ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsor ticked shortage occup list wrongly urgent help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajasmore
Newly Registered

sponsor ticked shortage occup list wrongly urgent help

Post by rajasmore » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow I was planning to apply for Tier 2 general application. I got COS today. I am applying on SOC code 2132 with job title "programmer". My sponsor put all details correctly but ticked wrongly that my job comes under shortage Occupation list. I am really worried now as one wrong tick can cause refusal.
1. I am on PSW and mentioned this in my application as a reason to get exempted from RLMT so anyway I dont need RLMT so I dont require my job title in shortage occ. list.
2. COS cannot be amended after submission.

So can anyone tell me if I am in serious trouble .. :( .. I have to apply till the day after tomorrow as 6th April rules are changing. So I have 3 choices

1. I just go with my application, thinking that even if my job title is not in Short. occup. list they will consider my PSW.
2. Tell my HR to add sponsor note in live application that my job title is not in short. occup. list still I can be exempted since I already have PSW.
3. Tell my HR to give fresh new COS and cancel current COS.

Please reply ASAP ... I am in big panic here :( Which option shall I choose ????
Thanks in advance .....

ukbagod
Newly Registered

Post by ukbagod » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 am

Dear Rajasmore,

I refer to your questions posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 pm. As a reminder to all others under similar immigration conditions (error made in assigning CoS), certain points as per UKBA rules and advice must be given attention to detail.

1) As you are now holding a PSW, you will be automatically awarded the points required in the sponsorship section as per immigration rules. UKBA caseworker will overlook an error made as your current PSW status put you on the 'automatic' points category.

2) However, you may submit a simple letter to UKBA when you submit the passport with application cover sheet explaining this error in simple form. Although this is not necessary at all, you might want to do so to put your mind at ease. You will NOT have any problem in getting an approval (unless you have other non-stated issues) hence do not worry so much

3) It is highly advisable that you always keep photocopies and records of every communication and letters between you and UKBA.

4) Employers have access (under Sponsors Management System) to an email/ box where they (employer) can write any special notes to UKBA, in your case the errors they made etc.

I wish you every success and luck in your application. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to post it publicly here to help many others under similar circumstances.

Many thanks

UKBA God :)

rajasmore
Newly Registered

Post by rajasmore » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 am

Thank u so much !! :) I am really happy now and I can go ahead with my application ..... I am doing application on-line so I would definitely get copy of my application. Rest I will do as you have suggested ... I will post reply once I get results ... hope I have filled up rest of the application perfectly. 8)

vc555

Post by vc555 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 am

rajasmore wrote:Thank u so much !! :) I am really happy now and I can go ahead with my application ..... I am doing application on-line so I would definitely get copy of my application. Rest I will do as you have suggested ... I will post reply once I get results ... hope I have filled up rest of the application perfectly. 8)
Hi,

have you booked in person or post ? confused when u say "doing application on-line" ??

Thq

rajasmore
Newly Registered

Post by rajasmore » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:27 pm

oh .. I mean to say now UKBA have provided option where I can do application online and send supporting documents by post. Its a good option ... Thanks a lot for your advise ukbagod I was able to add sponsor note ... So now I feel I have applied properly.

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Could you tell us, what happen with you, was it very importer to chose the right job category or you exempted from that, cuz you switching from PSW ?