ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel to my home country (IRAQ)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haidarbaker
Newly Registered

Can I travel to my home country (IRAQ)?

Post by haidarbaker » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi,
I hold a BRP since Feb 2013 (No remarks on it) after applying for ILR in Aug 2012 based on refugee status was given in 2007.
I have an expired British Travel Documents (Blue) which was returned by the Home Office along with BRP card in this travel document stated clearly not to travel to Iraq as an exception.

If I get an Iraqi passport from London

1-Will I be able to travel to Iraq holding Iraqi passport and BRP only?
2-Does it affect my citizenship application at all when I apply next year?
3-Especially travel history section in the British Citizenship application form.

I hope some has gone to the same experience and can provide an adequate information.

Many Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can I travel to my home country (IRAQ)?

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 pm

haidarbaker wrote:Hi,
I hold a BRP since Feb 2013 (No remarks on it) after applying for ILR in Aug 2012 based on refugee status was given in 2007.
I have an expired British Travel Documents (Blue) which was returned by the Home Office along with BRP card in this travel document stated clearly not to travel to Iraq as an exception.

3-Especially travel history section in the British Citizenship application form.

I hope some has gone to the same experience and can provide an adequate information.

Many Thanks
There should be nothing stopping you now as you have not been told not to travel to Iraq. I imagine you were being persecuted before in Iraq? Providing you do not exceed your absence limit then travelling should not affect your application.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:03 pm

May I ask you why you are not allowed to travel to Iraq in the Home office documents?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:25 pm

Many Thanks
When it has been stated explicitly stated that you can't travel to Iraq, why do you want to take a risk. Get your British Citizenship and then travel to Iraq. Is there a very compelling reason that you want to go to Iraq.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:29 pm

stokbrig wrote:May I ask you why you are not allowed to travel to Iraq in the Home office documents?
This would most probably have been due to the OP originally arriving in the UK as a refugee from Iraq (i.e. for his safety). Note however as the OP has now settled in the UK, what he is saying is that, he no longer has any restrictions imposed on him (ILR BRP is restriction free), to say that he should not travel to Iraq. I however do not personally know what the implications are if he were to travel there now under a new passport. Others more knowledgeable on the subject may comment further.
D4109125 wrote:
There should be nothing stopping you now as you have not been told not to travel to Iraq. I imagine you were being persecuted before in Iraq? Providing you do not exceed your absence limit then travelling should not affect your application.

haidarbaker
Newly Registered

Post by haidarbaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:21 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Many Thanks
That is right I was given 5 years leave to remain upon arrival in 2007 because of danger was there on that time.
Thanks for your reply.

haidarbaker
Newly Registered

Post by haidarbaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:24 pm

stokbrig wrote:
May I ask you why you are not allowed to travel to Iraq in the Home office documents?
I was not allowed to travel to Iraq because I was granted as refugee on that time in 2006-2007. the old travel document stated that but not the new BRP.
thanks for your reply

haidarbaker
Newly Registered

Post by haidarbaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Many Thanks
When it has been stated explicitly stated that you can't travel to Iraq, why do you want to take a risk. Get your British Citizenship and then travel to Iraq. Is there a very compelling reason that you want to go to Iraq.
No there isn't any compelling reason, As I was given ILR in 2013 the question now is: Do I still have the same restriction as I had before on my 5 year LTR?. The new document BRP does not state any restriction or remarks.
Thanks for your reply.

haidarbaker
Newly Registered

Post by haidarbaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:32 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
stokbrig wrote:May I ask you why you are not allowed to travel to Iraq in the Home office documents?
This would most probably have been due to the OP originally arriving in the UK as a refugee from Iraq (i.e. for his safety). Note however as the OP has now settled in the UK, what he is saying is that, he no longer has any restrictions imposed on him (ILR BRP is restriction free), to say that he should not travel to Iraq. I however do not personally know what the implications are if he were to travel there now under a new passport. Others more knowledgeable on the subject may comment further.
D4109125 wrote:
it makes sense now, Can you tell me what the limits are? Many Thanks

haidarbaker
Newly Registered

Post by haidarbaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:33 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:51 pm

haidarbaker wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

Scroll down to absences

haidarbaker
Newly Registered

Post by haidarbaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 pm

D4109125 wrote:
haidarbaker wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:
D4109125 wrote: There should be nothing stopping you now as you have not been told not to travel to Iraq. I imagine you were being persecuted before in Iraq? Providing you do not exceed your absence limit then travelling should not affect your application.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

Scroll down to absences
GREAT THANK YOU