ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kindle

Citizenship Ceremony

Post by kindle » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Hello every one

I will attend my citizenship ceremony soon. Could you please tell me how long roughly the ceremony will take? I need to arrange my work that day. I am not sure if I need to ask for one day off or just two hours off? It takes 15 minutes walking to the town hall from my work place.

Thanks in advance.

kindle

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by kindle » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 pm

kindle wrote:Hello every one

I will attend my citizenship ceremony soon. Could you please tell me how long roughly the ceremony will take? I need to arrange my work that day. I am not sure if I need to ask for one day off or just two hours off? It takes 15 minutes walking to the town hall from my work place.

Thanks in advance.
Mine is a group Citizenship Ceremony.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:42 am

it depends how many people attendd in the group. my ceremony was 1.5 hours with tea and coffee afterwards. i took the day off to attend so that i didnt feel rushed and could enjoy the event.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:54 am

I would plan for 2-3 hours but checking with the council would be a better option.

kindle

Post by kindle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:25 pm

CR001 wrote:it depends how many people attendd in the group. my ceremony was 1.5 hours with tea and coffee afterwards. i took the day off to attend so that i didnt feel rushed and could enjoy the event.
Thanks CR001. Yes probably taking the day off is a good idea. I have been thinking about that I can't enjoy the ceremony if I worry about my work.

kindle

Post by kindle » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:38 pm

ban.s wrote:I would plan for 2-3 hours but checking with the council would be a better option.
Thanks ban.s. I rang the council this morning asking how many new citizens will attend the ceremony. The lady said 'there are 25 so far' and she said it will take about 30 minutes. Anyway I will try to ask for one day off to enjoy to my heart's content.