ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tui32
Newly Registered

Marriage Visa

Post by Tui32 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi Guys
Would really appreciate someones help as Im so confused.
Ok so a year and a half ago I met a guy and to cut a long story short we're now engaged.
As he was only on a student visa he has now had to travel back to Africa before his visa expired.
He wants to come back to carry on his studies and also so that we can finally marry.
I've had a look at all of the relevant pages but Im finding it very confusing.
Im aware of the £18,600 income needed however I am on DLA so Im not sure if Im exempt or not?

I have recently been let go of a part time job however plan on getting a full time job for the next 6 months while Im off from uni. My fiancé also had a part time job when he was here, and will be returning to the same job once he returns.

I was just wondering where we stand in terms of him staying for good?

Tui32
Newly Registered

Post by Tui32 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 am

*bump*

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:44 pm

How will your fiance return to his part-time job without a valid visa permitting him to work? His 'prospective' future earnings can't be taken in consideration as he's not resident in the UK. I'm assuming that if you take a full-time job for 6 months this will affect your DLA payments?

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:16 pm

What type of DLA are you receiving? Is it on higher rate for personal care and mobility? , you must be on higher rate before you can be exempted.