ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI sticky is over loaded

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Times
Newly Registered

OCI sticky is over loaded

Post by Times » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:59 am

Hello All,

I was trying to find answer to my question on the OCI Sticky but it spans across so many pages, with some totally irrelavent topic, i lost sight and instead thought i'll ask it seperately.

Basically I need to apply for OCI with my family ( 2 adult & 1 child).
I went to the High commission in london but unfortunately only the first 15 applicants are allowed so i missed on the token.

When inquirying about the process of applying i was told to go to the http://www.mha.nic.in/oci/oci-main.htm website and apply online and once i receive the confirmation to come back with the documents to the high comm in london. Now i am slightly confused, the instructions for filling the Part A needs to be done online but it says to submit photos and documents. How can i do that online.

Can someone please provide a simple guide for applying for an OCI with family.

Thanks,
Times

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:00 pm

Welcome to the complicated world of OCI!

Basically, what you need to do is a few simple steps. No need to vist HCI-London

a) File online application for each applicant, and after you click 'submit' button, the website will generate a confirmation reference no: (in your case 3 separate confirmation references to note down)

b) The webpage gives you an option to print each application after submitting - so make sure you have a printer accessible.

c) There are two parts for each appl form. Part A comes automatically filled when you print, and part B has to be filled manually.

d) After filling part B manually, SIGN the forms.

e) "Duplicate" the application...means, now you will have two copies of the same application per person.

f) Attach all the following relevant documents to all application bundle.
Under normal cases, the document required for OCI will be :-
- old cancelled Indian passport pages (photo pages & back ) showing cancellation stamp (not sure about your kids situation in this case )
- Naturalisation certificate copy (birth cert for kid)
- Your current passport copy

No need of sending anything original, but make sure you add all the above to each application bundle; self attest the copies by signing, printing name, and date it.

e) PHOTOGRAPHS. You need total of 4 ( 35x35 ) original photos PER APPLICANT.

Stick one photo each on the space provided on both applications and the remaining 2 goes attached to the application bundle along with other docs.

f) Send all the application to the embassy by special/recorded delivery and wait for ack by checking the reference nos online.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Times
Newly Registered

Post by Times » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanks for the detailed response.

In that case will I have to pay the fees thrice? or will it be one considered one family application.

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:59 pm

Yes, as far as I'm aware OCI fee is per application.