ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application process for calling wife from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tazidle
Newly Registered

Application process for calling wife from Pakistan

Post by tazidle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to Pakistan in a few weeks to get married. I was born in the UK and have a full time job, and live with parents in 4 bedroom house..I was divorced a few years ago with 2 young children, and have the decree absolute.

What paperwork do I need to take with me for my wifes application?

Any help on the application process will be appreciated.

Thanks.

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:37 pm

Hi,

Congrats on the wedding and good luck, you need to apply for a spouse Visa and your spouse needs to fill in form VAF2, have a look at the following link:-

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 8996322363

Also do a search in this forum as there is loads of information in regard to supporting evidence etc etc .

ZD

Post by ZD » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:26 pm

Also make sure you obtain a TB certificate! New requirment since March 2007.

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:39 am

I recently did the same thing. All the documentation I took is listed here;

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=14468

I wish I had known then, what I know now. When you go, take all your bank statements, paychecks, phone bills/letters/emails. File the application soon after the wedding (because the whole process takes 3 months), and include lots of wedding photos, copies of your invitations, marriage certificate (English copy).

When it comes to documentation, more is better, I feel.

Good luck!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Also make sure you obtain a TB certificate! New requirment since March 2007.
For the avoidance of doubt, it is not tazidle that needs to TB certificate. It is the visa applicant ... his wife.

Whilst new to Pakistan the requirement for TB certificate has been in operation in a number of countries for some while. So it is possible to say that it is an absolute requirement ... no TB certificate = automatic visa refusal.

But to make it clear, the TB certificate requirement applies only to visas of more than 6 months duration, but also to fiancé(e) and proposed civil partner visas, and to EEA Family Permits. It does not apply to visitor visa and student visa applications where the visa is to be of 6 months duration or less.
John