ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Book appointment first, then complete online application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scholarseekingILR
Newly Registered

Book appointment first, then complete online application?

Post by scholarseekingILR » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi all,

I have a premium appointment for renewing my tier 2 general visa next week.

After I booked the appointment I started completing the online application as I thought it'd save some hassle. But after I'm done, the system wants me to book a new appointment in order to submit the application - it does not recognize or let me use my existing appointment. Needless to say, no new appointments are available, and even if there were, they would be too far out in the future.

So, will I have to fill a paper application or can I still somehow apply online?

ukbagod
Newly Registered

Post by ukbagod » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:26 am

Dear ScholarseekingILR,

I refer to your questions posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:39 pm. As a reminder to all others under similar immigration conditions (appointment errors), certain points as per UKBA rules and advice must be given attention to detail.

1) Migrant wishing to apply under Premium Service must first make an application online and then you will need to book appointment at your preference PEO.

2) Applicant must first apply online (irrespective to their nature of applications, let ir be by post or premium). The reason for this is very simple. Not all PEO hava the facilities for all type of visa processing and UKBA also need to ensure slots are used effectively.

3) In your case, you have no option but to apply online first and then when you book appointment, you will come across a drop-down-box in which you must then select the premium option, which you must indicate when you fill the application form online.

4) It is highly advisable that you fill the application form before April 6th, 2013. Please also note that the recent abolishment of UKBA's agency status may have a slight impact in the waiting time, slots booking and technical glitch,

5) You should now cancel the appointment made without application-filled in and book a new slot once you have filled the form online. It will be much easier if you use another email to re-start your application so it will not be too difficult to find an appointment slot.

I wish you every success and luck in your application. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to post it publicly here to help many others under similar circumstances.

Many thanks

UKBA God :)

scholarseekingILR
Newly Registered

Post by scholarseekingILR » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm

ukbagod, I think you are wrong. The UKBA website is very clear that Tier 2 applications can be completed on a paper form:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/february/24-tier25-online wrote: Do you need to apply online?

No, it is not compulsory to make your application online. You can still download and complete a paper application form.
And the system was very happy to let me book a premium appointment for a Tier 2 general visa without making an online application first.

I want to submit the online application to avoid the fee increase on the 6th and avoid the hassle of printing/filling/taking the paper application, but nowhere on the ukba website does it say it is mandatory to do so.