ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M) Peo appointment tomorrow, Document check.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elv15

Set (M) Peo appointment tomorrow, Document check.

Post by elv15 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:33 pm

Hie Guys.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at Croydon Peo for my ILR after 2 year spouse visa. Below are the documents I have and I just thought I would ask for your opinions.

Set (M) form

2 x Passports

1 x Biometric Card

3 photographs, two me, one spouse with names at the back

Life in the Uk pass certificate

Marriage certificate

6 cohabitation Docs from 3 sources, Electric bills, water bills and council tax bills, all in joint names

3 months bank statements and 3 months payslips for me

3 months bank statements and 3 months payslips for wife, we had to request wife's statements from the bank and they came by post, how ever they look duplicate and the bank attached a letter saying they understand they are duplicate but all the information is the same, so we got them all stamped in the bank just to make sure.

Bankers draft addressed to Home Office worth £1377.

Photocopies of everything

What else have I left. I would appreciate your opinions, I have lots of other documents I'm taking for back up just in case.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set (M) Peo appointment tomorrow, Document check.

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 pm

elv15 wrote:6 cohabitation Docs from 3 sources, Electric bills, water bills and council tax bills, all in joint names.
Does these cover every quarter for the full two years? Cohab docs don't have to be in joint names, can be addressed individually to each of you at the same address.

My link below, ILR was success and took a couple of hours at PEO however not necessarily all the documents are needed, I just go completely prepared as UKBA are so unpredictable!!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

elv15

Re: Set (M) Peo appointment tomorrow, Document check.

Post by elv15 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
elv15 wrote:6 cohabitation Docs from 3 sources, Electric bills, water bills and council tax bills, all in joint names.
Does these cover every quarter for the full two years? Cohab docs don't have to be in joint names, can be addressed individually to each of you at the same address.

My link below, ILR was success and took a couple of hours at PEO however not necessarily all the documents are needed, I just go completely prepared as UKBA are so unpredictable!!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
Thanks CR001, I have previously read your post and its also helped me. Cohab docs do cover every 4 months of the 2 years, I do have lots of documents similar to yours in single name and joint names, I'm taking all just incase. As you said, Ukba are very unpredictable, I will also be applying for BC straight after ILR. Any tips you could give me for tomorrow's trip?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Be patient, the waiting gets a bit much at PEO but if you have everything and remain calm and papers are organised, you will be fine. I did find that the case worker asked me for some specific dated docs and if I didn't have it, explained why and suggested an alternative and they were happy with that. I think if you are interactive but not arrogant, you should be fine.

Shout if you need some assistance with your BC app. I applied even though I am separated from my husband and got approval in 6 weeks, ceremony two weeks after that, so all done now except waiting for approval for my daughter which should be a few weeks and then journey is finally over. :-)

Let us know how you get on and good luck.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:26 pm

CR001 wrote:Be patient, the waiting gets a bit much at PEO but if you have everything and remain calm and papers are organised, you will be fine. I did find that the case worker asked me for some specific dated docs and if I didn't have it, explained why and suggested an alternative and they were happy with that. I think if you are interactive but not arrogant, you should be fine.

Shout if you need some assistance with your BC app. I applied even though I am separated from my husband and got approval in 6 weeks, ceremony two weeks after that, so all done now except waiting for approval for my daughter which should be a few weeks and then journey is finally over. :-)

Let us know how you get on and good luck.
Thanks for the tips. Now I have a few questions,

Section 2A asks - If your partner was not British from birth, when did they obtain settlement in the UK? My wife got her ILR in 2002 but can not remember the date or month, would this be a problem?

Section 8.4 asks about her salary, she earns weekly and her salary can be anything between £500 to £700 depending with how many shifts she decided to work, what do I put because they ask for monthly figure?

My son is already a BC so I don't fill anything on section 3 correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Section 2A asks - If your partner was not British from birth, when did they obtain settlement in the UK? My wife got her ILR in 2002 but can not remember the date or month, would this be a problem? Fine to put 2002 and if asked explain - it is a long time ago and they should have these records anyway!!

Section 8.4 asks about her salary, she earns weekly and her salary can be anything between £500 to £700 depending with how many shifts she decided to work, what do I put because they ask for monthly figure? Might be best if you take the figure off her last P60 as that is annualised. My husband also got paid weekly and I think I averaged it out and wrote "+/- £xxx"

My son is already a BC so I don't fill anything on section 3 correct? Correc, although you can add the details if you wantt
Char (CR001 not Casa)

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:34 pm

CR001 wrote:Section 2A asks - If your partner was not British from birth, when did they obtain settlement in the UK? My wife got her ILR in 2002 but can not remember the date or month, would this be a problem? Fine to put 2002 and if asked explain - it is a long time ago and they should have these records anyway!!

Section 8.4 asks about her salary, she earns weekly and her salary can be anything between £500 to £700 depending with how many shifts she decided to work, what do I put because they ask for monthly figure? Might be best if you take the figure off her last P60 as that is annualised. My husband also got paid weekly and I think I averaged it out and wrote "+/- £xxx"

My son is already a BC so I don't fill anything on section 3 correct? Correc, although you can add the details if you wantt
Wow thanks for the quick replies, I'm also thinking of averaging her salary a month, although I'm taking P60, I don't think I can use figures from that because she has since changed jobs and now works part time. My appointment is at 11.40, I wish I had taken the first appointment slot of the day :(

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:37 pm

And remember that you can add an explanation in the Additional Information Page towards the back. But if you have all the weekly payslips, it will be fairly obvious that the pay fluctuates, so no problem if you average to monthly approximate.

You should be done within 3 hours or so. Is your wife attending with you??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:43 pm

CR001 wrote:And remember that you can add an explanation in the Additional Information Page towards the back. But if you have all the weekly payslips, it will be fairly obvious that the pay fluctuates, so no problem if you average to monthly approximate.

You should be done within 3 hours or so. Is your wife attending with you??
Yes my wife is coming. Will keep you up to date and if I have any more questions I will ask here. Thanks a lot CR001.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:45 pm

No problem, happy to help :-)

Good luck for tomorrow!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:49 pm

CR001 wrote:No problem, happy to help :-)

Good luck for tomorrow!!
Thanks. Do you think it's worth highlighting our salaries or income on the bank statements?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:51 pm

No, they know what they are looking for, so not neccessary! Got to make them do some work for the huge fees we have to pay! Lol
Char (CR001 not Casa)

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 pm

CR001 wrote:No, they know what they are looking for, so not neccessary! Got to make them do some work for the huge fees we have to pay! Lol
Haha, thanks again.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi Cr001, My ILR has been approved, wonderful experience, will post everything leta on, thanks for your support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Congratulations Elv15, wonderful news :-)

Look forward to hearing about your experience and next steps. Happy to help with any questions you have.

Char
Char (CR001 not Casa)

elv15

Post by elv15 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:11 pm