ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying late for Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 am

thanks a lot guys..you guys are really awesome !

I will act upon as you say ..let c what happens..

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi Mela,

just a quick question.when u were contacted by UKBA hw did they contact ? phone,email,post and how many days were u given?

thx

Mela

Post by Mela » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm

n8net wrote:Hi Mela,

just a quick question.when u were contacted by UKBA hw did they contact ? phone,email,post and how many days were u given?

thx
I was contacted via email asking to submit required documents within 7 days of this email, it was mentioned that no further attmepts will be given. as far as im ever 7 days is pretty much of a standard

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:52 am

ok thx Mela . ur a star !

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:51 am

just an update guys
i hv received the bio metrics - would like to know if that conveys anything about the status of my application or is it just a formality?

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:02 pm

n8net wrote:just an update guys
i hv received the bio metrics - would like to know if that conveys anything about the status of my application or is it just a formality?
it just means your application may not be returned as invalid, i.e. payment is taken without the problem, photo meets the requirements, in general your application form dont have missing pages and all signatures are in place. Casweworker can not start consideration process until your application pack contains all required items, and biometrics is one of those.

Please be aware that the processing times improved a lot, i recived approval within 10 days i submitted biometrics. In your case you want to strech the time, so the best is to submit biometrics on the last day of the deadddline you are given in a letter, this buys you at least some time.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:55 pm

hi guys - I hv received a letter from UKBA asking for statement to go back to 1st of November 2012 - even though I am only claiming points for the period from 19th Nov 12 - 15th Feb 2013.

I don't knw why this is..

The main problem the letter is dated 18th March 2013 and asked to submit within 7 days..the problm is i only saw the letter now..did nt receive the letter until Friday it might hv been delivered saturday as I was away this weekend.

what can I do ? any1 with previous exp.? no chance additional extension ? it looks like there hv been delays with the postage....since it is recorded-signed for sure we can track when it was actually delivered ? i simple do not hv enough time to get the original statement as back as Nov 2012 within couple of days - as HSBC would nt even sign online .

any advice guys?

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Go to nearest HSBC branch and ask them give a print out of the statement and ask them to stamp it... You can also ask them to give you a lette confirming that you hold an account with them and they certify the data mentioned in the statement ...many people in this forum have done it like this...check similar post for this in this forum

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:16 am

but HSBC has told me it is their policy nt to stamp..

the main prblm I hv here is the post rechignme delayed.

why cant UKBA contact via email ? and is there anything I can do to buy tim e?

I wud rather sumit late with the originals than submitting early with copies?

any advice ? also my letter is dated 18th March 2013 is the 7 day is counted including that or excluding ?

plz guys..greatly appreciate any speedy replies.

thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 am

See response by mulderpf about CharingX & Covent Garden branches who print statements on the spot: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=126207

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi guys,

I am very happy to tell you that I got my VISA finally and would like to thank all the members of this forum and especially Mela and cs95tdg
for those vaulable inputs.

I feel a massive relief and think I had pulled off somehting remarkable under huge pressure I had some other major issues to deal with at the same time too.

if Mela hadnt mentioned "high risk" ( I like risk taking) in her risk analysis of my situation I would hv not gone for the route,I finally did and thank her very much for that "sisterly" advice...(thanks to her - I was working in the mean time too)

I really feel I need to return the favour and buy you guys drinks if any of you are intersted for a meetup in London.

I ama frim believer of social power - and as people with common interests (UK immigration ) it wud be nice to hv periodic get togethers to share knowledge - it might be good for networking too.

I am open for suggestions if any of you are interested.

thanks a lot once again !

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Congrat's! Glad to hear it all worked out in the end. It may help others in a similar situation, if you could state what evidence you ultimately supplied and was accepted by the UKBA for your maintenance fund requirement. From what I recall you had a short fall of 1 day to meet the 90 day balance requirement on the date you applied and were looking to submit a foreign fixed deposit statement to satisfy this requirement instead of using your local account. Is this what you ultimately did (or did you do something different)? And was it accepted by the UKBA to satisfy your maintenance fund requirement?

I am asking these questions so that others can gain by your experience if reading this topic in the future.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 am

hi,

ya.I was short of one day.I sent the application with a cover letter acknoeldging the fact that I am short of one day (was honest) and said
I could have waited for one day and still apllied - but did not want to be a over stayer blah blah..

they asked me to send additional statements .but since I got that letter late I cud not send them back and even before that my application had been approved.

may be my immigration history and other things being straitforward helped.
so did the help from the members of this forum .

i really owe u guys atleast a drink if any1 is up for it.

thanks a lot.