull fees intake process.

Please guide me.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 am

Where is all this comimg from.
Post Ukba links or stop speculating.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:58 am

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:Where is all this comimg from.
I agree there is no point speculating!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

GenX

Post by GenX » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:34 am

I know what you are saying but since some members have posted this information so I need to take a decision. Please confirm if I can take two appointments in two different place on same date and I ill cancel one of them after 6 th April. Will it affect my application?

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:38 am

GenX wrote:

I know what you are saying but since some members have posted this information so I need to take a decision. Please confirm if I can take two appointments in two different place on same date and I ill cancel one of them after 6 th April. Will it affect my application?
I think it is not illegal at least to do that.
If you get them cancelled 48 hours before the appointment date, I can not see any problem.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:45 am

Memebrs can post anything, is there anything official at all? I can find anything, so why be bothered about mere speculation.

Even if UKBA were to do it they will give enough notice to start charging etc and for you to plan.

As far as double booking, a friend of mine had a case where both his appointments were cancelled as they found out. Both in the same PEO.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Yes, there have been several reports in the recent past, where those who have made multiple bookings have lost all appointments. The UKBA now appear to be enforcing their policy where they say applicants should not make multiple speculative bookings - by manually checking for applicants who violate this rule.

april3
Newly Registered

Post by april3 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Mano82 wrote:I got to know from a Solicitor yesterday that Solihull like other PEOs will ask for payment before looking into the case from 1st April 2013? Any one else heard about this pls?
Just been to Solihull for ILR today, interview was conducted first then payment. May be the new scheme of payment first starts after 6th april as others have mentioned

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:37 pm

I had attended Solihull PEO and I was told by the CW that from 6th Apr onwards all PEO will be working uniformly..

Regarding diff appoinments on the same day.. I had taken 2 diff appointments.. teh security said they will inform teh CW abt this as its on the same day and it shud be fine..

When I went to the CW she said she cant club it as its 2 diff appointments and when i told her abt the response I saw online from UKBA .she checked with her senior and agreed to process together.. I will post my experience shortly as there were some good surprises which I shud ve taken care! :)

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Mano82 wrote:I had attended Solihull PEO and I was told by the CW that from 6th Apr onwards all PEO will be working uniformly..

Regarding diff appoinments on the same day.. I had taken 2 diff appointments.. teh security said they will inform teh CW abt this as its on the same day and it shud be fine..

When I went to the CW she said she cant club it as its 2 diff appointments and when i told her abt the response I saw online from UKBA .she checked with her senior and agreed to process together.. I will post my experience shortly as there were some good surprises which I shud ve taken care! :)
Work uniformly? Can you please elaborate this? With fee rise, they should provide better service.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Mano82 wrote:I had attended Solihull PEO and I was told by the CW that from 6th Apr onwards all PEO will be working uniformly..

Please post your Experience. Looking forward to read it. Hope other than the surprises, every thing went off well for you.

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Kevin dear..:) Yes ..I am yet to come out of the feeling.. Will surely post it in the weekend..Quite held up at the moment ..